Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema ThiraviarajYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! My age is 32. Weight 60kg. I am trying from past 2 years but no luck. I always have a 28 days cycle. My Amh is low >0.30. I have been told for IVF with donor egg. I have finally made up my mind for it. Please let me know what all I should keep in mind before going for it. My Hysteroscopy is already done 2 months before which had a small polyp which is removed. I wanted to know is this process very painful or do I have to be on lot of drugs can I resume my normal activities. If I have a donor will the child be like me or completely like the donor. Kindly reply Thanks.
Sweet potatoes come laden with many benefits. For 11 of the many fantastic reasons listed below, they are indeed dietary powerhouse!
1. Rich Source of Antioxidants: There are plenty of antioxidants in sweet potatoes like anthocyanin and beta carotene that have anti-inflammatory properties. This also helps in keeping ailments like asthma, gout and arthritis at bay.
2. Loaded with Manganese: Sweet potatoes contain reasonable amount of manganese, a vital mineral, which keeps body’s energy levels high. This mineral enables easy absorption of other nutrients and strengthens bones.
3. Contains Quercetin: Quercetin, an important dietary nutrient, is present in sweet potato that helps in lowering bad cholesterol and in reducing inflammation. This nutrient is also a natural antihistamine for combating even chronic allergies.
4. Controls Blood Sugar: Despite the presence of carbohydrates, sweet potatoes effectively control blood sugar by modifying insulin metabolism.
5. Healthy for Heart: Sweet potatoes come loaded with Vitamin B6 and potassium that are beneficial for heart. While Potassium helps in regulating blood pressure & curing muscular cramps and injuries, Vitamin B6 breaks down homocysteine that is known to harden the arteries.
6. Enriched with Vitamin C: Sweet potatoes have high content of vitamin C and capable of meeting as much as 40 percent of its daily requirement. This keeps skin and joints healthy.
7. Laden with Vitamin D: Vitamin D in sweet potato keeps immune system healthy and boosts energy levels.
8. Aids Digestion: Sweet potatoes, especially with skin, have good amount of fiber that helps in healing digestion and relieving constipation.
9. High in Folate: Sweet potatoes can be safely consumed by pregnant women for high content of folate in it. A good dose of folate helps in development of fetal tissue and cells.
10. Holds Anti-Inflammatory Nutrients: Presence of color-related pigments make sweet potato anti-inflammatory agent. Sweet potato phytonutrients diminish inflammation and associated problems.
11. Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal: Presence of resin glycosides in sweet potatoes makes this tuber an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 24 years girl. I had my sex during 3rd day of my period on 28th nov and after that I take ipill with in 3hrs my period stop totally nd 2days later some brown color blood came nd dn der was no sign of period anymore. Its almost 1mnth I m not having my period till date. I did pregnancy test through pregnancy kit called prega news nd its shows negative result. So can you help me wats d problem going on? Why I m not having my period? please explain me in detail.
Hi, I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is extremely obsessed about girls, and the breasts. Its not that its hampering our relationship or our sex life. Whenever we go for an outing, his full attention is on the girls roaming around. Could you please advise me how could I help my husband get out of this. Thanks.
I got my periods on 4th jan 2016. N I hve sex wit my bf on 12th same month. But he use condom. So on 29th same month I started my periods. Y whats the reason? please help m so tense.
What can I do to ease my digestive issues during pregnancy?
What happens when you carry a baby in your womb that weighs a couple of kilos? well, it presses upon your digestive tract and makes digestion an issue for you. However, the baby’s weight is not the only factor that matters here. The massive amount of hormonal changes that your body undergoes also adds greatly to the issue.
Digestive problems are not grave during pregnancy. Instead, they are fairly common everywhere. There are many simple steps that can aid you in easing your digestive process when you are pregnant.
1. Sit up straight:
Since the bulging baby is putting on immense weight on your stomach, you need to sit up straight when eating in order to ease the pressure. Moreover, avoid lying down for at least an hour after having your meal.
2. Wind up the meal size:
Along with winding up the meal size, make sure that you increase its frequency, or else your baby will have to starve.
Instead of having three large meals in a day, try dividing them down to five small meals in 24 hours. Small and frequent meals will keep you from bloating and prevent indigestion issues.
Although pregnancy calls for no vigorous activity, it also does not require becoming stationary all at once. When pregnant, you need to carry out 30 minutes of light workout daily, such as walking or riding a stationary cycle. Exercise stimulates adrenaline that in turn promotes bowel movements for a better digestion.
4. Limit caffeine intake:
Caffeine is not going to help with your digestive issues, especially if you are carrying a life in your womb. Hence, try to avoid it, particularly during the night hours.
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some antacids that you can consume on a daily basis. Antacids help a lot with indigestion issues.
6. Don’t bend over your waist:
When pregnant, your waist is the part of your body that is suffering the most pressure. Hence, you would want to bother that part of your body at the least. Avoid bending over your waist. If required, do it at your knees.
7. Eat healthy:
Stuffing your stomach with unnecessary carbohydrates will only make it worse for you. Hence, for a healthy baby as well as a healthy digestive system, resort more to healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Fibre in your diet will help you mobilize your gut for an easy digestion.
My periods are delayed . I m not able to conceive . I had a miscarriage last year . But now i m very stressed whether i ll able to conceive or not. Please suggest me that should i do for conceiving ?
If I had sex without condom and then it's possible to have baby of I had sex at least 3 time but it doesn't happen so may I know what should be the reason for this same activity.
Can pregnant woman have mango? It is a general conception that eating mangoes raise the body temperature and it is not good for the little one. My wife is in her 3rd month and I would like to know if eating mango is safe for her.
Meri beti (16 years) kisi bhi time fridge me se ice cubes nikal kr khati rhti h isse usse koi side effect to nhi hoga?
I had sex on 1st april with condom and then I gave her unwanted-72 and then she got nausea and body pain. After that I had sex on 4th april with condom. Now on 8th april she is bleeding for some time. I want to know whether she is pregnant or not. She has her periods on 19th march and she is irregular in her periods. Tell me.
I am 7+ weeks pregnant. My weight is 80 KGS. Please suggest some diet chart so that I can maintain proper weight for my baby.
I am in the 10 week of pregnancy, I felt sudden pain in my lower abdomen, vaginal area and felt I want to urinate frequently, infact went for around 3 times in an hour, I visited my care giver, she mentioned it as a symptom of urine infection and has given ziffi 200 is it the right diagnosis, she has asked me to take plenty of fluids, at the moment i am taking duphston and a ll9 both medicines.
Once I get my periods. Bp level goes down. Vomiting.uneasy ness gets fever. Shivering.stomach. But can manage. Please help. Periods r regular. Also loose motion starts. Also I am getting problem in gaining weight. My age 27. BUT don't look like 27.
Hello doctor said that my ovaries have follicles n I have little pain in my lower abdominal region so she gave me progesterone tablets to have my periods but after taking pills no periods and I have hypothyroidism. Expecting answer thanks.
Hello doctor. I am married.I have irregular period I cant count day properly so problem in conceiving.
I am 22 years old, I wanted to know about control pills and process and ways. Is it like it affects for 3 years. I do not want to get pregnant for three years so what's the solution for this could you please tell me. Please reply me urgently.
In recent sonography report I found to have cysts in ovaries about 2-5mms in diameter and my tsh level is also increased can it be cured?
As the New Year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins C and E which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin E and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in Plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling Alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.