Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi PYour feedback matters!
I am about 4 months pregnant and today at night I came in my husband contact after one month. After one hour at night only I feel some pain in my belly like my stomach muscles are stretching and someone is pinching needle like pain inside so pls tell me it is because of sex or it is normal I had injection in my first trimester they were also paining yesterday evening. So wat to do.
A beautiful smile plays a very vital role in enhancing the overall beauty of face. Rotated, stained and maL-placed tooth can cause major aesthetic/cosmetic and psychological problems in teenage and young adults. Mid-line teeth gap, rotated teeth, crowded teeth, stained teeth, broken tooth edges and wearing tooth edges are the most common cosmetic problems that our patients report to us. Dynamic advancements in the field of dentistry has come across with the solution of majority of cosmetic problems.
Here we discuss the various options available for improving smile:
1. Veneers: They are thin pieces of porcelain or plastic glued to the front of your teeth. For teeth that are severely discoloured, chipped or misshapen and gaps between the teeth, veneers create a durable and pleasing smile. A veneer is made to match the colour and shape of your tooth. Not everyone is a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Bleaching is not recommended if you have tooth colored fillings, crowns, caps or bonding in your front teeth. There are two types of veneers:
a. Porcelain (indirect) veneers, which must first be created to fit your teeth in a dental laboratory and require two visits to the dentist. Porcelain veneers are generally stronger, while composite veneers are less expensive. With porcelain veneers, the dentist takes an impression of the tooth and sends it to the dental lab for fabrication of the veneer, usually after the front of the tooth has been reduced.
b. Composite (direct) veneers, which are bonded to your tooth enamel in a single visit. With either method, the tooth is prepared for bonding by roughening the front surface with mild etching solution. The veneer can then be bonded to your tooth using a dental bonding cement.
2. Bonding: It uses composite resin to restore chipped or broken teeth, fill in gaps and reshape or recolor your smile. After applying a very mild etching solution that slightly roughens the surface of your teeth and permits the bonding material to adhere, your dentist applies the resin and sculpts, colours and shapes it to provide a pleasing result. A high-intensity light hardens the material, which is then finely polished. Bonding agents are used in treatment of midline gap closures, fractured tooth restoration, wearing teeth edges.
3. Whitening: Some people are born with teeth that are more yellow than others. Others have teeth that yellow with age. Your natural tooth colour can also be affected by many factors. Surface stains (called extrinsic stains by dentists) and discolouration can be caused by:
a. Tobacco (whether smoked or chewed)
b. Drinking tea, coffee, or red wine
c. Eating highly pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
d. Accumulation of tartar deposits, which result from plaque that has hardened
e. Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during the time when teeth are forming
f. Yellowing or greying of the teeth as part of the aging process
g. Trauma to the teeth that may result in the death of the tooth's nerve, giving the tooth a brown, grey or black colour.
Whitening/Bleaching is a simple procedure where whitening agents are applied over the tooth surface in order to chemically change the colour of tooth. It can either be a single visit clinical procedure or multiple application home procedure under the guidance of your dentist.
Will my newly whitened teeth stain?
Any tooth can stain, including the veneers and bonds mentioned above. To help prevent stains from coming back, avoid smoking, coffee, tea, red wine and heavily coloured foods. And brush your teeth twice a day with a whitening toothpaste. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am 24 years old female I and have a period problem for last 3years due to after taken unwanted what should I do.
Hi I have all symptoms of yeast infection. It causes itching in the vagina and sometimes causes pain or burning when I urinate or have sex. I also have a thick, clumpy, white discharge that has no odor and looks a little like cottage cheese from last 4-5 days. I had only white discharge like water from my vagina earlier for many years. Should I be worried? Nand what should I do plz?
I have started eating dry nuts like dry dates, pista, badam, anjur since few days. My question is, what is the best time to eat and how much to consume?
Pulmonary Fibrosis : Symptoms ad Causes
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract.
There is some party in my family. And my month cycle is falling in that period. So I want to postpone my monthly cycle. Please advise the safer way.
My expected period is Jan 27 2017, but I have my brother marriage on Jan 29. I am going to try for some natural remedies for preparing my periods. But if it is not getting happen, whether I can take medicines for postponing the periods. If yes, from when I have to take it and what medicine to take. I have some vaginal clotting during my C -Section Ist delivery. Is taking medicine will cause any problem? One of my friend suggested primolut N tablet (3 times a day for 5 days from the 9th day of last period. Whether I can opt for that too). Please clarify.
She was pregnant last month but we use medical abortion But now her period not come What should we do..
My menstrual cycle was on Dec 5th but it came on Dec 13. So when the egg will be from the ovary and how should I know I'm ovulating.
Hii my sister is 22 years old she has thyroid. She was on treatment for pregnancy and now she is pregnant .I want to know what care should I have to do for her bcoz I have heard becoz of thyroid so much complications are there. Pls I need a diet also for her.
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor, I am 44 years old female. I have pain, weakness, weight lost, chest tightness, heart palpitation, chest burning and I get lot of phlegm. Is this the symptom of perimenopause stage ?
Spermatorrhoea means involuntary loss of semen, which generally takes place during sleep or under various conditions (during urination or at stool) at other times. It is often associated with irritability and debility of the generative organs. It os commonly called.
Although the symptoms of true spermatorrhoea vary according to the general condition, disposition and age of the patient, yet the general course is somewhat as follows : Among the earlier symptoms which indicate that the pollution are becoming more frequent than is compatible with perfect health, are pain in the small of the back, pain in the head, a sense of fatigue and inability for exertion, and a certain incapacity for mental effort. As the emissions increase in frequency, the patient observes a diminished capacity for sexual enjoyment; the general symptoms are made worse, and include dizziness, weakness of sight, trembling in the limbs, a sense of weight in the chest, palpitation of the heart, and signs of dyspepsia. After a time he begins to have emissions by day also, and he now usually becomes the prey of despondency.
His mental depression may be so great that his thoughts are constantly directed to the one subject - a condition which aggravates the difficulty. His gait becomes unsteady ; he feels wandering pains in various parts of the body ; his rest is disturbed by frightful dreams ; he shuns society, because he imagines that others see and recognize the cause of his difficulty. In fact, his mental condition approaches finally a mild type of insanity. It must be said, however, that there but few, if any, cases in which insanity can be traced to excessive seminal losses. There are numerous instances in which an individual suffering from seminal emissions has become insane, and such cases are commonly ascribed to the seminal losses. A closer scrutiny of the case usually shows that the patient had a tendency to insanity, and that the seminal losses are to be regarded rather as one of the symptoms of the general nervous depression which resulted in insanity - as an effect, therefore, rather than as the cause of his mental derangement. Certain it is that those who have inherited a disposition to certain nervous diseases - epilepsy and insanity for instance-are far more frequently affected with seminal emissions than others.
Cause*-Spermatorrhoea is not usually a separate disease by itself, but is a symptom of several affections which may be located in the genital organs or may affect other parts of the body, especially the nervous system. In most cases it is simply a nervous disease, and is accompanied by numerous other symptoms which indicate feebleness of the nervous system. The subject of it is commonly of a nervous, excitable temperament ; and as first pointed out by an eminent French physician, he has usually suffered in earlier life from some manifestation of weakness in the genital or urinary organs, such as inability to retain the urine. It has been noted that children afflicted in this way often suffer in later life from weakness of the genital organs.
Among the causes which predispose to this affection is constant indulgence of the imagination in licentious thoughts. This especially when combined with unsatisfied sexual excitement, induces an irritability of the organs which finally results in the escape of the seminal fluid upon slight provocation.
Spermatorrhoea is most frequently induced by the habit of self-abuse. When this habit is stopped the individual usually suffers from involuntary emissions instead of those which he had formerly excited voluntarily.
It must not, however, be supposed that every individual who has once indulged in this habit must suffer from incontinence of semen afterward. In many cases the habit is practiced to only a limited extent and is not followed, to any particular degree, by seminal emissions ; that is, these emissions do not occur with more frequency than is natural for individuals who have not practiced self-abuse.
There are several causes which may act in exciting seminal emissions in cases where no disease of the sexual organs exists. Sometimes an unusual formation of the organ is a source of constant irritation which provokes seminal emissions. One of the most frequent of these is an unnatural tightness of the foreskin, whereby the secretion formed beneath it cannot escape, and being retained irritates the inner surface. An unnatural narrowness of the urethral opening may also cause constant irritation and seminal losses.
Kharkhusk(Gokhroo) 10 gm mix in 10 ml honey and use along with cow milk.
Post bekh satyanasi , make powder and use 3 gm along with cow milk.
Tukhm tamarhindi biryan and make powder, use this 5 gm powder along with cow milk.
Kushta qalai 500 mg
Majoon Aarad khurma or Majoon Mugalliz mani or Majoon Piyaz 10 gm along with cow milk before beakfast for 30 days.
Laboob kabeer or Majoon Kalan or Majoon salab 5 gm have the same effect as above.
Habbe jawahar 1 in numb along with Jawarish jalinoos lolvi twice a day.
Habbe jiryan: Jaifal javitry, afyoon, mazo sabz, ispand, mastagi, zafran, nagser, mochras, tujqalmi, gul supari, dana ilaichi khurd, tabaseer safaid, ajwain khurasani each 3 gm, prepare powder and make 3 gm tablet in lua'ab isabgol, use this one tablet twice a day along with cow milk before breakfast and at bed time.
Safoof mugalliz: veryeffective formulation for spermatorrhoea. Asl alsoos muqasar 7 gm, Kahoo 10 gm, Gulnar 15 gm, Gul surkh, Tukhm Suddab, Tukhm Fanjakshat each 15 gm, make powder and use 6 gm twice a day along with cow milk.