Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Need urgent advice on my sudden myopia, which is worsening by the weekchecked blood sugar HB1AC and blood fasting and both within limits. Im a KCO myasthania gravis since april 2015 and symptoms are under control. Had thymectomy and single bypass in aprol 2015 and severe worsening of myasthenia in june 2015 given pulse steroid and IVIG therapy in june 2015. Currently on Azoran 75mg, pyridostigmine bromide 180mg and prednisolone 15mg / day. Last 15 years eyes had -4.5 and -1.75 however now they are around -6 or -7 fluctuating and this is really alarming. Please help.
Some thing is happened in my right eye it is red every time from six months. What should I do for that.
I am 25 year old male and diagnosed with eales disease by my doctor. It started 4 days back when I experienced floaters and hazy vision through my right eye. After consulting my doctor, he observed vitreous hemorrhage and occluded vessels. I have carried out tests suggested by him like x- ray chest P/A, MT, complete blood haemogram with ESR. All the reports are normal and I am waiting to consult him. I am still not able to make out what is the reason for the disease. As suggested by him, I will have to go through fungus fluorescin angiography of both the eyes after a week and accordingly may have to go through a surgery. I am really scared and nervous. I am not to able to work and study. Kindly guide me. I will be really grateful.
I've been experiencing pain in my left eye for just over a week I am a little concerned but not sure when I should see a doctor about it. The pain feels like a dull headache with pressure, it also been pretty bloodshot, it hurts to move up/down or blink and, has been sensitive to light.
1) Does flashlight close to eye for long time cause solar retinography? 2) can retina surgeon detect solar retinography on slit lamp? 3) can vision returns to normal? Or remains impaired in fractional amount?
Mother is 83, Diabetic, diagnosed with Hyper Mature Cataract condition. Seek a surgical solution to restore her eyesight asap. Please advise.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.