Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Premalatha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
The world is getting busier with every passing day. All are running constantly from playing one role to the other, switching from one task to another. It seems like the messages or the phone calls cannot wait even for like 5 minutes. Do we feel a sense of done at the end of the day? Nah!! We always go to sleep with what to prioritize for next day and the routine continues. Holidays or vacations are no exception either, with our mobiles and devices constantly reminding us of what we should do.
However, of late, there has been a lot of emphasis on the need to relax and recharge the mind and the body. While the body is easier to manage, the mind is a more challenging issue as it is constantly ticking.
Here are some ways to help you relax, suggest you go completely blank in your mind and not do anything during this period.
- Exercise: Whether it is a vigorous workout at the gym, aerobic dancing, or lying in the pool, take a pick. While it may sound like a tiresome errand, most of these heavy workouts relax and recharge very effectively. The energy level post a good workout is to be experienced to be believed.
- Simply sit and meditate: May sound silly, but it is equally difficult to do too. Try to sit quiet with closed eyes without any movement, physical or mental, for about 5 minutes and experience the peace for yourself. When you open your eyes, you will feel rejuvenated.
- Square breathing: Like a square with 4 equal sides, this has 4 equal steps. Inhaling for x seconds, holding it for x seconds, exhaling for x seconds, and waiting out for the next x seconds. 4 or 5 is a good count to start with, but if there are health concerns, then even 2 or 3 should help relax and recharge.
- Music: Music is said to be one of the best soothing agents, create a playlist of your favorite genres and list of music. Be it instrumental or vocal, rap or reggae, classical or pop, take your pick and get lost in it completely. If you are game, even learning music can be very relaxing.
- Read a book: Another very popular technique is to take a book and get lost completely in the story and its characters. Again, pick something that you would enjoy and see you relaxed and recharged.
Each of these requires some time, the most common question is when do I do this? Tell yourself, you don't get time, you need to make time. Once you see the benefits of recharging your brain, you will make time for it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am diagnosed as PCOD. I have been getting treatment since 8 months. My periods are regular. But facial hair is problem. PCOD panel test showed all good but still Eggs were not maturing. After 2 months dose of Myocyst M twice daily, The Gyno prescribed for follicular ultrasound on D12 & report is in good limit & provided HUCOG HP 5000 injection on the same day and suggested being in contact with husband. Twice intercourse in D12 & D13, follicular ultrasound showed follicle rupture & eggs release on D14. Still my Gyno prescribed for Duphaston 10 mg tablets along with Myocyst M tabs twice daily. What is chances for my Eggs fertilization. My period date normally falls in 12th of month. May I wait till 12 of this Dec. Month. We have to still intercourse regularly or that was much to get pregnant. Pls suggest.
The symptoms caused due to herniated disc can be very severe and can also cause a bit of disability. The disc of the spine is like a cushion and separates the set of bones on the backside. The discs are shock absorbers of the spine and are mainly composed of 2 parts, a soft jelly centre called the nucleus and a tough outer covering called the annulus.
Effects of Herniated Disk
A herniated or cracked disc is a severe condition and it seems to happen most commonly in the lower back. It happens when a fraction of the soft centre gets pushed through the destabilized area due to degeneration, trauma or by putting pressure on the spinal cord.
Nerves are located precisely at the back of every disc and are responsible for controlling everything in our body. While a disc gets herniated, the external covering of the disc tears and creates a bulge. The soft jelly gets shifted from the centre of the disk to the region where the damage has occurred on the disc. Most commonly, the bulge occurs in areas where the nerve is located and it causes strain on the affected nerve. It has been observed that individuals do not feel any painful sensations even if their disc gets damaged.
When is Surgery Recommended for Herniated Disc?
Surgery for herniated disc is recommended only after options like steroid injections, pain relievers, exercise and non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs do not work. If the pain persists even after these options, then it becomes important to go for surgery. There are certain risks involved in this surgery like infection, bleeding or nerve damage.
There are chances that the disc may get ruptured again if it is not removed. If you are a patient suffering from degenerative disc disease, then there are chances that problem occurs in other discs. It is very important that a patient maintains healthy weight to prevent any further complications.
The main factor that increases the risk of herniated disc is excess body weight, which causes a lot of stress on the lower back. A few people become heir to a tendency of developing this condition. Even individuals with physically demanding jobs are prone to this condition.
Activities like bending sideways, pushing, twisting, repetitive lifting can increase the risk of a herniated disk. At times, emergency surgery is also required to avoid paralysis in a patient. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife TSH was very high (9) during her 5th week of pregnancy and she has been prescribed with Thyronorm 88 Mcg. Now after taking the pills for last one and half month, her TSH level is extremely low (0.021), whether she need to stop the medicine.
Got my periods few days ago, lasted for 2 days. A day after, I am throwing up everything that I eat or drink. It has been 2 days since I'm vomiting. Is this a sign of pregnancy? I experience quite a unbearing menstrual pain and take several painkillers too. I'm 18 years old female. What should I do?
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
Apart from external factors, internal factors such as hypothyroidism, psoriasis and type 2 diabetes can also cause dry skin.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
दूध का नाम सुनते ही कई लोगों की नाक-भौं सिकुड़ जाती है,
पर यदि उन्हें ठंडे दूध के फायदों के बारे में पता चल जाए तो वे इसे कभी पीना नहीं छोड़ेंगे। ठंडा दूध ना केवल स्वास्थ्य से भरा होता है बल्कि टेस्ट में भी काफी लाजवाब माना जाता है।
अगर गर्म दूध पीने के कई फायदे हैं तो ठंडा दूध भी कुछ कम नहीं है। ठंडा दूध पीने एसीडिटी, मोटापा, बार-बार भूख लगना आदि जैसी छोटी मोटी बीमारियां दूर हो सकती हैं।
यही नहीं अगर आप जिम से आ कर बुरी तरह से थक जाते हैं और तुरंत एनर्जी के लिये कुछ खाने के लिये ढूंढते हैं तो, आपको एक ओट्स और ठंडे दूध का कटोरा भर खा जाएं। इससे आपकी खोई हुई एनर्जी भी वापस आएगी और मसल्स को रिपेयर होने के लिये प्रोटीन भी मिल जाएगा।
आज इस पोस्ट में हम आप से ठंडे दूध पीने के फायदों के बारे में कुछ जानकारियां शेयर करेंगे, जो शायद ही आपको मालूम हो।
- मोटापा घटाए :- अगर आप बिल्कुल ठंडा दूध पियें तो शरीर को पहले उसे नॉर्मल तापमान पर लाने के लिये कैलोरी बर्न करनी पड़ेगी और फिर उसे पचाना पड़ेगा। इससे आपका मोटापा कंट्रोल में रहेगा।
- एक्टिव बनाए :- हल्का गुनगुना दूध पीने से नींद आती है क्योंकि दूध में अमीनो एसिड ट्रिप्टोफान पाया जाता है जो कि दूध गर्म होने तथा स्टार्च वाले फूड के साथ पीने से दिमाग में घुस जाता है। मगर ठंडे दूध में प्रोटीन होने की वजह से ऐसा नहीं हो पाता और इसलिये इसको दिन में कभी भी पी सकते हैं।
- एसिडिटी मिटाए :- क्या आपने कभी ठंडे दूध को एसिडिटी मिटाने के लिये पिया है? धीरे धीरे ठंडा दूध पीने से पेप्टिक अल्सर के कारण से पैदा होने वाला दर्द भी दूर हो जाता है।
- भूंख मिटाए :- खाना खाने के बाद अगर आपको बार बार भूख लगती है तो, आप ठंडा दूध पी सकते हैं। आप चाहें तो ठंडे दूध में ओट्स मिला कर भी खा सकते हैं।
- पचने में आसान :- इसमें गैस को दबाने के गुण होते हैं जो कि खाना पचाने के लिये लाभकारी है। यह फैट, घी या तेल को आराम से पचा सकता है। अगर इसमें अररक या मिर्च मिला कर पिया जाए तो ज्यादा असरदार होता है।
- भारी वर्क आउट के बाद का ड्रिंक :- जिम में भारी कसरत करने के बाद अगर कोई एनर्जी से भरी ड्रिंक पीनी है तो आप ठंडा दूध पी सकते हैं। इससे मसल्स को रिपेयर होने के लिये प्रोटीन और शरीर को एनर्जी मिलता है।
आप ठंडे दूध को स्वादिष्ट बनाने के लिये उसमें फ्लेवर भी मिक्स कर सकते हैं।
ठंडा दूध पीने से पहले एक बात का बहुत ख्याल रखें कि अगर आपको सर्दी-जुखाम है तो इसे भूल कर भी ना पियें।