Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prince DevadasYour feedback matters!
I'm 19 years old girl I want to rejunivate my skin .my skin is heavily oily . After trying so much things I found biotique products which I found are good but still recognize me best way to get back my shinny skin which I used to have .
Hiiii. I am suffering from beard hair loss (fungus) for last 3 months and I took medicine also but not effect on this. Suggest me what should I do?
I am 50 yrs old male. My skin is very dry & too much scaly. Palms are like hard rock. What should I do?
My daughter has a fever for the last 40 days, but not continuously, gap of 3-4 days. Max temp. Is 100. Her age is 13 years old. After taking pcm tablet it becomes normal in 10 minutes. All tests i. E. Typhoid, blood culture, urine culture, h b all ok. Antibiotics such as taxim o lariago has been given on dr. Advice. Kindly advise immediately.
Dear doctor, I M a 25 years old girl and I will get married in 3-4 months. My problem is about my hairs. My hairs are the worst hairs ever. They are totally damaged semi curly type and they are almost all splitted from the roots to tip of hairs. Even they don't grow properly. I am very helpless about them and I don't know what to do for such type of hairs. I hate them very much. But please give me some effective idea at least to make them split free and grow properly and look better since there will be my marriage in some days. Also give me some diet for healthy hairs.
Hello doctor I want to improve my digestion. It is very weak please guide me If I eat some protien powder normal one then too I get loose motion.
I am 19 years old. Am studying physiotherapy at Coimbatore. My native is Chennai. I have hairfall due to changing water. I lost my hair so much. Half of the hair is white and some black. I don't put oil for past years. So pls say any thing very useful to grow my hair and to change of hair color.
Dear Concern doctor, Mujhe typhoid fever hua tha 3 months pehle maine proper treatments bi liya. Lekin ab bi main tired feel karta hu. Main normal feel nahi karta. Muje urine main bhi kabi kabi jalan hoti hai. Yeh kyu ho raha hai please suggest me. Muje kya karna chaiye.
I am 22 years old I have had hair fall since 17. Now its not that worse except for the reduced thickness at the centre and receded hairline. What are the steps I should start taking to stop hairfall before it's too late. Thanks.
I'm 32 years old female. Married since 7 years and mother of two year old daughter. Since my pregnancy m having low back pain on the left side. N knee pain since 2 years. What should I do.
Doctor, my baby girl is now 8 years, when she was 6 months age she was suffering from Nimonia, Bronchitis. Now also she is so weak in health and sick.
My wife has a minor to severe continuous lower back pain. Sometimes it moves to hips and finds difficulty in sudden changes in body postures. Combiflam gives her relief for sometime. Please suggest me a suitable way and medicine to stop this. Regards.
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer: People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease: According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity: People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol: High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders: In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
To get more such tips and ask health-related questions from trusted doctors of India, download Lybrate App on your smartphone today. http://lybr.at/app-pz. Enjoy Healthy Living
Protein comes in ample amount from foods such as meat, eggs, legumes, dairy products, soy, and fish. It serves as the building blocks for the body's cells, muscles, skin, tissue, and organs.
Although, both chicken and egg are infused with high amounts of protein, they do vary on the grounds of the actual protein content per serving. So which is a better source of protein?
Nutritional facts of 100g chicken
Nutritional facts of 100g eggs
Both chicken and eggs are a low calorie and high protein option. However, chicken contains double the amount of protein than eggs per serving, emerging as a clear winner. Not only that, chicken also contains less cholesterol in comparison to eggs, making it a much healthier food choice.
Nevertheless, eggs possess a number of other health benefits, and should not be ruled out of your daily diet.
1. Eggs contain riboflavin or Vitamin B2 in abundance, which helps in improving your metabolism
2. Egg whites are a rich source of Vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper, all of which are essential for the proper functioning of your body
Even though both chicken and eggs are almost equally healthy, the key to proper health is to eat all you want but in a moderate manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.