Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
It's more than two months I took I pill and no periods I am not pregnant my doctor suggested me meprate for 3 days and after meprate I am experiencing just a pink or brown discharge no proper periods please help.
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones are one of the most painful disorders that affect humans. Kidney stones are solid masses of mineral salt deposits that are normally filtered through the kidney and emptied via urine. Urine has a natural substance, which dissolves these minerals, thereby preventing them into becoming solids or calculi. Sometimes due to dehydration, these salts don’t get dissolved and crystallization takes place. It grows large enough to obstruct the renal ducts or get stuck in the ureter, causing sharp and severe pain in the urinary tract. Untreated, kidney stones can cause renal failure
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning.
Basil leaves (Tulsi) are good for the overall health of kidney. Mix 1 teaspoon of juice from basil leaves with 1 teaspoon of honey and have it daily in the morning. You can also chew two to three basil leaves in order to remove the stones from the urinary tract.
The water and potassium content that is present in watermelon is an essential ingredient for a healthy kidney. It helps in regulating and maintaining the level of acid present in the urine. Eating watermelon or drinking its juice everyday will help in flushing out stones from the kidney.
Regular intake of celery helps in clearing the toxins that cause the formation of stones in the kidney.
Drink a glass of tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper every morning. This helps dissolve the mineral salt deposits in the kidney.
Drinking plenty of water daily will produce clear urine each time you urinate. This will eventually help the kidney stones to pass.
Whole wheat bread is a rich source of fiber, nutrients and proteins along with magnesium. Having two to three slices of whole wheat bread daily will help a lot in lowering the risk of kidney stone.
Kidney beans are another effective remedy for treating kidney stones or any kind of bladder problems. You can simply remove the seeds from the pods and slice the pods in the water, allow the water to boil on low flame for an hour until the pods become soft and tender. Strain the liquid and leave till it cools, drink it several times throughout the day to get relief from kidney stones.
A proper diet is essential in keeping the kidney healthy and prevent formation of kidney stones. Drinking plenty of water and other fluids or liquids daily will help prevent most types of kidney stones. Consuming too much of calcium rich foods such as spinach, beet, cauliflower, carrots, almonds, sweet breads, coconut, turnip, Bengal gram, peas, whole-wheat flour and organ meats like liver and kidney can lead to kidney stones. One should also know to choose a diet that is low in salt and animal proteins. Keep away from condiments such as pickle, alcohol drinks, sauce, cucumber, radish, tomato, asparagus, onion, cabbage, meat and gravies as well as carbonated drinks.
Lemon juice contains citric acid that helps break down the calcium-based kidney stones. Drink two to three glass of lemon juice daily. This will help increase the volume of urination, which is really good for those having kidney stones
My husband and me are trying for a baby since a year now we got some tests done like sperm analysis and for me thyroid sugar everything was normal what could be the reason for that we are not able to conceive?
I had missed abortion in June 2015 Now I am trying for conceiving from last 2 months still not got result.
I am planning for a baby, is it safe to take Looz syrup on daily basis? I am taking this syrup since 6 months and this is the only medicine that helps me out from constipation. Please suggest.
I have done my marriage before 4 month still I have no baby can you give me suggestion of how can I do it because I have try 4 months.
A miscarriage is generally characterized by the loss of a fetus before the passage of around one forty days of pregnancy. In medical terminology, a miscarriage is usually referred to as a spontaneous abortion, precisely because it happens spontaneously. According to studies, about 50% of all pregnancies end up in miscarriages and around 80% of miscarriages occur within the first three months of pregnancy. If they happen to occur after the passage of twenty weeks of gestation, they are normally termed as late miscarriages.
The most common cause of miscarriages is primarily due to the presence of some fatal or critical genetic problem in the unborn baby, which may or may not be in any way related to the mother. Apart from this, there is a host of other causes which are held responsible for miscarriages. These may include:
- Cervical insufficiency (weakness of the cervix)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Physical problems in the mother
- Medical problems in the mother
- Immune system responses
- Uterine abnormalities
Here are a few indicators of a miscarriage:
- Bleeding (which can vary from light to heavy bleeding)
- Abdominal pain
- Severe cramps
- Back pain
- Treatment of miscarriages normally involves three steps - a pelvic exam, an ultrasound test and blood tests to confirm whether or not it is a miscarriage.
- If the miscarriage is complete and yet the uterus is still not emptied of its contents, then it may be necessary for you to undergo a dilation and curettage operation.
- If you have gone through multiple miscarriages in the past, then the treatment will probably involve a pelvic ultrasound, a hysterosalpingogram or a hysteroscopy.
I am 53 yrs old. My periods have not yet stopped. I have been facing a lot of problems for the past 11/2 years. I went for a complete check up and there has not been any problems. The doctor advised me to wait for about six months. Is it okay or should I have to do something else. Please advise.
Hello doctor, today my cousin brother's wife's ultrasound report received. In the report some issues received. I am sharing the same with you please check and tell us, what is the issue here and how can we resolve it. Report: your BLADDER: your. Bladder is seen in filled stages No evidence of calculus or SOL. UTERUS: it is normal in shape and echotexture. No focal sol seen. Single gestational sac is seen with DIA OF 23 MM CORRESPONDING TO 6 WKS 2 DAYS _ 1 WKS NO DEFINITE CARDIAC ACTIVITY SEEN b/1 ovaries are normal in size shape. Please advise.
I am 35 year male married for last 4 years. Wife age is 27. All our tests are normal and trying to have baby still no results what should we do now.?
Do not let that round bump come in the way of lovemaking. Pregnancy often brings about substantial physical distance between couples. The mother goes through unimaginable bodily exhaustion while the father could be busy balancing things inside and outside the household; they hardly find time to reach out to one another through physical expression of love. However, an expecting couple should find ways to make love quite often as it is the best way to relieve stress and anxiety.
These five positions can be adopted for wonderful sex during pregnancy:
- Spooning can give you immense satisfaction: Spooning is the best available option if you are looking for shallow penetration. Women opt for this position especially in their third trimester when the belly is too big for any face to face action. The male has his hands free and can hence touch or stimulate you without any hindrance.
- Try going on top to relieve exertion: When the man is on top with the woman underneath, pressure could be built up on the baby bump. To avoid such a case, the woman can go on top. This way, deeper penetration is facilitated. Both partners can see each other's faces during intercourse and the female's erogenous zones can be easily accessed by the male. For extra support, a pregnant lady could lean backwards and place her hands alongside her partner's legs.
- You could be the doggy to avoid pressure: You could be the doggy by either leaning against the wall or by bending over on the sofa. This way your baby remains safe and your back is saved from stress too. Having sex in this position is specifically beneficial for those who have spine injuries.
- Lying side by side to form a pair of scissors: This position will only help the man enter you at a shallow level yet it is a beautiful way of having intercourse as both of you can see each other and cuddle or kiss constantly to convey love.
- The classic missionary pose can be redefined: The classic missionary pose can be modified to suit your needs. You could wrap your legs around your partner's waist while the two of you face each other; the male is required to kneel at the edge of the bed to adjust his thrusts properly.