Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prem Latha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prem LathaYour feedback matters!
I'm a 26 year old female married 4 months ago. Before marriage I don't have irregular periods. But this month I didn't get my period and I did a upt test which provided a negative result. Then I did ultrasound scan and my report says that both ovaries are enlarged and show multiple peripherally placed small sized follicles with central echogenic stroma (string of pearls sign. And my ovaries size are right ovary 4.0*2.1*2.1 cm volume 9.9 cc and my left ovary 4.5*2.6*2.1 cms volume 13. 2 cc whether its a serious issue.
My wife age is 36 years and having vaginal infection problem. When met with condom also she is suffering from this problem. We met major hospital in HYDERABAD city but we get temporarily relive not preeminent solution. Please help us.
hello doctor i got married a year before, but my wife is not conciving, i am worried about my reproductive health. i have infections in my penis several times, can this effect my reproductive health, moreover semen now a days is very liquid,and sometimes it contains some white solid substance, i am very worried, please help me.
Hi I got an infection like something like flesh comes out of vagina and it becomes swelling please say this for what and why it came.
A full cup of coconut water in the morning harmonizes electrolytes whose irregularity can at times be the foundation for hypertension.
Coconut water invigorates the generation of thyroid hormones.
Moreover, it is a natural diuretic, so it is extremely beneficial in cases of kidney disorders.
Similarly, it helps the urinary tract and bladder channels leaving them clean and infection-free; it dispenses with poisons from the body and lessens issues brought on by kidney stones.
Moreover, coconut water helps you strengthen your immune system. It destroys the microbes that cause urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, gum disease and the infections that cause flu, infectious illnesses and typhoid.
Coconut water contains increased levels of fiber, so it enhances absorption too. Its regular consumption alleviates issues brought about by stomach acid.
You can consume coconut water in vast amounts, since it contains almost no fat. Moreover, it keeps you feel full and diminishes appetite, so it helps you to get thin and keep up a good body shape.
Drinking coconut water can offer an awesome support of vitality for the individuals who experience the ill effects of chronic fatigue. The prescribed measurement is 40 to 50 ml taken every day.
One full cup of coconut water every day will likewise be adequate for moisturizing your skin and keeping it shinny for the duration of the day.
The consumption of coconut water after strenuous physical exercises is very effective as well. It’s invigorating and as immaculate as the common spring water.
If you experience acne issues or have a combined dry-oily skin, you can drench a cotton ball in coconut water, and apply it to the skin. It scrubs and stimulates the skin, and it doesn’t close the pores, unlike many others creams and products.
It can also help you purify your body: when blended with olive oil, the coconut water evacuates intestinal parasites.
Coconut water can be a significant help to commonly solve some wellbeing issues amid pregnancy as well.
Next time you have a headache or a hangover after a party, use this wonderful water which will help you dispose of the headache. By drinking coconut water you likewise remunerate the lost fluids and defeat the sickness that is oftentimes connected with a hangover.
Hi Doctor, actually I'm in leaving relationship earlier we had protected sex still I took I pill and got my periods also but my second cycle has delayed for a week, now if I hav unprotected sex with my bf what is medicine I need to take to prevent pregnancy apart from ipill, I no condom is the best way to prevent, but in least cases what is the alternative and medicine to take in order to prevent the pregnancy. Kindly suggest.
It is a wonderful feeling when you find out that you are pregnant. You feel ecstatic about being pregnant and end up deciding names for your soon-to-arrive child/children. It is good news for you, your partner and your entire family. Your family will end up giving you tips about your pregnancy and how to take care of yourself and your baby. Along with their tips, here are a few other things you should know during pregnancies:
1. Medicine for headaches is harmful: If you are taking medicines for headaches during your pregnancy, you are risking a miscarriage. The risk of having a miscarriage might increase to 2.4 times if you are taking medicines belonging to the category of non aspirin non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs can also cause congenital defects if you take them during your pregnancy. The only safe way to get rid of headaches during this time is by relaxing and you might consider having an acetaminophen as a pain reliever.
2. Stay calm and cool: This is very important as your temperament is going to affect the baby directly. If you are anxious or unhappy, your baby will also be the same. If you have too much of negative feelings while you are pregnant, it will also affect the temperament of your baby, as in your womb, they will be preparing to come out to a very negative world as they keep growing in an acidic and a more toxic environment. Hence it is extremely important to be happy, cheerful, and calm.
3. Exercise is beneficial: Contrary to popular belief, you just do not need to lie down or sit throughout the day to have a healthy baby. In fact, you need to be active and you need to move around and exercise. You need to move your muscles so that they do not become stiff. In fact, mothers who regularly practiced aerobic exercises had babies with healthier hearts than those who didn't do any type of exercise. But you should always take your doctor's advice on which exercise to do and which ones you should avoid.
4. Eat well: The more you eat, the less will be the chances of your baby suffering from obesity. But that absolutely doesn't mean fatty foods; as that will make your baby prone to suffering from obesity. Eat healthy, less fattening foods to have a healthy baby. Even if you get overweight by eating healthy food during your pregnancy, do not fret. Your baby will still be healthy and have less chances of suffering from obesity.
A kidney stone is like a small rock that forms in the kidney. Stones form when certain chemicals in the body clump together. A stone can either stay in the kidney or travel through the urinary system by passing though the urine and not causing any harm.
What are the symptoms?
Very small stones might pass through the urinary system without causing much pain. Larger stones can block the flow of urine if they get stuck in the ureters or urethra. Kidney stones do not usually cause any symptoms until they start to pass. Some symptoms might include:
Extreme pain in your back or side that will not go away
Blood in your urine
Fever and chills
Who are at risk ?
Anyone can have a kidney stone, but it may be more likely if you:
Are male and are overweight
Have had kidney infections
Have a family member with kidney stones
Have had kidney stones before
Do not drink enough liquids
Have certain medicines which can cause kidney stones
How are kidney stones treated?
Treatment depends on the location and size of the kidney stone. Drinking plenty of water and taking some medicines can help a small stone to pass more easily. For problem stones, there may be a few options:
Ureteroscopic Stone Removal uses a small tool to get and remove stones stuck in the ureters.
Depending on the location of the kidney stone and many other factors the doctor decides on the most suitable procedure.
How can I prevent kidney stones?
If you have had kidney stones before, you are more likely to have kidney stones again. To help keep stones from forming, try to:
Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water each day
Eat less salt (sodium), meat and eggs
Find out what type of stone you have
Ask your doctor for a urine test
Talk to your doctor about your medicines and other tests for kidney stones
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.