Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Premila SuganthanYour feedback matters!
I have slight yellow teeth. How can I whiten my teeth using home made remedy? What will be the best to whiten the teeth and in how many days it will show its result?
Actually I am 18 years old my wisdom teeth is erupting and I am suffering with please advice me what to do.
My husband is about 31 yrs. Actually he is suffering from mouth ulcer from very long.. As he said his problem mouth ulcer start in his teen age still he is coping with this trouble. He consult many doctors but they said it will cure after marriage. We have 4 years now to get married but issue not gone. What he should any suggestions. please share.
I brush my teeth daily but its looks not white or shinning. Its looking yellow. Plzzzz suggest any homw redeme or medicine etc for whitening teeth. Thnxxx.
I use colgate max fresh but there is still problem of yellowness of teeth. Any recommendations please
I have mouth ulcer since very long time. It goes of for 1-2 days and again come back and little pan in right side of tongue root while food gulp.
Sir mera ek dant tut gya he front side vala us pe cap lgai he pr jb bi me jump krta hu or jor se sir hilata hu to us dant pe jhtka lgta he or drd hota he kya isska koi solution he.
Dear doctor, Past from the few days I am suffering from pain in between teeth and mouth. I never faced it previously but I am having hobbits of tobacco and smoking. Please do suggest to reduce pain.
My left Inner cheek comes in between teeth while talking or closing mouth. There are white lines which my dentist says are due to loosening and collapsing of cheek muscle. Tried to use bite guard also. Please guide if any solution.
I am 33 years old and my upper front teeth are have gaps in between, and also one was broken replaced with ceramic one it has become pale yellow, kindly suggest treatment and cost also.
Most children dislike dentists and will make any excuse to not visit them until the pain of a cavity becomes too much to bear. A cavity can be described as a hole in the tooth caused by tooth decay. Cavities affect people of all ages, but are most commonly experienced by children. Cavities can affect both milk teeth and permanent teeth. The good news is that cavities can be easily prevented. Here are a few tips.
- Pregnant women and mothers can transfer cavity germs to the children. Thus, the first step to preventing cavities in children is for mothers to practice good oral habits by brushing and flossing daily along with a healthy diet. Visit a dentist regularly and get your teeth and gums properly cleaned and examined.
- Do not encourage your child to drink juices, sodas or other artificially sweetened drinks. When your child is an infant, do not fill his bottle with anything other than milk or water. Also, do not put your child to sleep with a bottle of milk or anything other than water. Once your child has brushed his teeth at the end of the day, he should have nothing with sugar in it. This is because saliva production decreases while sleeping and without enough saliva, teeth cannot protect themselves against mouth acids.
- Limit snacking between meals. This prevents the buildup of acids in the mouth and gives the mouth enough time to repair itself without causing damage to tooth enamel. Give your child a healthy, well-balanced diet. A diet rich in calcium, phosphorus, and proteins will help build strong teeth. Instead of sugary snacks, give your child let your child snack on fruits, vegetables, yogurt, cheese, nuts etc.
- Teeth can be cleaned as soon as they appear. Teach your child to brush their teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of a fluoride-based toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush your teeth along with your child to teach them the proper way of brushing and build a healthy habit.
- Get your child’s teeth regularly checked by a dentist. The dentist will be able to identify early signs of cavities that you may have missed along with other dental problems that may increase your child’s risk of cavities. He will also be able to check the growth and development of your child’s teeth. A child’s first dental visit should be before he celebrates his first birthday. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Iam suffering from mouth ulcer and I used the B complex tablets but it is not working please give a suggestion to me.
I have multiple gaps between my upper front teeth that makes my smile really unwanted. I want to get rid of the unwanted gaps and make my teeth attractive. Is there any Simple fast procedure without any harm that can help me. I am 18 years old and quite worried about my teeth and smile. I live in kolkata.
Getting braces is the best thing you can do for your teeth. Yes, the process is painful. And maintenance of braces can get too much, but it is not undoable!
When you have braces on teeth, those teeth need extra attention to protect them from decay, staining and gum disease. You should also take precautions to avoid damaging the braces. For example, activities to avoid include eating chewy or sticky sweets, eating hard or crunchy foods, biting your lip, breathing excessively through your mouth and pushing your tongue against your teeth,
So if you got braces for the first time, here are some helpful tips you can swear by. Read on.
Listen to your orthodontist: This is kind of obvious, but seriously, listen to what your orthodontists says. You may wonder if you really need to do this or that, but not paying attention to your doctor’s advice can actually prolong your treatment, and extend the time you need to keep your braces on.
Brush every time you eat: Although brushing twice a day is the standard oral care recommendation, when you wear braces, you should brush after every time you eat — even after that mid-afternoon vending machine snack or some late-night munchies. That's because food particles easily become trapped in the braces, and the longer those particles stay trapped, the greater risk you have of developing dental problems. Use a soft toothbrush with round bristles, or an electric toothbrush if you prefer.
Rubber Bands: If you have been asked to use rubber bands, it is always recommended to carry rubber bands with you all the time, so if one breaks it can be replaced promptly. Rubber bands wear down and lose their elasticity, so they should be replaced often, definitely after every meal. Wearing the rubber bands all the time will keep the treatment progressing at an optimum pace.
Use your back teeth to chew: Don’t bite into that burger with your front teeth like you are accustomed to doing. This actually gets the food to stick on to your braces. So eat food that you can cut into bite size pieces and chew easily with your back teeth.
Drink plenty of water: Skip that soda, which will only erode your teeth, and drink water after meals. This not only keeps you healthy, but with water, you can swish it around your mouth to rinse out any big chunks of food.
Stay away from crunchy food: Crunchy foods are dangerous, not only do they get stuck in your braces, they also can get quite painful to remove. Plus, crunchy foods can be bad news for the shiny braces you just got for yourself.
Speak up: If during an appointment you have any query, no matter how silly, ask your orthodontist. Your doctor is there to help and guide you, so don’t shy away from asking questions and discussing your problems. Or if some part of the brace is hurting mildly, get it checked at once. Air your troubles, that is what your doctor is here for.
After The Braces Are Off-
Whitening products, including whitening toothpaste and mouthwash, should not be used until after braces are removed. After braces come off, some discoloration of the teeth will likely be present, so this is a good time for a child to use whitening strips.