Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preetham
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. PreethamYour feedback matters!
1) BACK PAIN:- I'm suffering from back pain since giving birth to my baby boy in 2013. The pain is now increasing day by day. 2) MIGRAINE/SINUSITIS:- I'm also suffering from blocked nose, headache on one side of my head even before my marriage & its still persisting & it'/s also increasing more. Now my age is 26 yrs & i'm housewife.
I am 26 old male. I am suffering numbness problem last two year. I already done nerve conductivity test for my both legs. It report showing nothing. When I am going to neutral call in morning in Western toilet sheet after that when I am stand up. That time both legs suffer from numbness. It is very difficult for me Walk that time. It will take 1 to 2 minutes for make my self normal. Even hand also suffer numbness problem. Please suggest me which type of treatment I need to take.
Sleep disorders are likely to be treated less seriously than other disorders. But studies show that a neglected sleep disorder can even cause a stroke. The risk factors also include hypertension, diabetes and heart problems.
Apnea or apnoea is suspended breathing. It refers to a usual pattern of pauses in the breathing pattern .But you are possibly suffering from obstructive sleep apnea if you have breathing pauses in your sleep. What makes it more alarming is that if you suffer from sleep apnea, you may not be aware of it yourself. Sleep apnea is of three types, namely, central, obstructive and complex apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is the result of an obstruction in the air passage where in the air forces through itself noisily. And you snore. A physical block in the air passage is due to the relaxation of the soft tissues in the throat. If you have apnea for more than 20 seconds and repeatedly in sleep then you need serious medical attention. And this can remain unknown and unattended for years. OSA patents generally suffer from fatigue and drowsiness in the morning. Sleepiness in the daytime is one of the major causes of accidents. OSA is found mostly in men and in aged people.
Obstructive Sleep Apno\ea (OSA) and Stroke
Severe sleep apnea doubles the risk of stroke than anything else. It need not cause a stroke independently but can lead to several other physical conditions which can ultimately result in a stroke. A person is considered to have severe sleep apnea when his breathing stops for 20 times in an hour. When breathing is interrupted several times, the body, deprived of its oxygen prepares itself for a fight. And this response results in the clotting of blood. Blood clots hinder the oxygen supply to the brain leading to stroke. It is the decreased blood oxygen saturation that causes a stroke. OSA is often a reason for high blood pressure and high blood pressure has great a tie up with stroke.
OSA and Heart
The repeated pauses in breathing deny oxygen supply to the brain. The increase in the carbon dioxide level activates the sympathetic nervous system. This in turn causes spikes in the blood pressure and increases the blood pressure and the heart rate. A systemic cardiac resistance develops when there is a change in the volume of blood pumped into the heart.
People suffering from undiagnosed OSA have an increasing mortality rate. A lot many people are treated for cardiovascular diseases. But many OSA patients go untreated mainly because they or their partners do not recognize the symptoms.
The symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea are as follows :
Load and heavy snoring
Apnea or pauses in breathing during sleep.
Sleepiness and headache in the morning
Inability to concentrate
High Blood Pressure
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.
My brother is addicted to spasm proxyvon and alprax from 7-8 years. and he takes both of dem 7-8 pills of each. Every day. He had seizures attack on 31 july. And now on some medications. But he refuses to. Take the medicine thats why im giving him the medicine in food and fruits. Need to know more ways how I can give him the medicine
1. Memory loss
2. Difficulty performing familiar tasks
3. Problems with language
4. Disorientation of time and place
5. Poor or decreased judgment
6. Problems with abstract thinking
7. Misplacing things
8. Changes in personality
9. Loss of initiative
10. Changes in mood or behavior