Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prem Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 month old he is not drinking bottle milk and breast milk while drinking he plays with bottle and he tries to pull it out from mouth. He drinks milk usually 3-4 hrs with gap. Before a Month he used to drink with in a span of 2 hrs. He used to fart a lot. But now a days he is not farting.
My baby is 6 months old and is suffering from chronic constipation from last two months. In start we tried natural remedies like cotton insertion and sugar water but see no improvement. At last we visited his paediatrician and he advised to give him Glycerine suppository for 3 days and after that to continue adult PICLIN Laxative 6 ml per day (3 ml twice) to cure his constipation. So, we are giving him above medication from his 6th month start and now he passes stool after 2 or 3 days with less difficulty. We tried stopping giving him PICLIN after his 6th month completion but after that baby can’t poop and also decreases his feed intake. His current weight is 6.1 KG and he is teething as well. Regarding his diet, he is completely on breast feed and we have started giving him yellow dalpani from last one month. We have tried 20-25 ml of water intake and 2 tablespoon of pear puree from last 3 days but it does not help. To continue on PICLIN we have some worries and doubts as follows: 1. Is it safe to give PICLIN (Adults) 6 ml daily to baby of just 6 months and any side effects that it can cause when baby grows? 2. For how much time we should continue giving him above medicine? 3. What can be the reason of his severe constipation? 4. Is there any natural remedy to cure his constipation rather then giving him medications? 5. Any other suggestion/medication to cure his constipation? 6. Is glycerine suppository is better than PICLIN? It would be very helpful for any of suggestions.
My grand son is one year and 4 months old. He has not started uttering words although he blabbers some times. He hears and responds well . He had problem in sucking milk from the beginning. Does it have any relevance? When do children start uttering meaningful words normally. Please advice. Thanks.
Please respected sir and madam, and its an emergency. Its a case of hole in heart there are two holes in a new born baby of my neighbors. Baby is in very serious condition can you help please suggest, in evening we have admitted her in hospital her age is 5 months and I want to help her.
My son is 2 year 10 months old he going to school he is getting frequently cold cough and fever every fortnight we are visiting to pediatrician please suggest something to strong his immunity.
My baby is 2.6 years old. While it's winter season we prefer to keep fan and AC off at night time. While we as parent are feeling cold but our baby sweats. Hence for him we have to switch on the fan. Is this normal?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.