Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
How to prevent cancer in early stages? And also suggest which foods are given strength and energy for suffering with cancer.
My father is 72 years old. He has a prob3m with high serum creatinine, it also accompanied with prostate problem. He has been prescribed with Roliten OD 40 mg. What are other precautions we need to take care of him.
Does coffee cause cancer, and if yes, what are the symptoms. And what are the preventive measures to be taken. Can anyone fall prey to this disease.
Please let me know what is the symptoms of a throat cancer and is massive smoking cause this disease?
My age is 22 yrs and I am female. My mother had cancer in her right breast in april may of the year 2009. My gynecologist suugested me after seeing the ultrasound report to go for needle test as my mother is having. But I dont want what should I do please tell me by seeing the ultrasound report. I have ultrasond of my breast and report is- my righy breast showsa well defined hypoechoic sol of16x10mm at 11'o' clock in periareolar region of upper outer quadrent and a small subcm cyst at 1'o' clock. There is no e/o ductal ectasia. No e/o puckering or adhesion to overlying skin and soft tissue-underlying muscle plane are also well preserved. Axilla: few subcm axillary lymph nodes with preserved hila noted in right axilla. Impression: high resolution sonography of both breast reveal features s/o fibroadenoma and simple cyst in right breast-adv fnac corelation. Am I having cancer or not wether I should go for needle test please reply me.
My friend is suffering from carcinoma sarcoma of gall bladder type 4 stage cancer. I want to know about the treatment process and hes chances to survive as I am really very worried about him he is 42 years of age .please reply me soon.
Causes and symptoms of enlarged prostate
The problem of an enlarged prostate or benign prostate hyperplasia is a very common occurrence as you grow older. It's known to strike men above the age of 50, with more than 50% of men after the age of 60, having this complaint.
Causes of enlarged prostate
A non-cancerous condition, enlarged prostate makes the passing of urine from the bladder through the urethra difficult. The multiplication of the prostate cells causes an enlargement of the gland, leading to a buildup of pressure on the urethra, affecting the discharge of urine from the body. The narrowing of the urethra, due to this benign condition, forces the bladder to contract more vigorously so as to push urine out of the body.
As time passes, the muscles of the bladder get significantly affected, causing them to become extremely sensitive, thicker and stronger. As a consequence, the bladder begins to contract, even if the amount of urine in the organ is negligible, causing episodes of frequent urination. Gradually, the bladder fails to completely empty itself of urine due to the constriction of the urethra. This can give rise to a number of health problems including the formation of bladder stones, urinary tract infections, blood in the urine and so on.
How can you identify the signs of the condition?
Signs of enlarged prostate are very easy to identify and include:
- A slow or weak urine flow
- Difficulty in initiating urination
- Instances of frequent urination
- A feeling of not completely emptying one's bladder
- Frequent urination during the night
- Exerting a lot to urinate
- Instances of dribbling
- Urgency to pass urine
- A feeling of urinating again minutes after doing so
- Urination that starts and stops
What are the symptoms of skin cancer. If a person suffer from the skin cancer. How can he will be safe from the skin cancer and what is the limit of the skin cancer.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
My age 28 and I have suffering from lipoma. What is a good medicine of lipoma. Ayurvedic orr homoeopathy. Please suggest.
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
I am 47 year and I take RMD (gutkha) from past 18 years regularly. Now I am worrying whether I may affect with cancer like disease. I would like to have through checkup for this. What should I do?
Respected Sir/Madam, This is in regards to the patient (my grandma). She has been lately struggling to walk and sit. She fell down and broke her spine before 5 months. She wasn't able to bear the pain for the last 2 months. Then we took her to hospital where they told after taking biopsy it might be multiple myeloma. They referred another hospital's Oncology department for further treatment. Radiation was given 10 times first in the spinal cord. Even after that treatment the pain did not stop and radiation was given to hip also. Now 2 weeks has passed after that and still she is having the pain.
My wife have Brest cancer And last month we go to for checking in Delhi Rajeev Gandhi hospital And that say as per report third stage
Hi my mother is 51 years old, she is having cervical cancer stage 3b and her both kidneys are not working now she is getting dialysis, so what we do now ?
I am having problem of low urine output. It is not flowing properly ang several minutes I have to try. I have undergone ultrasound test my prostrate gland size is 9 39 gms Recently I have taken blood test for kidney function and urine complete examination. The serum creatinine 0.7 mg/dl blood Uric acid 4.9 mg sodium 141 mEql potassium 4.9, mEql chlorides 101mEql Urine examinations Gravity 1012. Reaction 6.0 ph Rbc 2rbc other parameters are normal Can you suggest/prescribe any medicine either in allopathy or homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicine to improve free flow of urine output?
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.