Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preethi P
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi PYour feedback matters!
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a medical procedure followed for those women or couples suffering from infertility or for certain specific genetic problem. In the normal course, women or couples experience positive results within a few IVF cycles. However, in spite of reasonable pregnancy rates, some women may require few more cycles to achieve pregnancy. In such cases, in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, the gynecologist may suggest the women undergo Endometrial Scratching before IVF.
Endometrium explained in brief:
The uterus is located in the pelvic region and it is in the size and shape of a pear. The inner cavity of the womb or uterus is protected by the tissue lining called endometrium, also called endometrial. The endometrium plays a significant role in supporting the pregnancy.
The enhanced success of achieving pregnancy:
The endometrial scratching procedure is a very simple one, which is resorted, so as to improve the results of IVF procedure. In this procedure, the gynecologist uses a very fine catheter and makes a small scratch on the endometrial lining. In fact, the scratch causes a kind of inflammatory reaction in the uterus. This inflammatory reaction induces the endometrium to be highly receptive to embryos during the successive menstrual cycle. This added receptivity enhances the success of pregnancy during the next menstrual cycle.
Considering the higher level of success in achieving pregnancy, the endometrial scratching procedure has gained popularity in the IVF procedure. However, some of the other issues related to endometrial scratching may be as follows:
- Endometrial scratching optimises the uterine lining and thereby, makes it easier to continue the embryo implanting procedure. Normally, before the endometrial scratching procedure, the gynecologist may suggest endometrial biopsy.
- The endometrial procedure is usually suggested for those women who had two or more unsuccessful IVF procedures, despite having good quality embryos. However, in some cases, depending on the health of the patient and various other factors, the gynecologist may suggest this endometrial scratching at the very first IVF procedure. This procedure can be availed either for fresh embryos of the couple or frozen embryos or for the donor egg.
- Although this is a part of a surgical procedure; endometrial scratching is very simple and painless and it is done without administering anesthesia. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation. In fact, the patient can go home soon after the procedure. Except for a few pain killers, this procedure does not require any extensive medication.
This is a safe and easy procedure. Neither does it lead to any side effects, nor is the procedure burdensome for your wallet. Many couples have been benefited by this endometrial scratching procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife follicle size is 9 mm and AMH level is 1.89. Is it possible to conceive pregnancy or we will take treatment further.
Often referred to as silent cancer, pancreatic cancer has little or vague symptoms in the early stages. Unexplained and significant weight loss is a classic symptom during the initial stages along with symptoms such as yellow skin/eyes, itching, dark urine, and abdominal discomfort or pain. Treatment usually involves evaluation of what stage the cancer is in, the complications that are involved and identifying the right surgical method.
The two major types of surgery include potentially curative surgery and palliative surgery.
- Studies have revealed that partially removing the affected parts of the pancreas and surrounding areas does not increase lifespan by a substantial amount. Hence, potentially curative surgery is recommended by surgeons only if it is ascertained that the whole cancer can be removed. It is a very complex surgery and the recovery time is substantial. The possible benefits and risks need to be evaluated very carefully before going ahead with this form of treatment.
- Curative surgery is typically preferred to treat cancer that is located in the head of the pancreas since sometimes it can be found early enough to be removed, but the downside is that the method is used only if the entire cancerous growth can be removed.
- If the surgeon finds that curative surgery might not be of help, especially if the cancer has spread too far to be completely removed, the next best option would be palliative surgery. As the name implies, the surgeon would opt for smaller operations aimed at relieving some of the symptoms, this would not cure the cancer as such but would help manage the symptoms.
- Whipple procedure (pancreaticoduodenectomy) is the most common form of surgery adopted to treat cancer located in the exocrine pancreas or pancreatic NETs. The Whipple procedure involves the removal of the head of the pancreas and sometimes even the body as well. The nearby structures including the gallbladder, bile duct, small intestine, lymph nodes and sometimes parts of the stomach may be removed too. Then, they are re-attached to the small intestine to allow the bile and digestive enzymes to pass through the small intestine and finally, the small intestine pieces are re-attached to allow the food to travel through the digestive tract.
- The procedure is highly time-consuming and can take several hours to complete. It requires sufficient surgical experience and skill. The area around the pancreas differs from person to person, making it difficult to perform surgery through the various blood vessels and duct arrangements in the body. If treated at major medical facilities the death rate is under 1%, while in smaller hospitals or if performed by inexperienced surgeons the death rate may be significantly higher.
Hence, when diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, it is generally recommended to go for surgeons who perform many such surgeries each year to get the best possible treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For most people, a prolonged sexual act is one of the most pleasurable acts. However, though not might admit it, there could be multiple reasons due to which this might not be possible. In males especially, premature ejaculation is very common, which does not allow for a prolonged sexual experience. There are multiple causes for this
, some physiological and some psychological.
Given the private nature of the topic, many would not admit to the issue in the first place. Even with the couple, many would be reluctant to discuss it. For many men, close friends might often be the only one who knows about it. Someone else who has had similar problems might suggest a solution. The Internet, given the privacy it offers, could be another forum for discussion and seeking solutions. So what happens is they end up trying solutions from either of these two sources. However, what is important to understand is that each person’s body is built and wired very differently. What worked for a friend or for another person in some other part of the world might not work for you too.
The first point of coping begins with acknowledging the problem. When the ejaculation happens soon after the penetration, well before the partner is satisfied, it is known as premature ejaculation. In some cases, there might not even be adequate stimulation. While it is a matter of self-esteem for the male, for the female it is often an unsatisfactory experience. Knowing some of the possible causes helps understand the problem and then work towards a solution. Some of the most common physiologic and psychologic causes are listed below.
• Performance anxiety: In many cases, especially when with a new partner, premature ejaculation is very common. However, gradually, with familiarity, this improves.
• The prolonged duration between sex episodes: If the person has not engaged in sex for quite a while, there are chances of premature ejaculation.
• Guilt: Past sexual experiences could lead to guilt, which also can cause premature ejaculation.
• Hormonal: Hormonal imbalances also can lead to an inability to sustain and/or maintain an erection.
Most men experience some degree of PE in their early years when they start off their sex lives, but this gradually improves with age, as they learn to control.
Coping with it begins with one round of diagnosis. If there is no serious underlying cause, then simple measures like relaxation techniques and quitting smoking can be used to control ejaculation.
Talking to the partner and easing out stress during the act also can go a long way.
If these do not help, seek counselling or behavioural therapy. You can definitely manage better performance with support of the partner and the counsellor.
The greater part of us can recollect the hot, zesty minutes when the love life was new with our accomplice. However, the flame of a decent love life may fade away. Gradually, you and your partner may have an uninteresting sexual life.
In order to break the deadlock, you must find ways to bring back the old flame. Here are 10 ways, following which you can slowly get back to your glory days.
- For men, keeping a healthy heart is a must for long-lasting spirit in bed. Your penis chips away with circulatory strain. The mind sends signals to your penis that causes vessels to swell with blood. Your heart is in charge of pumping the blood. When the heart is not functioning at its best, it can bring about issues with the blood stream from the heart to the vessels in your penis. This can make it hard to accomplish a full erection. Ensure your circulatory framework is working at top shape. Essentially, what's useful for your heart is useful for your sexual well being.
- One of the most ideal approaches to enhance your sexual well-being is cardiovascular activity. Sex gets your heart rate up, yet standard activity can help your sexual execution by keeping your heart fit as a fiddle. Sweat-breaking activities such as running and swimming, can do marvels to uplift your charisma.
- In case of men, some food items improve in increasing blood flow. This accounts for better erection. Example-banana (rich in potassium), onion, garlic, chilies and pepper. Some of these items reduce hypertension.
- There are many people who have certain sexual problems, but keep them to themselves. People tend to hide their problems from their partners because of fear of failure. These problems should be talked about, given attention and be cured in order to restore the normal sexual performance. Erectile Dysfunction is a major such problem.
- Sex is a two way road. Giving careful consideration to your partner's longings makes sex pleasurable for them and turns you on as well. Discussing this in advance will make it easier for you.
- In case you're not enduring the length you desire in bed, you may require some practice. Masturbation can help you enhance your stamina.
- Exposure to sunlight decreases the production of melatonin. Less melatonin increases the potential for sexual urge. Spend some time in the sun.
- Reduce much stress possible from your life. Stress boosts blood pressure and heart rate, and your sexual performance gets hampered.
- Get rid of unhealthy habits such as smoking and drinking. Such stimulants may lead to impotency, and you must avoid them to maintain sexual health.
- Experiment with new and different sexual positions to make it more interesting and fun for your partner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kegel is named after renowned gynaecologist Arnold Kegel. Kegel exercises are for the strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. You must continue doing Kegel exercises multiple times for several days, to begin to see changes and benefits.
1. It is a highly recommended treatment for urinary incontinence
2. Works well in case of decreased bladder control
3. Strengthens pelvic muscles
4. Relieves abdominal cramps
5. Helps in pelvic toning
6. Prevents organ prolapse
7. Beneficial to those with constipation as kegel exercises help regulate bowel movements
Kegel exercises during pregnancy
During pregnancy, most women suffer from problems related to constipation, which can be kept in check by regular practice of kegel exercises. The strengthening of pelvic muscles is of utmost need during this time, as weakened muscles can lead to a major prolapse if they are unable to bear the weight of a baby. Strong pelvic muscles are required to have a healthy pregnancy. These exercises are useful in preparing the muscles for labour and childbirth. If you notice occasional leakage of urine during the third trimester, it is a warning sign of losing bladder control, which, if left untreated, can worsen during the post partum period. Regularly exercising can help prevent complications occurring due to pregnancy.
How To Do Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy?
Try to stop the flow of urine when you are sitting on the toilet without tightening your abdominal, buttock, or thigh muscles. When you're able to successfully start and stop urinating, or you feel the vaginal muscle contract, you are using your pelvic floor muscle, the muscle you should be contracting during Kegel exercises.
You can do Kegel exercises two ways: either by holding or quickly contracting the pelvic floor muscle. To do slow Kegels, contract the pelvic floor muscle and hold for three to 10 seconds. Then relax and repeat up to 10 times. To do fast Kegels, quickly contract and relax your pelvic floor muscle 25 to 50 times. Relax for 5 seconds and repeat the set up to four times.
Squatting: Squatting is helpful during labor because it opens the pelvic outlet an extra quarter to half inch, allowing more room for the baby to descend. But squatting is tiring, so you should practice it frequently during pregnancy to strengthen the muscles needed.
How to do Squatting? An exercise called a wall slide is especially helpful. Stand with your back straight against a wall, place your feet shoulder width apart and about six inches from the wall, and keep your arms relaxed at your sides. Slowly and gently slide down the wall to a squatting position (keeping your back straight) until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for five to 10 seconds, slowly slide back to a standing position. Repeat five or 10 times.
Pelvic Tilt: What is it? Pelvic tilts strengthen abdominal muscles, help relieve backache during pregnancy and labor, and ease delivery. This exercise can also improve the flexibility of your back, and ward off back pain.
How to do Pelvic Tilt? You can do pelvic tilts in various positions, but down on your hands and knees is the easiest way to learn it. Get comfortabe on your hands and knees, keeping your head in line with your back. Pull in your stomach and arch your back upward. Hold this position for several seconds. Then relax your stomach and back, keeping your back flat and not allowing your stomach to sag. Repeat this exercise three to five times. Gradually work your way up to 10 repetitions.
These exercises can yield great benefits with minimal effort. The exercises require no special equipment except comfortable clothes, and a little space to do them.
Do not worry if you are not close to the goal when you begin. Pelvic muscles are like any other muscles in your body. They will become stonger only with time, consistency and mindful work.
Beware: If you sense any pain in your back or abdomen after doing a Kegel set, it is a sign of you not doing them properly.
Hello madam I have pcod problem and my last period is 45 days ago I have taken regestrone tabs for 3 days daily 2 tabs and already its 5 days over that I stopped regestrone but still my period is pending I have pooja in my house next week so please help me.
I had sex first time on 10th February but my bf didn't cum inside. Still took an ipill within an hour. On 18th Feb I noticed spotting with brown blood then after 2 days red blood started coming out. It's 24th Feb and I'm still bleeding with no pain. Tell me am I fine or not?
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine abnormalities or Incompetent cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated thyroid problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
Related Tip: "Miscarriage - Ways To Recover"