Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preetha MadhanYour feedback matters!
I had a c- section delivery on 2 may 2015. My problem is that my tummy remain as it fatty after delivery. please suggest me how to loose tummy. What to eat at this stage ?
I am 27 years old, got married 2 years ago, and we waiting for children, I have regular mensural cycle. What should we do? my husband's count is normal.
This golden spice, used in almost every meal in india is very valuable.
-it is a very powerful healer. It prevents growth of cancer cells and thus can prevent cancer.
-its anti-inflammatory properties reduces swelling caused due to pain and also reduces severity of pain caused due to arthritis.
-it is also said to prevent alzheimer's disease.
-this spice also acts as an antioxidant that helps lower cholesterol.
My last period was on 24 may. I properly use my conceiving period. Now today I feel something bad. I feel my period comes. And I dnt want this. I want to be pregnant as soon as possible. I have comp 12 months to my marriage life and always fail to conceive a baby. please help me and sugest me something for stop my date. please as soon as possible. If ones period comes then no one can do anything.
Hoi. Dr. I want to ask a question DAT what precautions should I do while in pregnancy in the month of seven.
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
- One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
- The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
- The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
In women, a number of factors can disrupt this process at any step. Female infertility is caused by one or more of these factors.
Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be caused by flaws in the regulation of reproductive hormones by the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, or by problems in the ovary itself.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It’s the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) — are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt this pattern and affect ovulation. The main sign of this problem is irregular or absent periods.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased estrogen production under the age of 40.
- Too much prolactin. Less commonly, the pituitary gland can cause excess production of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia), which reduces estrogen production and may cause infertility. Most commonly this is due to a problem in the pituitary gland, but it can also be related to medications you’re taking for another disease.
If you suspect any case of cerebrovascular accident (lakva) or myocardial infarction (heart attact) reach a multispeciality hospital with 3 hrs called hours.
Reason- beyond 3 hrs heart ll undergo irreversible damages which will be permanent and in case of cerebrovascular accident clot cannot be broken (thrombolysis) and the person might not be able to recover lifetime.
So remember 3 hours golden hours.
Mera mere gf ke sath periods khatan hone ke 5 din baad aex hua hai aur mera sperm uskey vagina mai insert hua hai but 2 ghantey baad meri gf ne unwanted 72 tablet le hai to wo abhi pregnant baan sakti hai? Sex hone ke baad meri gf jaldi uth gaya to thoda sperm bahar nikal aya.
My wife can not conceiving because both the fallopian tubes are blocked. So I just need to check if this blockage can be removed by medicine/surgery or any other suggestion.
A small step today. A big impact tomorrow. Stay healthy:)
I am 25 years old female, recently married. From 3 months my period is coming within 12-15 days. Feeling tired. Is there anything serious about this?
I am planning to conceive. My doctor has recommended Normoz twice a day. I am diabetic n already on Galvus met 50/1000. Is it safe to take these medicines together.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
As I said you about my missed periods I was due on my periods the date was on 21 feb and I had sex on 24 or 25 first of all he did not ejaculated inside my vagina his penis did not enter my vagina completely on some part went I can say it was not a proper sex and this is not the first time I missed my periods last year also this happened with me and I went under treatment for 3 months again this time also I think tha same thing is happening I hav pco problem and I do not want to get pregnant plzz guv me some solutions please.
I am 30 yr old. I have my IVF starting from May 2015. I am 71kgs. Doctor advised to reduce atleast 6-7 Kgs but have to focus on healthy food. Can you guide me.
I am 31 years old waiting for my 1st pregnancy. Last month I had only one day spotting but the UPT was negative. I took follicle study and it was 1.8*1.6 on day 14 and ruptured. Endometrium was 10.7.Doc gave HCG 10000 for rupturing. Me and my husband had relationship on 14,15 and 16th day. Today is day 23 and I am having lower abdominal pain. But I don't have any feeling of my period. I wanted to know if I am pregnant. Today I took drotin for pain. Does it affect the pregnancy if it is there. Will drotin make periods to come?
I am 46 years old lady and while swallowing any type of food I am having a burning sensation along my food pipe. This has been happening for the past 6 months. Initially for 2 month it wasn't that painful and the burning sensation lasted till the chest but then the pain started to increase and it now it reached near my stomach. I went to a doctor and they said to do an endoscopy test but the tests came out to be normal. Since then they have been giving me tablets for gas but it is still burning what should I do?
I am having periods twice a month How is it possible? I had 2 ipill within 40 days 3 months ago. Is it a side effect of it.
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!