Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
I had giant cell tumor at the neck of proximal femur. Surgery is performed within bone graft. Then hip spica is applied for 3 months. But after 5 months of operation local recurrence has started. What is the cause of it? Is hip replacement approval for me? By which process local recurrence is stopped? From where we get best treatment for it?
What is the treatment for prostrate. Remedial steps to prevent prostrate. Food habits to be adopted. Medicine for prostrate.
I have been diagnosed with grade 1 prostate enlargement for last two years though I don't have much of difficulty in urinating. I am told that if I face difficulty in urinating prostate will have to be removed with surgery. Is there homeopathic medicine available to cure by avoiding surgery? Please tell me the medicine name.
My grand mother was died of colon cancer recently. At the age of 60 cancer was diagnosed. My grandmother's mother hadn't suffered from cancer. And my grandmother was very active upto her 50's. Later she suffered from constipation for 1 month. And had a swelling near urinary tract. It was removed by doctors. After few month we again had a scanning to her. Later reports showed that she had colon cancer and it was in final stage. This makes me thinks that my grandmother cancer was not hereditary. My question was in such case is there chance of having cancer to my mother. She was a second child. First child was a boy. And tell me the symptoms of cancer in initial stage.
For the past 2 months, I am suffering from gum inflammation and lymphnode on my left cheek and have taken few antibiotics like Amoxylin, Roxy. OPG confirms nothing. Have applied dologel CT also but no cure. What to do? Is surgery required?
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hi, This is regarding my dad. He is a patient who was having maxillary cancer. His left jaw has been removed completely and operated multiple times. Now his mouth opening is very limited with no denture. Now currently he is cancer free but has tooth pain and his lower tooth has cavity in it. Due to the limited opening the Oncologist he visits said nothing can be done for the tooth. Would you know a way to help him with the pain and suggesting a solution?
Iam a 21 year old girl. 3 year before I felt a lump in my breast and consulted a doctor. She told it is fibroid. I hav taken medicines like primesome, evion and all. Now I am not able to write properly with my hands due to some difficulty. I hand pain om the bones near neck. Feeling tired and some pain and itching on vaginal area. The skin of my breast have changed like old womens and scailness of skin is there. please give an advice.
Dear Sir/Mam Which types of diet is good after or in between chemotherapy. Please suggest me all the food supplements.
What are the routine yearly tests one should undergo to rule out the possibility of any type of cancer.
My brother is suffering from gall bladder cancer we found in biopsy after getting operation of gall bladder with tumor n stones n Dr. has suggested for chemotherapy We r from gaya Bihar n very confused what we do I heard about treatment in vellore Dr. told us he is stage 2 if we diagnosed chemotherapy what is the chance of healing n he can survive for whole life I can send biopsy n other medical records n please provide best suggestion n guide perfectly.
Khane ki nali main cancer hai 4 keemo lag chuke hain aur gale main stain dal chuka hai aaj wait 35 kg hai khana khane main liquid hi ja raha hai bo bhi bahut kam matra main le rahi hai marij feamale -32 hai .yahan ke doctors ka kehna hia ki weekly keemo 1 days ka denge jo pehle 4 keemo lage hai bo 3 days ke lage hain. Paclitrust260 mg ke keemo lage hain. Sath hi colstim300 mg ke injection lage hain.
I am breastfeeding mother of 22 month old daughter. But feeds from left side only for few months as my right side breast produced less milk and nipple is small. Sometimes I have pain in my right breast. Is this a early sign of breast cancer? Please help.
Respected sir, I would like to the best chemotherapy for the lungs cancer. Kindly suggest the side effect of the chemotherapy. And which hospital we need to refer.
I am 60 yrs old. Suffering from prostate problems.please advise the tests to be carry out and medicine to follow.
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.