Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello mujhe chicken gunia hua tha bukhaar k karan mere pair me soujan aagyi par an soujan to uttar gayi par pair se chala nhi jata jyada pain hota h give me some aruyvadic medicine advice's for relief in pain.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.
There is some pain occurs continuous in my heals while walking or long Time sitting then walking. What does it means? What should I do.
I met with a serious accident in Jun 2006 with a heavy loaded truck while I was returning from my duty at night. It cause serious multiple injury and I was admitted to Sir Ganga Ram hospital in Delhi. I underwent approx 10 operation consequently. My right femur was badly damaged, it is still been a problem to walk freely. There is lack of muscles in my right femur. Sometimes I feel tremendous pain in my affected areas like ankle, knee, femur portions. Suggest me how to overcome these issues. I have not been in touch with my consultant/ doctor.
I'm suffering from lordosis/swayback. I'm also having some back pain recently. Please tell me some exercises, yoga poses and other things to correct this.
My back is paining since 5 days as I had fallen from stares so please suggest me medicine. I have used genral painqular but it doesn't work.
I have a back problem whenever I bend I get a bad ache and I am only twenty four and married what is the issue.
Hi I am jayaraj 29 years old ,I am getting shoulder and neck pain although the day and I am getting pain all in my joints especially in my left hand wrist and after getting up from bed I am getting shivering what will my problem and whom should I consult for this.
I'm suffering from back pain since 3 months I took xrays of spine, hip, pelvis and mri spine everything is normal, I used lot of medicines and various combinations but no use some how my back pain got reduced but i'm pain in my buttock and hip regions more on right side I dont know what to do actually i'm a physio. please suggest me a solution.
Here are some problems related to joint and knee