Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya DharshiniYour feedback matters!
On 5 march I have my period and on 11 march night my bf rub his penis on my vagina outside and he got his sperm but he did not insert the penis in my vagina and on 12 march I take one unwanted 72 and on 16 march I got fungal infection and I use V wash rome remedies and one cream and on 20 th march my discharge came in black color mix with white jelly discharge and after that I got brown discharge many time in drop like and on 22 my discharge became normal and infection get over is there any chance of pregnancy please reply me as soon as possible thank you.
What may be the major problems if periods have not come from 2 months except pregnancy. Is it any dangerous symptoms of any disease .please give advise.
Hi im 9 months pregnant. According to my scanning report my delivery will be today 18 june and doctors even told m today will be my delivery date but still now I dint gt any pain. Its okay if delay fr delivery im getting world please help.
Mujhe 10 din ho gye hai periods ruk nahi rahe thoda thoda roj hota hai please iska karan btaiye or pet bhi mota ho raha hai.
Hello Dr. My main problem related to periods. My last period date was 8 Feb. Now today is 10 March .my period is not coming. My frnd rubbing the penis on the upper part of the vagina. Not using condom. Starting penis discharged touched on the upper part of the vagina. Not enter into the vagina. Bt m not done the intercourse or sex. Pls help me Dr. My period is not coming. Bt can I do.
I am a 26 year old, female. I got pregnant two times but each time my baby got aborted. First pregnancy was molar. And there is no issue in second it got aborted naturally. What to do.
Hello Dr. I have a lump in my left side breast. It is over and Its size around 1.5 cm- 2 cm. I was tested FNAC test and result is it is fibroadenoma. It is never pain. But sometimes like if I press forcefully or sometime automatically pain started. Please suggest me some oil or home remedies for remove this lump.
I am more than 2 months late for my periods I had consumed 2-3 delay pills after I got my periods and got it stop I had intercourse with my partner and took ipill with 72 hrs. I took 3 pregnancy test n all were negative n my doc prescribed me meprate 10 mg once a day fr 5 days. Its been 3 days no chumps yet how long would it take to work or should I increase the dose to 2 tabts a day please help.
So your folks have always been advising, Early to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise? But, it is so not you. You realise that waking up early has its perks but cannot bring yourself to do it? You must have categorised yourself as nocturnal and left things at that.
Fact is, getting up early morning not only makes you more productive it also makes you less stressful. It is better to start your day on a calm note than rushing to get ready and leave for work. Give your body time to get out of sleep before you begin your daily grind.
1) Sleep is first: Deadline is an excuse. Make it a point to sleep at an assigned hour and waking up at a particular time.
2) Break the cycle: You sleep late, you wake up late and the cycle continues. Break this by forcing yourself to sleep at a particular time. Use simple ways such as having a warm glass of milk before bed, exercising, etc to make yourself fall asleep.
3) Be patient: It is ok to fail. The trick is to keep trying. Your body is used to a certain sleeping pattern and it will take a few days before it can accept a new one.
4) Start small: Take baby steps. On the first day, sleep 15 minutes earlier than your regular time and wake up 15 minutes earlier. Increment it till you reach your goal time.
I am married I got pregnant 4 time but all and every time abortion so can you please help me becoz this tym I am not interested in baby after 3 years so any option in this sicvation please hepl me.
How to know my wife is pregnant. She has periods at last week but she is always go to washroom and she has always pain at body.
Hi Dr. My AMH level is 0.5 ng/ml, is there any chance to get conceive? please give me any suggestion.
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eyeball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and is considered as an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD):
- Early AMD: This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD: A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD: People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss. Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasians are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contracting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable, but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.
I had sex on 31 august at 4: 30 pm one time n after that next day at 2 pm I ate unwanted 72 but now no bleeding is happening and loose motion is there. Should I worry about it? M I pregnant still?
Hi doc, my wife's last period was on 8 June .We started sex from 20th. But since 6 to 8 days she feels pain in both lower abdomen side. Normally she is not feeling it but when touching that area she feels pain. She is not doing any heavy work. Only does yoga in morning. Why this type of pain happening?
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Risk Factors for Cervical Cancer-
The number one predisposing factor for cervical cancer is infection with the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Any factor which increases a woman’s risk of contracting Human Papilloma Virus will increase the risk of cervical cancer. These following factors increase a womans risk of getting Human Papilloma Virus (HPV):
- Intercourse without barrier contraceptives.
- Multiple sexual partners.
- Sex with a partner that has penile warts.
- Cigarette smoking doubles a womans risk of getting cervical cancer.
Treatment options depend on the following:
- The stage of the cancer.
- The type of cervical cancer.
- The patient's desire to have children.
- The patient’s age.
For cervical cancer found early or for cancer found during the last trimester of pregnancy, treatment may be delayed until after the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.