Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
My daughter in law is in start of 3rd month pregnancy, This is her first kid, Kindly suggest me foods for her health.
More ever tobacco, cancer now has a new partner called edc or endocrine disrupting chemicals including male reproductive problems, early female puberty, cancers and neuro behavioural disorders. Edcs are mainly man made and found in pesticides metals additives or contaminants in food and personal care products. Human exposure to edcs occur via ingestion of food dust and water inhalation of gases and particles in the air and through the skin. Edcs can also be transferred from pregnant woman to a foetus or a child through the placenta and breast milk
I am 23 years old and have high prolactin level for a year and a half which goes above 50. I have to take vrainstar 0.25 mg daily to control it. Otherwise I dont get periods. Is there any other solution?
I had normal delivery four months ago. I had my first period post that in 1st week of December and now in 1.5 month, I am having it for the third time. Is this normal or do I need some medication.
Hi , Meri umar running 30 years. Meri period bauht dinse aa nhi rahi (last five years) maine Dr. Kiya lekin Dr. Medicine jab tak leti hoon tab tak to period month to month ati lekin uske bad vahi problem start hoti hai. Kya mujhe PCOD problems ho sakte hai. Mera thyroid abhi normal hai medicine chalu hai. please help me me mera weight se pershan hai. Ghar par problem bolti hoon to not understand any one. please help me.
Drinking warm water early morning and at bed time is very necessary to keep your gut healthy and toxin free.
My wife is 26 weeks pregnant and her emotional level becomes higher day to day and because of this she uses to cry several times. How can we overcome against this situation.
Know how Laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery is performed
So visit your dentist before you plan for pregnancy
Practise good oral hygeine during pregnancy
Do not take any medicine without consulting your doctor
Take a balance and nutritional diet
And visit dentist every six months
Wisih you a happy motherhood.
My wife has got a tooth bite around her left nipple while feeding her 10 month son. Due to this she has pain around nipple & some reddishness over there. Milk creation is still goes on but unable to feed due to pain. She is applying Nipcare ointment over that part but only little improvement over there. My question is should we see a Doctor or there are medicines available apart from Nipcare which can cure her fastly so that she can feed her son. One more question that milk creation in her right brest is less than left breast where the current problem persists. Its been for more than 5 yrs when her first son born. Pls advise the best one as the earliest. Thanking you.
When a person is aroused there are a host of hormonal changes within the person's body. These changes do manifest on the surface in the form of certain physical variations. Sexual stimulation happens to alter the state of human genitalia and that too in obvious ways. The blood flow to the concerned area increases, there is enough of natural lubrication in and around the organ and for women, the vagina loosens up and the clitoris swells. Intercourse followed by a climactic release will make the clitoris regain its original size. However, worries crop up when that is not the case with every single female. This serious medical condition of a swollen clitoris should never be overlooked; it must be treated by seeking experienced medical assistance.
- Trauma: Any slight scratch or one wrong touch can cause a swollen clitoris. Even a scratch of your fingernail while you are masturbating or a rough sexual intercourse can and is enough to create trauma in your clitoris.
- Hair: Hair grows normally around your genital area. It is very common for a woman to have pubic hair. But sometimes small hair splinters lead to trouble and hair gets stuck into your clitoris and causes swelling. This is a very annoying process, sometimes you may have to use a magnifying glass to remove the hair from your clitoris.
- Clothing: Sometimes your tight clothes can result in a swollen clitoris. The friction from your rough clothing material can cause your clitoris to swell. Sometimes you may be using a detergent that is not suitable for you or you may be wearing a dress material, which you're allergic to. You should always wash your clothes in plain water and dry it before using.
- Infection: You may also have some bacterial and fungal infection in your clitoris, which can cause a swollen clitoris. This infection can also invite itchiness and redness and these can make it even worse. If it doesn't subside within some days then you should definitely see a doctor.
- Cysts: Small cysts known as Bartholomew's cysts can grow on the clitoris. This thing hampers the natural lubrication of the body. If you are having clitoris swelling because of cysts then you should seek medical attention immediately.
Your clitoris is naturally sensitive and if you are having a swollen clitoris after intercourse then you should pull back from sexual intercourse for a few days. At times the swelling goes away on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.