Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priya ChendrasekharYour feedback matters!
My 6 years old son frequently complaining of mild headache and sometimes stomach pain! his eye sight is OK.
Hi sir, my son have continuous cough since January 30. I consult doctor and gave medicine but still he suffer a lot. What is the way to control this? Pls.
Hi, my son s 9 month (8.4 kg)old nd he s vomiting a lot so doctor suggest to give domstal 0.3 ml but by mistake I gave 2 ml to my baby, is dis any harm to my baby?
My baby is 3 months old. He has chest congestion from last 4 days. I am giving him maxtra 6 drops thrice and asthalin 1.5 ml thrice a day. Now the mucus became loose and it came into his throat. He becomes very uncomfortable at that time. What to do ?
I have 4 months baby. I m breastfeeding my baby. As someone told me that the breastfeeding mother shouldn't sleep on her back as the milk should go back and there will be no milk for breastfeed. Is it truth?
I have 8 month old baby. Usne 4 days se poty nai ki h. Is it normal or should I consult any doctor. Regards.
My 4 mnts baby dnt sleep during morning hours n not taking milk at all, frm birth she is on bottle feeding lactogen, frm one week she taking jst 200 ml of milk per day, I am trying alot to feed her BT she refusing to take, and NW a days she started crying whole nyt. Can I give syrup silence to my baby, can I start solids frm NW.
Hi, my baby is 5 months old. He has a severe chest congestion from last 7 days. Doctor gave maxtra drops 8 drops twice a day, ventorlin syrup 1.5 ml thrice a day and nebulization with levolin 0.3 mg twice a day. After 5 days I stopped giving medicines but next day he had chest congestion even more severe. I am afraid of medicines due to there side effects. Please suggest something. My baby is active and playful. He is taking breast milk properly.
My brother-in-law is 5 years old boy. He is suffering from for every two weeks frequently with102 degrees with cold and cough, he does not have any lose motions, vomiting, abdominal pain, burning urination. He is going to school. What we has to do? What he has to do?
I am a 16 years old boy and I am very thin even I eat my foods at time homemade foods. What should I do?
Hi doctor. My 8 month old daughter has a running nose and due to that she can't breath properly during night time and hence she cries a lot. We give nose drops but it doesn't help much. Please advice what to do. Thank u.
Hey Doctor, My daughter is 5 years old. She had fever in past 10 days & since then she is having weakness & low appetite, sometime she gets stomach pain. So doctor please suggest to improve her appetite & remove weakness. Thanks.
He is a 7 months kid and he was suffering from cold continuously for 1 month and got checked by doctor but it is coming again what are the precautions to be taken.
Hi my baby girl is 5 month old. She is of 5.1 kg. At birth she was 2.3 kg and delivered at 8 and half month. My question is, her weight is normal or underweight? Another question is she is screaming to much near about 1-2 hr continuously. She is taking enough mother milk, and sometimes dairy milk also. She is taking enough sleep. My question is does she facing any problem or any behaviour that is not understood by me?
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
Hello Dr. My 2 months old son is allergic to lactose and fructose. .now he is on soy formula zerolac But I have seen a lot of side effects of soy famula milk please tell me in detail what is I do now? ?
In pediatrics, we often say “children are not little adults” but in the case of the common cold, they really are. They have the same symptoms, runny nose, red-rimmed eyes, cough and they just FEEL YUCKY! With those symptoms most babies are fussier than usual and don’t sleep well at night, which is just like an adult with a cold (or maybe just me). for an infant, they are usually up and down all night, don’t feed as well, and just want to be held a little more.
When an infant gets a cold it is not uncommon for them to run a fever along with the cold symptoms. This usually only lasts a day or two and then resolves, but the other common cold symptoms may last from seven to 10 days.
With a cold they may not want to nurse or drink their bottle as well as they have a hard time breathing and sucking. This leads to a cranky baby, who may take less with each feeding, but will need to eat more often.
It is important to make sure that they stay hydrated. fluids are the most important thing. If your baby is having difficulty taking the bottle or latching on due to the congestion , you could feed with a katori spoon or a paladey with gaps in between . small frequent feeds will do the job.
Place the tip of the bulb syringe inside the baby’s nostril to remove mucous and help them breath and eat. You may also use a little salt water nose drops to squirt up their nose to help the mucous come out.
It also helps to get a mist humidifier to place in the room at night to help put some moisture in the air while the heat is running and the air is dry. The mist will also help alleviate some of the thicker mucous and also help the cough that accompanies the cold.
The most important thing to watch for is any sign of respiratory distress. A child’s breathing may “sound noisy” but it is important once again to look at their chest to make sure that they are not using those muscles between the ribs and “pulling” when they are breathing.
Coughs are also protective in that they help move mucous and keep the airway clear to prevent pneumonia. Lastly, your child should look a little better after the first several days of their cold. They should not develop fever later in the cold, and if they do it would be worth a pediatrician visit to check their ears. Not every baby with a cold gets an ear infection and they usually develop after they have had several days of cold symptoms, and not on the first day of a cold.
That’s your daily dose, stay tuned to my next update on your baby's health tips .Send in your questions or comments to babiesandmom.com !
Stay happy and stay healthy !
Dr Gorika's Children's Medical center
Our motto at GCMC is to "Treat every child as if you are treating your own child" This is one such destination where we assure perfect health for your little one. "We care for your newly born till they're eighteen"