Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Premanand PanothYour feedback matters!
I've oily face, more pimples on face and my skin was dull. My age was 23 male weight 58 kgs, height 172 cm How should I control it give me some suggestions please.
I am student and I have one black lesion or spot on my right bicep and skin around it got blackened and along with the same my back was also has numerous lesions or spots which looks dead and no itching or pain and I want to get rid of all of them I have this problem from last 2 years I used creams suggested by allopathy doctor but no effect and I also used medicines like Ashwagandha tablets prescribed by one of ayurvedic doctor it also had no effect please suggest anything which will have guaranteed effect.
Hernia surgery is performed for the correction of a hernia which refers to the bulging of internal organs or tissues through an abnormal opening. It is easy to detect hernia through any pain or discomfort while lifting heavy objects, cough and strain during urination or bowel movements or during prolonged standing or sitting. It can be found in both men and women. The Hernia can be congenital or can be developed over a period of time. If it doesn’t get better over time and also does not go away by itself, then surgery becomes the only option.
Types of Surgery
There are two types of surgery for hernia treatment. One is the conventional open method, which requires an incision in the skin directly over the hernia. The other one is the Laparoscopic hernia repair in which surgery is performed using a small telescope known as a laparoscope. In this type of surgery minimal invasions are made and the hernia is repaired with only small incisions adjacent to the hernia. Most hernia operations are performed on an outpatient basis, which means that you can go home the very same day.
Tips for early recovery
- Wear comfortable clothing with expandable waistbands.
- Keep yourself active by moving around as much as you can as it increases circulation, which further speeds up healing.
- Eat a diet rich in fibre, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids to avoid constipation.
- Do not lift any objects even if it is very light as it can bring back pain.
- Do not to pick up things from the floor as it will be difficult to bend.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach while sneezing or coughing to lessen the pain.
- Use stool softener for a few days before and after surgery to help you with your bowel movements.
- Avoid driving till the time you feel any pain and as long as you are taking narcotic pain medicines.
- Band-Aids which cover the incisions should be changed as and when needed.
- Refrain yourself from intercourse as it can be painful.
- Check with your doctor when to take a shower so as not to hurt your incisions, and make sure to gently dry your incisions and replace the Band-Aids after taking a shower.
- Do not consume any alcoholic drinks for at least 24 hours.
The tips mentioned above will definitely provide help to cope up with post surgery blues. However, in case of fever, excessive sweating, difficulty in urinating, bleeding or any prolonged pain consult your doctor immediately.