Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Priya DharshiniYour feedback matters!
What is the disease called alopecia? How can be this treated? Does this can occur more than once during a life period?
Hi Sir, I am from chennai. Am asking this query for my husband. No sperm count report on last year. So started treatment from january 2015 till taking the TESTOFIT and QACE tablet daily. My problem is Fibroid 2.3, 2.2. Getting regular periods 3 days. My LMP 18/09/2015 egg stages are growing well on 9th day 19*20, 20*20, 14*15 RT ovary and 15*15 LT ovary and next 11th day (29/09/2015) 24*24, 25*26, 19*20 RT and 20*25LT. Kindly let me. I would like to know whether my husband is met my egg. Is it possible to get conceive ? Kindly suggest me to get improvement for pregnancy.
Hey I had done a sex with my gf without condom and I still not remember that whether I evacuated all sperms in her vagina r not. But I had given her unwanted 72 within an hour. Is thre chances of pregnancy.
I had a foreplay and v we're rubbing our genitals he had an orgasm and his semen fell on my vagina but am stil a virgin when all this happened I had my periods which was a 15th day since I get irregular periods. But I am having loose motion wisdom tooth ache fr the past week this thing happened 10 days ago after which I got these problems are they symptoms? Am I pregnant?
Hello doctor .earlier in scans my due date was around nov 9-12 and now it is showing nov 20 .doctor was saying there was not much growth in last week .is there any thing to worry. Am very tensed and crying .please help me.
Hi I had slight bleeding like patches for past 3 days, now it has stopped. I took a hcg home test and got negative. My period was due on 14 March but have never got it. please help me.
If my partner has a history of herpes and genital warts and is not currently having an outbreak of either warts or herpes,can I contract either of the STDs from oral sex?
Dear doctor. I am working in Gulf. I will mention my case. I am in my early forties and I have a son. My husband died many years ago. My son is 22. We love each other very much. One night while we were both drunk, I allowed him to have sex with me which happened because of my foolishness of not stopping him and it continued 3 times the same night. I was unconcerned about contraception at that time and as a result, I got pregnant. I kept silent and went to a doctor who gave me pills called misoprostol. I had abortion and my son didn't know. After a couple of months my son and me started having sex again and once during an intimate moment, I told my son that I got pregnant once from him and went for abortion. He couldn't bear the sorrow and I too felt guilty and sorrowful. He started seeing baby pictures and started talking about babies to me. Eventually I got attracted and now we both intentionally want a baby and is trying for the same. What are the pre-pregnancy precautions that we have to consider. Also in terms of sex. Another question is, will I be able to satisfy my son as I get older especially after a few years, as menopause will be a reality My 10 year old daughter sleep with me at night in the next bed from mine. My son comes to my bed at night, Will she be able to understand if she see us making love. We always make sure it doesn't happen My son loves me as his mother very much. I feel very bad when he do clitoral licking as I am very much worried about my son's health. I talked with my friend who was in a similar relationship and who had safe deliverySo do I have a similar chance.
I was not having periods, I got sonography, multiple hormonal tests done everything came in normal however my prolactin level came as quite high after M.R.I it was detected m having micro 8.8 mm prolactinoma. The docs gave me medicine n all expressed that nothing is wrong and its treatable by a single medicine. But my concern is though its all benign and all treatable but am I prone to get cancer as compared to others or its just my anxiety and another main concern is m feeling tired and a bit light headedness so can you please send me the name of an effective medicine which helps me get relieve my fatigueness. Please please ill be highly obliged as I want to get normal and active as i.was before. Thanks in advance.
It is not easy to deal with labor pains. According to scientists and doctors, labor pain is a very strong sensation that a woman experiences in her lifetime. Therefore, it is important to know some tips that will help you deal with the intense pain during labor. There are some practical tools, which will help you survive labor pains on both emotional and physical levels.
You just need to implement these tools during your labor.
- Focus on the current contraction: When you get a contraction, focus on it solely. Do not agonize on the contractions you had or do not feel scared thinking about the contractions that are yet to come. You just need to focus on the present contraction without thinking about anything else. Many women think about how long they have to push before they can meet the baby. The over thinking can worsen the pain. Therefore, you should be in the present moment.
- Breathe: A great tip of resisting labor pains is breathing. Various kinds of breathing techniques have been invented for labor. You can try some of those breathing techniques during your labor. If you don’t remember any particular breathing technique, you can also try everyday breathing during the contractions. Breathing lets your abdominal muscles relax and helps the baby descend faster.
- Try to relax: Whenever you encounter pain or stress, you tense all the muscles of your body, especially your abdominal muscles. It is important to relax during your labor pain. Although it is difficult, you should try to relax instead of getting tensed. It will make your labor smooth.
- Be in a comfortable place: You should be in a place where your labor must be comfortable for you. If you are not comfortable, you will be stressed and anxious, which in turn, will make it difficult for you. When you are in a comfortable place, you will be happier and your muscles will be more relaxed.
- Don’t worry: Instead of worrying about your entire labor experience, focus on the task at hand. When you don’t worry, you can process the contractions without being stressed. As a result, your body will also get less tired and your baby will come out faster. You need to channel your energy into pushing the baby rather than worrying and stressing.
If you follow these simple tips, you will be able to survive labor pains and give birth to a healthy baby. Nature has given women all the tools so that they can give birth to a baby naturally. You just need to trust your body and empower yourself by keeping these tips in your mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am suffering from period in a month only one day it us to be before it us to be for 3-4 daya what are the solution?
Mai 6 week pregnant hu. Aaj mere husbnd ne mujse physical relation bna liye. Jis se muje thodi bleeding hui. Kya is se koi dkkt hai.
Last year I had 6 weeks miscarriage. Now unable to conceive. Recently found THYROID in my TEST report which is mentioned below: Test name Value Unit Bio. Ref.Interval TOTAL T3 : 1.35 ng/mL 0.60 - 1.83 TOTAL T4 : 8.40 ug/dl 4.50 - 10.90 3rd gen. TSH: 7.47 5 µU/mL 0.35 - 5.50 please suggest which medicine I have to taken. How to cure. And What to avoid.
I had my last period at august 20 and that period was 10 days early to my period cycle as the period date was 30 .In august I took tablets for my hurt which I got in my leg it was a painkiller and a healing tablet and after that I had cold and cough so I took cold and cough syrup. And at 26 august I had sex with my partner and @ 30 th I had a little bleeding as happens at last date and it stopped! Now the problem is its been 25 september and I do not have my periods and I have a backpain and in abdomen pain not much harsh and I have acne on above my chest 2 acne and no other symptoms are not present and I got through a pregnancy test using i-can pregnancy kit! The result was negative .why is my period delaying?
I am 30 year old lady suffering from pcos for the last 8 years. I have a kid of 5 years & now I am 8 weeks pregnant. I my 1st pregnancy also the embryo &heart beat were seen at 12 weeks, it was such a slow development. Now I have same problem. Urine tests r faint +ve and have 12 mm Endometrial thickness at 6 weeks, embryo is not seen yet. What type of food is good for embryo development. At present I am taking daily susten 300cap & 1 susten 100 injection per 3 days. I had many miscarriages in the past. What should I do ?i had the same problem with 1st pregnancy. What happen if I stop progesterone suddenly? Thanks a lot.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus causebladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Giving birth is a life-changing event for every mother and it leaves an everlasting impression in your life. Every delivery is unique and you can just gain from the experience of others, but don’t expect it to be the same.
You will experience many changes in your body and will learn to take care of yourself and your growing baby as soon as you find out that you are pregnant. Pain is a part of labour that every woman has to undergo. It is the fear of labour pain that make many pregnant women opt for c-section. However there is no denying the fact that c-section is a major surgery and requires several days to recover.
Keep in mind the following tips to go in for a normal delivery:
- Try to get prenatal education, which guides you about labour, birth and natural labour pain management techniques, such as breathing, self-hypnosis, relaxation and other coping mechanisms. You should check with your hospital too as most of them offer an evening or weekend course.
- Consult a gynaecologist who has a history in delivering babies naturally.
- Keep yourself physically active by doing mild exercises throughout pregnancy.
- You should keep a calm environment in your labour room.
- Don’t gain too much weight as women who aren't overweight do not have much difficulty in delivering babies vaginally.
- Opt for fewer rather as more tests, treatments and interventions during your pregnancy tend to interfere with normal birth. Whenever tests or procedures are recommended, you should ask about the need of undergoing such tests.
- Continue with your walks as it helps in relieving the pain.
- Go in for a water therapy. A shower, bathtub, birthing pool and hot compresses are other tools for easing pain and helping you relax. Spend as much time as possible in water.
- Use various positions such as sitting on the toilet, kneeling, and squatting to ease vaginal delivery.
- Massage/back rubs equally help in easing the pain.
- You can also go in for Effleurage which is a light massage of the abdomen to ease your vaginal delivery.
- Apply warm or cold compresses.
- Avoid hearing negative stories about labour.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet as the health and development of your baby depends on your nutrition.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety. Read good books about parenting and be in the company of good lively people.
- Use relaxation/breathing techniques to keep yourself calm.
- Guided meditation and prayers undoubtedly will reinforce your faith in yourself to deliver a baby vaginally.
- Have adequate sleep. Avoid drinking tea or coffee two hours before going to bed in order to have uninterrupted sleep.
Following these tips religiously can definitely increase your chances of having a normal delivery.
I am 46 years diabetic female I have legs pain problem in few days when I do any work standing in kitchen nd others. My periods are irregular this time.
“Now -a -days there been a boom in low fat products like fat free desserts, low fat biscuits, calorie counted ready meals. But while our shopping baskets are full bursting with this guilt free foods, our waist lines keep getting bigger.
Find the reason given below:
We all need some fat in our diet, not least because it makes our food palatable and tasty but is essential for our body, In low fat products altering the oil used for producing low fat foods, manufacturers also found they had to increase the amount of sugar in their products so we continued to enjoy their taste and texture.
All of this meant that the typical low fat product tended to be high in carbs, might contain trans fat which are really bad for our heart and at the end of the day had a very similar calorie count to the original product.Infact when we eat foods high in carbs especially white refined ones, our bodies digest them more quickly, this can lead to blood sugar swings and cravings making it more difficult to control our overall calorie intake-which means that second or third ‘low fat’ biscuit starts to look very tempting!
A DIET TOO HIGH IN THESE REFINED CARBOHYDRATES & SUGARS CAN BE AS UNHEALTHY AS A HIGH FAT DIET BECAUSE IT INCREASES THE RISK OF DIABETES, HEART DISEASES AND CAUSES HIGH CHOLESTEROL LEVELS.