Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Prince DevadasYour feedback matters!
Intra uterine insemination is a common fertility treatment which involves positioning a sperm within the woman’s uterus in order to help it fertilize. The primary objective of this treatment is to surge the number of sperms that are supposed to reach the fallopian tubes for multiplying the chance of fertilization. It offers an advantage to the sperms by minimizing its area of traversal, but the sperm must reach the eggs for fertilizing the ovum on its own. It is a minimally invasive method and much lesser expensive when compared to in vitro fertilization.
When do the doctors recommend intra uterine insemination?
The most common reason behind opting for intra uterine insemination is decreased sperm mobility and low sperm count. But there are various other reasons why gynecologists recommend this treatment and these include unexplained infertility, cervical scar tissues from past operations, cervical mucus problems, ejaculation dysfunction and several others.
On the other hand, intra uterine insemination is not recommended for women with conditions of pelvic infections, moderate to severe endometriosis and women with acute problems in the fallopian tubes.
How does the process of intra uterine insemination work?
- Before opting for the intra uterine insemination, doctors may recommend ovulation stimulating medicines which require careful monitoring of the eggs to determine when they are mature. The intra uterine insemination will be done between 24 and 36 hours after the rise in LH hormones which indicates high chances of ovulation.
- A semen sample is separated from the semen, and then the sperm is inserted directly into the uterus with the help of a catheter. This procedure improves the positioning of sperm cells into the uterus which, in turn, increases the chances of conception.
- The whole procedure takes about a couple of minutes and gives only minimal discomfort. Then the doctors closely monitor your signs and symptoms of pregnancy. In most cases, there is minimal risk of infection after the intra uterine insemination. Also, women who take fertility medications while having IUI also have chances to become pregnant with multiples.
What is the success rate of intra uterine insemination?
The success of intra uterine insemination depends on a host of factors. If a couple chooses to opt for this treatment every month, the chances of successful pregnancy are increased by 20 percent per cycle. But factors like age of the woman, use of fertility drugs, and the reason behind infertility play a critical role.
Since intra uterine insemination is a cheaper process compared to in vitro fertilization, the success rate of this procedure can sometimes be lower than the latter. It however in most cases gives good results. So, if you are interested in this treatment, you must consult with an expert gynaecologist for discussing your options.
I am 50 old Female, since a month i'm facing a small problem. All of a sudden I feel like house is rotating while working or sitting or sleeping. Unable to sleep properly. Please suggest me what to do.
I am 24 years old I am using site specs due to regular using my both eye skin changes as black color give me your valuable opinion for my eyes become normal skin tone.
I think I have a anxiety issues. I can't handle situations with much ease. I panic and react a lot. I have been taking non prescribed medicines without any consent. I have severe head ache sometimes. Especially when I cry. I have breathing problem when I climb normal stairs.
I have hypopigmentation after laser on face can crolim (tacrolimus help) and give other option I am so depressed.
Sir is there any problem if I do marriage in relations I.e. My father's sisters daughter can you suggest me please.
I am 26 years old and I am having a major issue. I am having hair fall from the last 3months. What should I do to control it.
The sudden change in the looks, color or texture of the skin indicates the skin diseases. This can result in swelling, chapping, itching, blistering etc. that can or can’t accompany with pain. The skin disorder may be localized on the specific part or may spread to the whole body; this disease is known as Atopic Dermatitis. The discomfort or pain of this disease also creates an awkward condition with looks. Many skin diseases like pimples, eczema problem, rashes, and fungal infections along with Atopic Dermatitis much more are commonly found in the people. Measles, rubella, roseola, chicken pox these are common skin diseases found in children. In some conditions, the blistered and inflamed skin can be very painful and the virus infection can continue to chickenpox.
The factors causing Atopic Dermatitis are as wide ranging as the kinds of diseases it. The Atopic Dermatitis can be caused due to heat, immune system weakness, infections, medications, and allergy with chemicals like rubber, cosmetics, detergents, soaps, dyes, etc.
Even the skin type and the various alcohols based or infrequent shampooing is also responsible for the skin problems. Some uncontrolled factors like aging, fatigue, weather and fatigue can often develop skin diseases gradually.
Many healthcare systems are available and assure the treatment for Atopic Dermatitis but they can only reduce the symptoms of the problem, whereas homeopathy treatment provides complete cure from the all the symptoms. Homeopathy remedies directly target the deep root cause of Atopic Dermatitis and remove them with the constant use of prescribed medicines. Homoeopathy treatment for Atopic Dermatitis is safer and successful as compared to other healthcare systems. The naturally extracted homeopathy remedies are side effect less and help people to escape from the crucial symptoms of this disease. Homoeopathy treatment and medicine for Atopic Dermatitis initiate the process from taking the case studies to know the hidden root cause of the diseases. The expert physician suggests the Best homeopathy medicine for Atopic Dermatitis to recover permanently. This is a cost effective system and assures the prevention of recurrence as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
I am 23 years old female. Very lean and thin. Do not have attractive looks and my complexion is not fair. I do not want to be perfect in everything but at least I want to look like a 23 years old not a 16 years girl. Just because of my physical appearance I was rejected many times.
My son is 7 years old. He is suffering from recurring tonsillitis from the last 3 years. He is having a fever after every 15 days. I have got his CBC test reports his Hg is 11.6, TLC is 3200, ESR 50, RBC 4.45, HCt 32.7, MCV 73.5, MCH 26.1, MCHC 35.5, RDW 15.4, platelet 217000, MPV 7.6 kindly advice what to do? is his blood reports are normal? is he require any special medication? pls. advice.
Sir I have got some heart problem. Some time I heard very loud sound when I was sleep then my heart beet is running very fast. And I get up or headache pain. May I know what is the problem with me.
My mom moans sometimes during nocturnal sleep. She told me that she feels pain and unable to produce any sounds during that time unless and until someone wake her up the episode continues. Is this a sleeping disorder? My mom is very superstitious and she believes this happens because of her few superstitions!
Dear doctors my friend she is 18 years old. She is having a problem of not feeling hungry. And feeling of vomiting at the time of eating. This symptom continues from 15 days Her health is getting down day by day and she is feeling weakness these days. Her hands and legs have also became very thin. Don't know what has happened? Is there anything serious?
I am diabetic Taking half pill in the morning Very much under control For B P I am taking older 20 Half in the morning.
My sister is 20yrs old. Since last 2 months body is paining and meanwhile suffered fron tyfoid but now no symptoms except body pain. There is no relief by medicines.
My skin was absolute fair but due to sun tan it is darken much. What should I do to avoid this problem?
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My name is Sandip Anand 30 years old had darkness (some area) on my forehead. To get rid of it I used no scars cream for 15 days and the result was awesome. Then I stopped applying cream and my forehead got more darker then ever (some part) I also got redness on both sides of nose joints. Kindly suggest to get rid of this situation as soon as possible because I am getting married within 1 month.
Each and every person on this planet has to deal with the loss of a loved one at some point of their life or the other. It is an undeniable and unavoidable part of the human existence. However, at times, the grief can affect the person so much that their psychological, emotional and physical health may be affected. Their normal day- to-day functioning may be affected as a result of their extreme reaction to the loss of their loved one. In such a case it is ideal to seek treatment from a certified medical professional such as a counselor or psychologist. If the condition is even more serious and the patient requires help to treat him or her, then it is advisable to go to a psychiatrist.
However, the following tips commonly given by mental health professionals may help to deal with such a loss:
- Accepting one's emotion: Sometimes an individual may remain in denial about the loss of the loved one or about his or her own reaction to it. This increases the negative emotion as it does not find a medium of expression. The person withdraws into himself or herself, and is slowly unable to conduct the usual daily activities. The first step therefore is to fully accept the reality of the event and one's own response to it. It can help to speak to a friend or family member about one's own response, or even release the grief by crying. Such cathartic avidities are the first step.
- Taking care of oneself: Often after the death of a loved one, an individual may become wary of his or her own condition and fail to look after himself or herself. This should be avoided. Normal diet, exercise and activities are required.
- Channeling grief into productive activity: Constantly focusing on the loss of the loved one can increase the trauma and stress. Sometimes it helps to focus on helping others, e.g. Volunteering at a charity or assisting others in some way. Even taking up artistic pursuits or any productive hobby proves to be beneficial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.