Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PremaYour feedback matters!
Hi I got periods and this time bleeding was black in color. Is there any problem? Do I need to have a checkup? Please suggest. Thanks & regards.
It's been 5months that I lost my virginity. But I haven't orgasmed yet. Sometimes it gets painful. Why is it happening with me?
I am working girl and I can't give more time to my health, so please give me some suggestions to take care my health in proper way?
I am 21/F and have a problem of irregular menstruation since i was 15. How much ever i workout my weight keeps on increasing and i weigh 100kgs right now! currently, on my gyno's advice, i am on OCP- ovral g, i get my periods with it but as soon as i leave it, to test any improvements, i again stop getting my periods! my weight and my periods are a huge issue for me now. Pls help!
I am 26 years. I got molar pregnancy previously around one year back. Before that 2 years back torch-rubella I got, after which cysts are there. So 2 times lost pregnancy-aborted. Now trying for more than 3 months. Pregnancy is not happening. Now doctor suggested ovaries-sr for me and MAXOZ for my husband. We used for one month and tried for pregnancy still it didn’t happened. Doctor suggested for this month FOLLICULAR STUDY on 11,13,15 days (22,24,26 sep) of cycle. Is it compulsory that I should try for pregnancy on these days if eggs are there? My husband on office work needs to be out of station for 13th and 14th day and will be back on 15th morning. My husbands parents are telling that on these days we should try for pregnancy. My husband is telling that doctor may be just checking ovulation/egg release and may need not to try for pregnancy on these days compulsorily….We are stressed what to do? Husband is telling it’s just checking only for egg release? Unable to ask local doctor also personally as doctor is out of station. PLEASE SUGGEST US WHAT TO DO IS IT ONLY FOR CHECKING OR WE SHOULD COMPULSORILY TRY FOR PREGNANCY ON THESE DAYS OR NEXT MONTH WE CAN TRY?
Hi,. We got married 5 years ago. No kids yet. I am suffering from pcos. I am on metformin, folic acid, ovubless, ecosprin. I got aborted in the month of September 2015. Doctor removed it stating that there is no heartbeat found. And from the past four cycles I am on siphene 150mg but there is no positive result. This cycle also I took siphene 150 mg and the egg grown 20mm and I took hcg shot. Now I am in day 25 of my cycle. In my previous cycles I experienced sore breast before cycle but this month I don't have any such, is it. Sign of pregnancy? Or does it mean something else? Also suggest me something that improves the chances of conception.
I am a lactating mother. I had cesarean delivery 7 months ago. I have pain in my lower abdomen and vomiting sensation. What does it mean.
Hi. During my periods I only bleed for 2 days its been from 9 months after my marriage. Before I use to have 3-4 days but now it is 2 days. Flow is not good as well as I only ise 3 sanitary napkin nd thats all. Kindly help.
I having sex on daily basis only avoid when my wife is on period. Is it ok or I have to avoid sex on daily basis. My wife also enjoy the same.
Hello sir, Please can you help how to use female condoms into my virgin. How to put inside? Can you people show me how to use.
Is there anal sex is safe? We both enjoy to do it It should be done with condom? Should I use coconut oil?
Iam 28years old female. I have very regular periods evry mnth. But this month within 14 days again I got period. Now its tenth day iam bleeding still. But very lite. I mean till 5th day it bleed, then it stopped. Now today I have bleed again very lite. Pls tell me why it is happening. This is the first time it happened like this.
I am unable to do EVS test because of small vaginal opening. Is it the main cause of my failure to become pregnant because of small vaginal opening.Is it difficult to enter the sperms to their destination because of small opening
Self-awareness (sometimes also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) about understands your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and everything else that makes you tick. The more you know about yourself, the better you are at adapting life changes that suit your needs.
Why does self-awareness matter?
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to daniel goleman. The ability to monitor our emotions and thoughts from moment to moment is key to understanding ourselves better, being at peace with who we are and proactively managing our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness:
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.