Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prem LathaYour feedback matters!
Cumin seed is a culinary herb that is local in Asia and is particularly used in India on daily basis. Cumin seeds are otherwise called jeera, caraway and kummel. It is a product of the cumin herb, however, it transforms into a seed only once it has dried. Cumin is an esteemed spice as it has numerous health advantages, usually for digestive conditions like colic, dyspepsia and flatulence. Nevertheless, consuming cumin seeds can have numerous side effects as well; so consult your specialist before you use it for medicinal purposes, as it can cause certain side effects as well, such as acidity or heartburn. Cumin seeds are known for their gas easing properties, yet it can bring about one of the most widely recognized digestive issue that is heartburn. It tends to facilitate the escape of more gas into your gastrointestinal tract. Liver damage: oil present in the cumin seeds is very unstable and can bring about liver and kidney damage, in case one consumes cumin seed in huge quantities for a long stretch of time. Cumin oil is used for animals to prevent or reduce muscle fits and spasms. Burping: the carminative impact of cumin seed may bring about excessive burping. Also, burping is sometimes referred as a ructus or belching, which includes too much bloating. Gas from the intestinal tract and stomach is released through the mouth. At times, burping has an awful smell and a trademark sound. Abortifacient effects: cumin seeds may also affect pregnant ladies. Consuming a lot of cumin seeds can prompt an unnatural birth cycle or instigate untimely or premature labor. Low blood sugar level: consuming cumin seeds in large quantities can bring down the glucose level in the body. One must remember this in case you are setting out towards a surgery in the near future. During surgery, it is crucial to keep up the glucose level. Narcotic effects: cumin seed has opiate properties. They need to be consumed with precaution, as they can be addictive. Opposite reactions of cumin seeds are mental blurring, sleepiness and nausea. Heavy menstrual cycle: cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle. In the event of cumin seeds being consumed in large amounts, you may experience heavier periods. Causes allergy: utilization of cumin seeds can bring about skin rashes and sensitivity. So individuals with skin sensitivity need to consume less cumin seeds to improve the condition. Not good for diabetics: diabetic patients need to control their glucose level. They must maintain regular glucose levels to stay sound. Fluctuating glucose levels are a strict no for most diabetics. As mentioned recently, cumin seeds may diminish your glucose level rapidly.
Every month before or during menstrual cycle I am suffering from headache nd vomiting. How can I get rid of this? Why it is happening to me?
Had intense itching on vagina and nearby area from some days, from last 2 days have swelling on same places leading to problem in moving and sitting, and in the 5th month of the pregnancy. Kindly provide some suggestion and information abt this issue. Thank you.
I had mtp in 20 days of pregnancy after that my bleeding was not stopping till 1 month I bleed for which I took trenaxa now my bleeding is stopped but there is some brown color fluid coming out means 1-3 drops in a day and sometimes I feel mild stomachache .My ultrasound and CBC report is normal Which I have earlier shown to my doctor .Can you please help me out with this I am scared of if it is associated with cancer and why it's not stopping. If it could be an infectious condition please tell me some medicine.
My lmp is 28 feb .in march I have missed period. 8 march I use pregnancy test kit it show negative. 10 march I meet gynecologist they again repeat pregnancy test and it show negative. And ultrasound report is normal. No pregnancy. I say doc to give me medicine she say wait 2 month then she give me medicine. because medicine disbalance my hormone. Give me home remedies to start my period and tell me what is the reason. Now I am feeling dizziness.
Can you tell me medicine to delay my periods for 2-3 days but without any side effects. And from when I should take it. Period cycle is 29-30 days. Patient is a mother and younger baby is 1 year old.
I am taking obimet sr 500 mg twice a day for pcos along livogen z and fol 5.the doctor has advised me to take susten 300 mg on the 21st to 25th day after my periods. I didn't got my periods its all 7 days happened still no results of periods yet. What to expect? Pregnancy.
Im 18 years old n my periods started very early when I was 12 years old. My height is 150 cm n I want increase my height. I did gyming for 1 years to increase my height (no weight training) bt it was ineffective! Are there any chances? If yes what can I do for it?
Hi, I use to have back pain like 10 days before the starting of the menstrual cycle. Also, there would be mild spotting before 10 or 12 days of the menstrual cycle itself along with the pain. Can you please suggest why this happens and the resolution for this? Thanks.
I have thyroid and pcod problem. Im having period problem. The periods will start it February still now the flowing is not stop. I'm consult homeopathy doctor and he give some medicine but still now my problem is not cure. What can I do and stop the periods?
What is the age I will have interest on sex and have orgasm. And when to have sex in a day. Or is it right to have sex during periods. How to treat with my husband while he wants sex.
Is there any chance of pregnancy after a short period of two days n very scanty flow for next two days.
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 17 days ago. Now we are worried as she missed her periods by 2-3 days. She didn't take any kind of contraceptives. Need help?
Pregnancy loss could be devastating. Not only does it affect a woman mentally, but it also often takes a huge toll on her confidence. Post miscarriage trauma is a common phenomenon in this case. The range of emotion a woman might go through include denial, guilt, anger, depression, envy and yearning. Although the process of grieving takes a lot of time, the first step towards post miscarriage trauma is to accept the inevitable and move on.
Here is a list of tips that will greatly help a woman to cope up with the loss:
- Take time: While listening to friends and family seems to be the best course of action around this time, your loved ones need not get priorities at this time. If you believe that clearing your baby’s belongings is causing pain to you, take the time to prepare yourself. Clear away the stuff only when you are emotionally ready to do so.
- Create memories: While a lot of people suggest to completely get rid of all the memories that are attached to the baby, it may not be a great thing to do. Studies have shown that creating a memory about your loss helps to heal faster. So go ahead and take a picture with your baby, plant a tree, take a footprint or christen the baby. Good memories attached to your baby will not haunt you about the loss.
- Take care: Do not neglect your personal health and well-being. Eat well, take enough rest, quit smoking and drinking and seek pleasure in your loved one's company. The more you embrace life, better are your chances to get back to the grooves. Following an old hobby or working out one hour per day goes a long way in the process of healing.
- Get your partner’s help: Being open about your emotions is a good thing to do. Express your feelings about the baby to your partner. The process of coping up can be entirely different from each other. What matters is to let each other’s feelings known. Your partner’s broad shoulder is your best bet to come out of your loss.
- Set the expectations right: Women often get cranky and irritated after a miscarriage. Speak to your loved ones and let them know about your feelings. This will help you to get your loved ones support you and let you heal quickly from your loss.
- Support group: It is very comforting to share your feelings with people who have already experienced the kind of loss you have faced. Sharing in person can reduce your pain a great deal. A spiritual healer or a professional psychiatrist can also play a crucial role in your recovery.
I am having itching near vagina and also having White discharge.what to do? I Have 1 baby of 1.5 years.
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
2. Try not to eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking medicine. Except water.
3. Avoid coffee, raw onion, garlic till on homeopathic medicines as these interfere with the action of homeopathic medicines.
4. Avoid using perfumes or strong smelling deodorant.
5. Avoid the use of camphor in any form where homeopathic medicines have been kept as camphor antidotes all medicines prepared from vegetable sources.
6. If you are taking medicines for hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma or any other chronic disease, do not stop them immediately. Consult your doctor and if advised then only reduce their dosage.