Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Dharshini
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya DharshiniYour feedback matters!
I did a protected sex with my husband after the 4 days of the completion of my period and after did this protected sex ,I ate an i-pill within 2 hours for extra precaution. But again my period has started within 15 days after the completion of my previous period. What is the reason of this?
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
I'm 24 years old ,I'm suffering from obesity. I could not do exercises because of some bone related surgeries. Is it good to health to have cinnamon water and honey together? Is it harm for my liver?
Penis Fillers for a Small Penis: Some Basic Facts
Many men who take off their clothes and stand in front of a mirror like what they see. Others may find flaws, including what they perceive to be a small penis. When a guy believes he has a small penis, this can have an impact on his self-esteem, his self-confidence and his sex life. Sometimes it can even have an impact on his penis health, especially if he attempts to make his equipment larger by engaging in techniques which may do physical harm to the penis. There are many techniques that claim to enlarge a small penis, some of which are harmless and some of which are not. One of the more recent developments in this area, and one increasing in popularity, is the use of penis fillers.
Is small so bad?
Before discussing penis fillers, it pays to spend a little time talking about a man's perception of his penis as small. Very often a man may believe he has a small penis when in fact his equipment is perfectly adequate. Almost all penises, when erect, are of sufficient size to provide sexual pleasure to a partner, even if they are not "monster sized." The emphasis on enormous male appendages is likely exacerbated by the omnipresence of online pornography, which often features men with exceptionally large penises or uses camera angles to give an impression of greater size.
But even when a man does have a penis that is somewhat on the small side, that doesn't necessarily mean his penis is inadequate. A four inch penis is perfectly capable of bringing about great ecstasy in a partner, provided a man knows how to use it to its best advantage. Except in the cases of a true micropenis, skill counts for much more than size.
Despite this, there are plenty of men anxious to make their penis larger, and penis fillers are one avenue some are pursuing. Basically, penis fillers work the same way that "lip plumping" works. With lips, an injection of certain approved substances makes the lips fuller. With penis fillers, several injections are made to insert a substance into the shaft to add to the girth of the penis. (At this point, penis fillers do not add to the length of the member.)
An anesthetic is first applied to numb the penis, and then several injections are made at various points along the shaft in order to ensure the filler is evenly spaced. Sometimes the procedure is repeated a couple of weeks later. When done properly, there is some soreness afterward, but not a great deal. The effects are not permanent, lasting usually three to six months.
It is very important to note that fillers are not FDA-approved for use in the penis at all, and that there are significant risks associated with this procedure. It should only be performed by a licensed plastic surgeon; many men have had their penises injected with fillers that turned out to be toxic, which can be damaging and potentially fatal. In addition, there can be other risks, such as a potential "numbing" in the penis or a misshapen look if the fillers do not spread out evenly.
Bottom line: Men who believe they must use penis fillers should do so with the knowledge that there can be complications.
Small penis or large, and whether penis fillers are used or not, a guy needs to utilize a top flight penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) for better penis care. Choose a crème with both Shea butter (a high-end emollient) and vitamin E (a natural hydrator) to provide double-moisturizing power for the penis skin. The crème should also include vitamin D, which is made only in limited quantities in the body. Adding vitamin D can help boost its benefits to the penis.
Hey I am 27 years old, I didn't get my period it almost 4 days late I get my last period on 3/9/18 and my cycle is 29 or 30 days, I joined gym on 28/9/18. Is it because of gyming. My weight is 50 kg. Or else any other reason behind this?
I am 26 years old women, mujhe period time to time pe ata hai six months ho gayi hai mujhe koi pregnancy nahi hui hai.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine.
Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!