Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Premanand Panoth
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Premanand PanothYour feedback matters!
Hi, i have tan on my hands and back. Beautician has suggested me to check with dermatologist. Kindly help me out.
In my face there are lots of moles coming what can I do for clean moles and my face is much dark what can I do for fairness in face. Suggest which can work within 15/days.
Sir, Im sagar shelake nd dear is black spot coming on my face so please suggest mi for the home made therapy to help to remove it.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"