Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prema Latha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema LathaYour feedback matters!
I have just married and want no child for 2 years. My wife have suffering from thyroid problem. My age is 30 and wife age is 28 yr. Kindly suggest me any medication that is safe at both side. Is mala di is safe for that. Kindly suggest me there dose.
I am 23 female married I had done my hormones test Dr. suggest me n mine reports is follicle stimulating hormone is 5.21 n rubella lgG antibodies is 11.1 and AMH is 4.93. Are they normal or any infection?
I got married this year. My age 18 years old, during first time of intercourse I have no bleeding. Is it common? & did any bothering my pregnancy or not. Thnk you.
I am 20 yrs. Old and I am late in periods by 4 days my final exams are going on. I did never had any sex and this problem of late periods last happened in month of July my length of menstrual cycle is 33 days please tell me the reason of late in periods as it worries me a lot.
Im 35 weeks pregnant. My hb is 10. Is it normal. Wat shd I do to improve it. Can I take powerscorb iron tabs twice a day. Even I want under 3 hb injections too.
Painful Periods +3 Hey I am 22 years old I had sex on 21 st april with protection but the condom got torn and it was fourth day of my periods still preferred to take ipill I did not got my chums yet in month of may last month it came on 18 april I did urine pregnancy test on 27 th may it came negative had sex on saturday again with protection again condom got torn Unfortunately I had to consume ipill again because I dint had any option I consumed it on saturday n sunday morning I started bleeding n it covered 1/4 of my first pad n then since afternoon there was no blood flow bt small blood clots used to flow out while urinating since yesterday night I changed my pad there is no blood stain and even I am having severe lower abdominal cramps n pain Is it my periods pr something else please help.
I'vehad PCOD for almost a year now. I've been taking medication also have been working out but I'm unable to loose weight. Regardless of what I do. Plus, I've been having a lot of hair fall too. What do I do?
I need some other information also, I have dry cough last 15 days and slight sore throat, throat infection, and slight burning skin some parts of body, arm, leg, hand, and slight eye also burning, slight headache so sir I would like to know that are these symptoms which STD belongs?
My wife is 16 weeks pregnant. She can notice white milky discharge since week or a so. Is this normal? The discharge is profuse after intercourse. Is it advisable to have sex after 1st trimester?
Which test should I undergo to find out whether I am suffering from pcod. My periods are regular but have excess hair on chin which is one of the symptoms of pcod so wanted to know which test should I undergo. What r the natural ways to overcome pcod.
I have 26 years female. Regularly I have exact dates monthly menstrual periods. After this periods I faced vaginal bleeding white vaginal discharge. While this white vaginal discharge time if we done intercourse, Is it possible to conceive pregnancy ? Or not ?
Dear sir /mam Meri wife 23 years ki he wo 8 month pregnant he uaki vegina se white sa liquid niklta he Or agar me without condom relation banata hu to mere panis me chale pad jate he 1st month pregnancy se hi yahi problem he Kya koi bata sakta he ki usko koi desease to nahi he.
I was detected with pcod 2 years back .I felt that my weight is gaining so I started gaining and dieting ,the progress is reduced slightly .is I have to do gyming and dieting throughout the life .my weight is now 49 kg and height is 147 cm is my weight is ohkk or I have to decrease and upto what kgs I have to decrease. Plzz tell me and I am a mbbs student so I don't get enough time so is discontinuing gym lead to weight gain.
Adrenal gland is an endocrinal gland located above the kidney which produces hormones that regulate blood sugar, stress and sexual functions. Any problems in the pituitary gland can affect the adrenal gland as the pituitary gland regulates all the endocrine glands.
Here are the different types of adrenal gland disorders
- Cushing's disease - This disorder occurs when the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a hormone that adrenal glands produce when a body is exposed to stress. The causes of this disease are intake of steroids and tumors present in the pituitary gland. The symptoms are rise in blood pressure, weakness in the muscles and weak bones.
- Adrenal cancer - Presence of cancerous cells in the adrenal cortex leads to adrenal cancer. The symptoms of this disorder are stomach cramps, blood pressure problems and irregular menstrual cycle.
- Addison's disease - This disease occurs when the adrenal glands produce less cortisol. This disorder is linked with the immune system as the adrenal glands are attacked by it during this disorder. The symptoms of this disorder are nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and muscle pain.
- Pheochromocytomas - These are tumors that develop in the adrenal gland which causes excessive production of a hormone called catecholamines. These hormones help in regulating blood pressure. The primary causes of this disorder are genetic factors. Common symptoms of this disorder are headaches, shortness of breath and sweating.
- Conn's syndrome - This disorder occurs when the hormone aldosterone is produced in excess by the adrenal glands. The symptoms of this disorder are feeling excessively thirsty, muscle weakness and high blood pressure.