Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
Hi Permanent lens can be done in both the eyes at same time? Can we do swimming n facial on face etc? Can we feel that we have normal eye?
I am 25 year old, I have eye problem since 2 months when I use computer 2-3 hours my eyes are blurred.
Sir muje myopia kii problm h wo bhi 5 Year se but ab muje glasses lgana acha nhi lgta iska koi ayurvedic treatment h ya koi drop jo spectal no. Decrease kr ske pls help me sir.
Up in the morning with a swollen right upper eyelid and cheeks on right side only. No pain or discomfort in the eye. Went to a doc he gave me the following Ivepred, LCZ, Topicid and asked to avoid sunlight. I have never had this no asthma what could this be? Some home remedies he suggested none. I had home cooked fish last night and I hv had that before. Could it be a good allergy I also had sprouts. I have never reacted to fish I also got henna done in my hair though not the first time yesterday!
From few days sir. My eyes is paining very much after using my laptops or watching television I have glaucoma diseases and I use iotim eye drop regularly for 2 times a day wht did I do now sir please give me some suggestion sir.
My eyes are itching since 3 months, have consulted doctor twice and the eye drops prescribed are not effective. What shall I do?
Why do I have red eyes after sex I am seeing this like every time I'm having sex. I am red eyes paining and I feel very sick I don't know why. Can anyone please suggest me something and tell me what exactly I should do.
Hello Doctor, I am 32 years old. Please advise what medicines can be useful to increase eye vision as I am wearing a glasses and want to remove them permanently.
I am underweight and my eyes are totally gone inside make me looking ugly. Please suggest me the best solution to make my eyes normal.
Dear Doctor, As per the latest blood test report, my Triglycerides, and HDL were very high. I was advised by a medico in Unani medicine to stop eating cashews, eggs, and mutton. But, after reading your article, I am confused. Could you please advice whether I should continue eating cashews or stop it?
My 3.5yr old girl child has suddenly crossed eye occurs.We checked her eye and she has 2+ spherical number. But still there is crossed eye. Please suggest good medicine
I am Amar Holeppagol my age is 22 and I am having eye problem. Knee problem leg pain headaches and I am studying be engg in t John college. Please send me solution to the problem.
Whenever I wake up from sleep or when I lay down for a couple hours and get up, the back and side of my head hurts. I do watch at phone screen continuously for 3-4 hours. Is it the reason? And what should I do?
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.