Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PremaYour feedback matters!
During my period days, I have abdominal cramps. It's so serious that I have gone unconscious two times. Need help.
What are the steps to follow to get the normal delivery and healthy baby during 8th month pregnancy?
PCOD (Polycystic Ovary Disorder) is an issue in which a woman’s hormones are out of control. It can bring about issues with your periods and make it hard to get pregnant. PCOD or PCOS additionally may bring about undesirable changes in the way you look. In case that it is not dealt with, after some time it can cause serious medical issues, for example, diabetes and heart diseases. In PCOD, the hormones change rapidly.
The reason for PCOD is not completely seen, but rather hereditary qualities might be a reason. PCOD appears to keep running in families, so your possibility of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have diabetes. PCOD can be passed down from either of your families’ side.
The most widely recognized clinical features are:
- Skin inflammation.
- Weight gain and problem getting thinner.
- Additional hair on the face and body. Frequently women get thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the abdomen, stomach, and back.
- Diminishing hair on the scalp.
- Unpredictable periods. Frequently women with PCOD have less than nine periods a year. A few women have no periods. Others go through extreme bleeding.
- Infertility issues. Many women who have PCOD experience difficulty getting pregnant.
Some of the most effective and long-term treatments include:
- Normal work out and weight control are the key medicines for PCOD. Treatment can lessen uncontrollable symptoms and stop the long-term medical issues that come along with it.
- Try to fit in moderate movements and additionally outdoor activities regularly. Taking a walk is a great exercise that a great many people can do.
- Eating healthy foods is very important. This includes heaps of vegetables, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high in soaked fat, for example, meats and cheeses.
- Most women who have PCOD can benefit by shedding pounds. This can mean losing the hormones that are uncontrollable and having regular periods.
- In case that you smoke, consider stopping. Women who smoke have higher androgen levels that may add to PCOD symptoms.
- Your specialist may recommend anti-conception medication pills to decrease side effects and help you have consistent menstrual cycles or infertility medication in the case that you are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant.
- Aerobic exercises, jogging, walking for 1 hr. daily to be added.
It is important to consult a specialist for the follow-up to ensure that treatment is working and to change it if necessary. You may likewise require normal tests to check for diabetes, hypertension, and other conceivable issues. It might take a while for medicines to help with the symptoms, for example, facial hair or skin break out. You can use over-the-counter or physician endorsed pharmaceuticals for skin break out.
Madam meri wife ka left breast bahut bada ho gaya hai jabki right breast jaise ka taisa hai because unka right breast mujh per tej dab gaya tha aur usse blood discharge bhi hua tha but maine unka ultrasound karbaya to usme sab normal aaya sir ?
Sir what is the best procedure to avoid pregnancy I and my wife got first baby with scissoring and baby is now 45 day old we want to have 5 years gap or even may be permanent solution without any surgery please suggest thanks.
Actually today I was in date with my girlfriend and we were kissing each other and then suddenly my says me that from your mouth had smell is coming.
Hello, I am not getting period, its 20 days late, I have done prega test but it was negative. How I sure I am not pregnant.
My wife is no interest in sex at any time .I asked her what is the problem but she say no problem .so what I do.
Hello doc. Am 7 week pregnant. While urinating I can see white discharge with that little red spot. Can seen. Doc scanned on 6 the week can find single IU G-sac nd corpus luteum function. please suggest me. Doc is this normal.
Hi I am trying to conceived. My last period was 8th Jan 2017 did a blood test came out negative. Consult a doctor suggest that is unlikely pregnant.
M 23 yrs. I have first cycle of clomid .my last period was on Feb 24th. have slight PCOS. I have taken beta HCG .my HCG levels are 2.i have one doubt HCG levels are present in pregnant ladies. I have 2 but I'm feeling pregnancy symptoms. S.
I just entered into my 5th month of pregnancy and I'm feeling little heavy in my stomach. Is this normal? besides there is little itching on my stomach.
My eggs was rupture yesterday morning we tried a lot bt my husband was nt satisfied nor he has ejaculated can we try today is there any possibility to conceive or we should try next month?
Can taking azithromycin every month or so be harmful or anything? Because I've been having different types of inflammations and doctors describing it to me all the time.
Hi respected doctor, my wife is pregnant.. She is in her 6th month of pregnancy.. please tell me what should she eat or avoid for healthy n fair baby. Thwnx.
I had unprotected sex with a girl before 10 days. Of her menses, after unprotected sex with in 10 min she had ipill. On 17th may we had sex, her menstrual cycle was on 27th may. Upto now she didn't get her menses, what shall we do? Will she get pregnant?
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.