Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PremkumarYour feedback matters!
My age is 62 years, I am suffering from Prostate Cancer. I received radiation therapy of 42 sittings during june & July 2014 at HCG hospital, Bangalore and taking harmony therapy simultaneously for the last 1 1/2 years. And also I am diabetic. 6 months back CT Scan showed that the Prostate is normal. Let me know whether any chance of spreading to other organs in future.
Breast cancer is on the rise largely due to changing lifestyle and dietary patterns among woman in urban india. With fewer women opting for babies and lactating for lesser time than their mothers, they are at a higher risk of facing this condition
I am 17 year old boy. There is little bit of swelling in my left breast and on touching it is quite hard. please help.
Prostrate issue for long time since 10 years early morning when I get up the bladder is full and take some time to empty it.
Hi, My Mammography report are as follows. Please suggest if its a cancerous or any pre-sign of some issue? Is it common or not? Few nodular, well defined rounded calcific opacities are seen in bilateral breasts, (Left > Right), likely to be tiny calcific fibro adenoma, fat necrosis / degenerative changes, largest in left breast is seen in upper inner quadrant, measuring approximately 2.8 mm; A small, well defined opacity measuring approximately 11 x 9 m is seen with few micro-calcific mono-morphic densities, in right breast upper inner quadrant - likely to represent a fibro-adenoma with degenerative changes obvious other focal lesion or definite secondary signs of malignancy noted. No pleomorphic micro-calcifications, skin thickening or evidence of recent breast nipple retraction seen.
I am 54 year old male having enlarged prostate and am under medication. I am having fluid less ejaculation for about 3 ~ 4 weeks. Is there anything to worry?
It is necessary that if my Mom had Breast Cancer then at certain age I can also get diagnosed? Please advice me.
I am 19 years old female. I have some doubt about cancer symptoms that I face. First is that my breasts are different size. Right is larger than left. Some times the nipple retracted. And many hairs are surround the nipple. If it seen in women? and I feel some block in throat. After eating food I feel very disturbance. I test the thyroid test. It is normal. I am disturbed by these problems. If tese are the symptoms of cancer?
I am 19 years old. I took treatment for nasopharyngeal carcinoma of radiation and chemotherapy. Radiation 35 sittings in month of may-june. chemotherapy 3 cycles. From past six months I am not able to eat solid food. Salivary glands have to reactivate. Now what should I do. From when can I eat and how to reactivate my salivary glands.
In my wife's breasts before menstruation becomes lumpy internal conflicts comes with inflammation stiffness which is quite uncomfortable. Please advise the pain is too much. before some time took medicine for pregnancy.
Can I get my 11 year old doctor vaccinated for Cervical Cancer? What is the cost of the vaccination?
Hi Doctor, 2 years back She had brest cancer, it was removed through mastectomy. Later chemotherapy was done. Later, Doctor told to consume Anastrozole of 1 mg every night after dinner. She is consuming it. Problem is every day she'l have Dry cough, nearly 8 to 10 times she coughs continuously, no time constraint for this cough. When we consulted oncology Doc, he told its a side effect of tablet. And told to consume more water! She tried taking cough tablets, consume more water nothing helped. Please suggest me a process (Ayurveda, Homeopathy, English medic etc.) Or a solution (a drug) or any other solution so that her cough gets cured. Thanks,
My mother -in-law is 71 years old, yesterday she was detected to have breast cancer on the right side in an advance state. Doctors say that it has not spread to the shoulder but requires immediate surgery and more probable for cure and may live another 10 years, what I shall do and is there any other treatment other than surgery and what are the diet requirements? Please advise.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer.