Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Preetha MadhanYour feedback matters!
Always infection in my vagina during intercourse it is lots of pain. Since 1 and half years we trying for baby my all reports are normal. My eggs are not going to rapture. Please guide me proper.
I am 25 years old and my little finger burned it is half the size will that affect my baby in pregnancy?
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
I am 18 years old and my girlfriend is too 18 years old. We had sex on her 6 th day of periods. She has still bleeding in 6th day also, we continued sex used condoms. During sex she has no bleeding but after she had some bleeding, after she had pain in her vagina. This is our first sex, we are afraid that there will be any problem for my girlfriend. Does she get any pregnancy, we are bothering about that main confusion. Please give me answer and clear our confusion and tension. Is she will be alright or not. Some friends told that after sex we gain weight and increase in body. Really that happens or it's just a gossip. We are son tensed in matter of pregnancy only, we used condoms during our intercourse also.
Hello. Am recently been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she askd me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she askd me to start on regestrone frm 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which fron 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 12 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now. If am pregnant can I go for abortion.
I am having irregular periods for 1 year my periods come in two months and when they come I notice clot of blood also coming out so please can you tel me about clots in periods and how can they be dissolve and how can I have regular periods in a month.
Hello I am trying to conceive from last 3 months. Yesterday (before 2 days of period) I am having pink and brown spotting without clogs. What it means or indicates?
I am 48 years old. From last 20 months. I am getting my periods in irregular intervals, like 3-6 months. But this time bleeding was heavy. I have got ultra sound done. It says, -" A small 8X8 mm HYPOECHOIC SUBMUCOSAL FIBROID is seen in ANTERIOR Wall, COMPRESSING the ENDOMETRIAL Lining" Kindly give your opinion.
I am suffering from improper urination, that is I have frequent urge, unsatisfactory urination & it drips afterwords & wets my underwear. No diabetes, but my father died of prostate cancer. More over I possess hypersexuality which I don't want as my wife is not that interested in sex & I don't want to try any other way to fulfill this need. Please guide me.
I have sex with my bf after 12 days of my period. We use condoms. Now I didn't get periods from 27 days of my last period. I check pregnancy test at home after 20 days of my missing period, it shows negative, again I check after 4 days still it shows negative, Till now I didn't get periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy.
I have my periods date on 24. But had physical attachment wid my bf on 18 feb. Though it did not involved sex but he just ejaculated outside my vagina. I use to get periods 4 days before my date. But this tym I have not got them yet. Please suggest me.
• Worm infections are more prevalent among school children aged 5-14 years. They are seen in about 50% in urban and 68% in rural school children.
• Children are carrying worms in their intestine without their knowledge. Worms stick to intestine and keep on sucking blood and other nutrition. There are many types of worm like roundworm, thread worm, pin worm, hook worm etc. which can cause infection.
• Severity of infection depends on worm burden. A large majority of cases are asymptomatic. Infection is first identified when parents notice worms in stool .
• They can cause serious complication like Intestinal obstruction, liver disease, Pneumonia and even brain infections.
How we get worm infection?
• When people defecate in the open, millions of roundworm eggs are deposited in the soil or environment. They cans be carried around freely by dust, wind and rain.
• The infective eggs enter into the human body when we swallow or ingest fecal contaminated water or food. Or we pass onto food by infected hands, dirt under the nails, cups and plates.
• A child playing in a compound picks up infective eggs through dirty hands or play objects.
• Dirty human feet and animals walking in and out of houses bring the roundworm eggs into the home, and thus contaminate the home environment.
• In addition, flies, cockroaches and rats are also common vehicles that carry the roundworm eggs into the home where they infect humans.
• swimming in polluted rivers, eating without washing hands, geophagy (eating soil), eating unwashed fruits and vegetables.
In endemic areas eggs contaminate numerous domestic and public sites, including the following-
• Chopping boards • Coins• Door handles • Dust• Fingers• Fingernail dirt• Fruits and Vegetables
• Furniture • Paper money• Pickles• Public baths and restrooms• Public transportation (eg, buses)
• School rooms• Wash basins
How to prevent it?
• People need to adopt good hygiene habits by washing both hands properly with soap before eating or feeding children and after defecation.
• Wash vegetables thoroughly, especially when eating them raw.
• Cook food and vegetables properly to destroy the worm eggs.
• Hygiene and health education of school children is the most important activity to motivate children to change their behaviors and to take home the good hygiene habits.
• They can be shown photos of worm’s diseases, so that they can be easily persuaded to follow good hygienic habits.
How to identify worm infection?
• 85 % of patients are asymptomatic so it remains undiagnosed.
• Stool microscopic examination, for worms egg is a simple and cheap method of diagnosis .
• If the child is looking anemic, malnourished, weak, stomach pain or having anal itching, get his stool test done.
• Worm Infection can be easily cured. We have very good medicines available for worm infections.
• Consult your pediatrician for medication advice.
• But medication does not prevent re-infection.
• So the main treatment is, Prevention through Education of children and parents about importance of good hygiene.
Take Home message
Make it your family culture - Wash Hands with soaps just before eating food.
Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating.
For any queries, feel free to contact at penguinclinic.com
My cousin is diagnosed with chemical imbalance in neurotransmitter from two months. Doctor has advised her medicine risperdal 1mg. After 10days she was fine. Her response was good by taking this medicine at night. Now almost one and half month she is taking and She is getting better day by day. She is 18 Year old. She is studying, watching TV, going for walk and going for dance as well but her energy is low as it was before. Kindly suggest what we HV to do to bring that energy level.
Meri gf 18 years ki hai aur usne sex se phle unwanted 72 tab. Li thi usse koi prob to nhi hogi, and pregnant to nhi hogi wo please answer.
Hi I have itching in my vagina, and it staying continuously, its not happened sometime, And not only itching I have bad smell white solid material and small rash as well. I consult with the doctor also bt no profit at all. Please suggest me medicine or something which can be helpful for me.
Being overweight or obese leads to many health problems and thus, controlling your diet to reduce fat and weight can help you get your life back. However, one the other side of the spectrum, being too skinny can also be unhealthy. You could also be clinically of a proper weight, but might want to put on some muscle. Diets for both the sides will thus vary greatly.
Diet for weight loss:
- Include more of dark leafy vegetables in your diet: These vegetables are store houses of many important nutrients, such as vitamins, proteins, fibers and antioxidants and also contain no fats.
- Cereals and grains: It is important that we replace refined flour and fried foods, such as parathas or poori and replace them with whole healthy grains. Some examples of these grains are whole wheat bread, brown rice, rotis and oats.
- Lean meats: Certain forms of meat, which have been prepared without too much oil and spice are good as weight loss diet ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet-water fish among others are good choices.
- Fruits: Fruits are also a good option as they have natural sugar within them and can provide a boost of energy without requiring processed sugars. Melons, Oranges, berries, guavas are all good examples as they also help in regulating body functions.
Diets for weight gain:
- Peanuts: This ingredient is a good source of protein and unsaturated fats, which will help you build muscle and put on some extra weight. If you are working out at the gym to gain muscles peanuts can provide you with the required calories and protein to put on weight.
- Bananas: This fruit is not only a source of potassium, but also a source of good sugar which can easily be converted into energy within the body and can help build muscles and thus enable you to put on weight the healthy way.
- Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolk is known to be rich in protein and fats and can help you gain weight quickly. However, it is advised not to eat multiple eggs and limit its consumption to three or four eggs weekly as it can contribute to bad cholesterol within the body.
- Chocolate: Some amount of chocolate in your food also helps you to put on weight although excessive consumption may lead to elevated blood sugar levels. However, chocolates in moderation and regularity will help you put on weight healthily.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"