Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priya ChendrasekharYour feedback matters!
My concern is with 2.6 years old daughter who is having constipation problem. We have visited to several doctors and most of them recommended for Piclin. The problem is whenever we give piclin at night after dinner, there is no issue with her stool however, if we do not give the syrup, she will not. I need your suggestion on this. Is it good to give Piclin?
I have a baby of one and half month old. Please suggest whether we should go for painless vaccination or with pain one. Which one is good for child health.
Mt report shows diameter of induration is 18m. MX 20 m.m.wat is DAT mean positive or negative? 3 years ki girl h.
My daughter is 2&half year old she was very active and walking and running well but from past 1 month she is Unable to walk, stand even Unable to talk we have done mri but of no use.
Vaccine provided through municipality is it safe for baby and kindly suggest that what differences of vaccine given through private doctor and municipality?
Hellow sir, mera beta 3 saal ka hai ,uskay face pr moluscloum contalism ho rakhay hai, six month ho gay hain, pehlay ayurvedic illaz Karaya, lakin ussay koi faiydaa nhi huaa,an bagel skin institute say treatment chal raha hai, doctor kapoor say, please suggest ,kya Karu, main laser say nhi karana chat as treatment.
My daughter is 8 years old. She is having warm prob though we dewarm her almost regularly. We stay in a good complex. Not wet weather also. Please suggest me what should I do? As well as her teeth are in very bad condition. Sometimes few teeth pains too.
My grandson has club foot (left) from birth. His affected foot was kept in plaster for three months immediately after birth and some exercises later on. Now he is 12 years old and walk freely unless somebody observe carefully. He can't run freely, as foot is never flat on ground. Is there any treatment by Physiotherapy or other way out? I request for response with clarity for future course.
My daughter is two years old. She is now 10.5 kg. She is very fussy for any kind of food. Her hands, feet and head always remain hot .plz advice.
Hello doctor, My son is just 4 month. And he sneezing, coughing from last night. We are on Travelling Any syrup or remedy for this? As he is still feeding from mother. Because few days ago his mother had same problem. Can viral can affect from Mother to child by feeding? Please suggest me. Aur is the ranu syrup for above problem?
Hi, my son is 4 years old. He is having allergy issues because of this he suffers from frequent cough. As per his recent tests his HB is 10.53 and TSh is 5.5. Please suggest is he anaemic? Should I start medication for thyroid or do some changes in his diet for correction and retest after 2 months?
My son is ten years old. But his weight is22 and height is30 CM. I want. To know why he is not growing according. To his age group.
My son is 3.5 years old and weighs 14 kg. Was having a repetitive condition of pain and stiffness behind left ear with fever and cough and cold. Which was diagnosed as left cervical lymphadenitis the condition is repeating after almost a month. And has repeated fourth time. He has been on antibiotics like zifi for 3 or 5 days. And on the last occasion linezolid for 14 days. But it has again repeated with same symptoms. A little worried wants to seek expert advice. Please help.
I have 45 days baby ,after feeding she vomit after 5 to 10 min and its contain. I want to know its a common problem or need to see doctor please advice.
Hi, my question is to a child/new born specialist. Recently I hv been blessed with a baby girl 4 days back. I would want to know which external feed /milk is best for my baby (cow's milk, buffalo's milk or packed milk powder). Please help me on this because mother's feed is not available in adequate amount to nourish baby at this point of time.
Hi, I am having a query about my daughter. She is 8 months old. She don't eat anything if I force her she cries a lot and vomit it out. She only do breast feeding. What should I do? Feeling confused.
My baby is 2 months 9 days. He has not passed stool since 2 days. He is on breast feed but as my feed is less I have to give him 1 time diluted cows milk but it is only once in a day about 60 ml. He is not taking formula feed. Is there any problem.
My 2 1/2 years old grand son, intercourse type action with soft toy or on bed after this activities he became tied &slept & observe hard and swollen around his penis & hydrocil. Submitted for your kind advise please.
Dear Doctor, My baby is one and half months old. I had put her in the cradle (cloth cradle which swings vertically). While swinging the cradle suddenly baby's head came up to little height (around 3 to 4 inches) and went back to the cradle cloth. Suddenly baby closed her eyes for two seconds (like baby is scared or she had a small jerk) and after two seconds baby is normal now. Will something happened to baby. I am worried a lot as in Google its mentioned like head shaking and all. Please reply me asap. Will it have any effects in later stages. Thanks
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.