Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My age 38 and I have uterus adenomyosis and three fibroid -posteroinferior wall size 1. 6 x 1. 3x1 anterior wall subserosal 2. 9x2x1. 9 posterior wall iso-echoi size 3x2. 2x2. 5 I told the doctor to remove uterus any other option ?
Hi Doctor me and my boyfriend had sex last month on date 2march during intercourse he released the sperm inside of my vagina my periods date is on 26 I took option72 medicine after 2 days of involving in sex still I didn't get periods I have done pregnancy test 4 days back results came negative but still I didn't get periods Please Doctor Suggest me what to do I am getting tense is it a signal that I am pregnant please Doctor Suggest me with medicine or anything else that how to get periods Thanks Doctor.
If Any One Loses Her Virginity. And After That She Can't Do Sex For Long Time Like 3-4 Years. She Recover Her Virginity Or Not? Or Only Surgery Is the Option.
I am a 20 years old women .I had pcos and I took treatment for it ,doctor prescribed me krimson 35 and at the end of the cycle I had unprotected sex and it ended up in pregnancy and later we decided to abort it and so we took tablets for it. Then report came to be Complete abortion. But,after few weeks my periods became irregular and so the doctor prescribed me krimson 35 again and at the end of the cycle I had unprotected sex but we used pull-out method to avoid pregnancy and I had my regular period before 7 days but from the fifth day of my last menstrual I am having brown discharge and vaginal bleeding accompanied by lower abdominal pain. When we had pregnancy test ,it shows negative but I personally need to know what could be the cause of this discharge and bleeding with pain. Is it a pregnancy symptom.
My menses are irregular, I heard that thyroid causes irregular menses, and I grown up 3 kgs weight for a month, is it true that I need to check for thyroid test? Does thyroid is permanent in the body? I was scaring , please suggest me.
I have sex with cnndom, no break condom during sex, so how many percentage getting pregnency? please reply
Female 41 years is this true that we should not eay pulses ay night and after how muc h time we should go for walk after having dinner and can we eat fruit after a walk.
swelling in her vagina and pain in her stomach .blooding at large .periods wer ove bt still blooding .she had sex on 9 th oct and periods start on 10th oct .what she have to do.
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!