Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PremnadhYour feedback matters!
Are there any exercises that can be done to cure chondromalacia? Do I have to keep myself away from sports?
I am 40 years old male I am suffering since 1 years from very weakness, tiredness, very fatigue and sometimes feel pain in leg and arm muscles. But very weakness in both legs specially and my whole body is not active once. And pain.
My age is 41 . I am facing lots of difficulties in walking because of severe pain in the bottom of my feet in right leg. My height is 5.8 and weight is 105 so please help me by giving proper guidance and medicine to control my feet pain and lessen my weight.
I am 33 years old male govt employee. When I am driving two wheeler I getting back pain. What I will do?
I have got an injury yesterday but didn't feel pain at that time but now my back have a worst pain what to do?
Respected sir my aunt is suffering with paralysis and leg pains and feet swelling what is the solution for this problem.
How long does it take for the muscles of a limb to come back to normal after the limb has been non weight bearing because of a fracture? My fracture in my left ankle was healed within two months after which gradually I was allowed wt bearing. However it is seven months since my accident but the leg is still not got back to normal though it is getting better every day I am still limping -does it normally take that long?
I have a back pain in last 3 months , I am 20 years old, have if got any relief. What should I do now?
I'm suffering from back pain shoulder pain etc what should I do or which balm I must use to cure it .my weight 41 age 20.
I have severe left leg pain due to back problem from past 2 year and now the pain has been increased so much for the past few days. Idid physiotherapy for 10 days, naturopathy for 20 days, yoga for 1 month but I didn't get any result. So consult me with best solution.
Hii I'm kalpana doctor I'm suffering from back pain since last 6/7 month. My treatment under forte hospital Gurgaon. Dr. prevent gupta neurologist but still I'm suffering. Please suggest what I do. Thank you Regards Kalpana Goswami.
I have a Acl tear in my left knee doctor advised for an operation should I go for it I am a athlete and 21 year old male.
Muscle cramps often occur in the calf muscle of the back of the lower leg. It is often characterized by a momentary sharp pain along with a muscle lump beneath the skin. Just like its sudden appearance, muscle cramp disappears the same way without any botheration. However, a doctor should be consulted if you see any of the following symptoms:
- The pain keeps coming back
- The cramps result in weakening of the muscles
- It causes frequent discomfort
- It results in changed skin color, redness or swelling of the skin
- The condition doesn’t improve with normal care
- Cramps are not associated with obvious causes such as playing, exercising and jogging
What causes muscle cramps?
Any strain on muscle, dehydration, muscle overuse or simply standing for a prolonged time can lead to muscle cramps. The exact cause of muscle cramps is not known in a lot of cases. There could be the following medical conditions that could lead to such muscle cramps:
- Blood supply: At times when the arteries narrow down resulting in an inadequate blood supply in the leg, a sharp pain can be felt followed by muscle cramps. This can happen while exercising or playing. It disappears as soon as one rests their legs.
- Mineral depletion: Shortage of magnesium, potassium and calcium in the body can lead to muscle cramps. Even medication for high blood pressure can lead to cramps in the legs.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression of the spine can produce sharp pain on the leg muscles. The pain worsens with longer durations of walk. The symptoms, however, can be delayed a bit if the walking posture is changed, like the way one walks while carrying a shopping cart.
What are the risk factors associated to muscle cramps?
- Dehydration: Muscle cramps often happen among athletes when they get dehydrated and fatigued while performing in hot temperature.
- Age: People over the age of 60 often lose mass in the muscle. The remaining mass gets stressed out soon, resulting in muscle cramps.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women face frequent muscle cramps due to the sudden increase of body weight and restricted movements in the pregnancy period.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as nerve disorder, thyroid problems, liver failure, diabetes etc. greatly increase the chance of muscle cramps.
Some common ways to treat muscle cramps:
- A brisk walk followed by stretching relaxes the muscles and greatly helps in staying away from cramps.
- A diet consisting of magnesium on a regular basis gives relief from muscle cramps.
- A wet cloth soaked in hot water often shows magical results and gives instant relief from muscle cramps.
- Being hydrated throughout the day helps with muscle cramps. It is necessary to consume enough amount of electrolytes so that muscle contraction does not happen.