Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preetha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left breast but not always when I push it I feel pain I leave breast feeding from one year. Tell me is this symptom of breast cancer please tell me what am I do.
I doubt that I have genital herpes near my anus. And it is slightly changed to gray. Can I know what it is?
When you are pregnant, your body is at a very delicate stage as you are carrying another individual inside you. While you are pregnant, there are many restrictions and regulations you must follow to ensure the birth of a healthy child. Bad habits such as smoking and consuming alcohol are strictly prohibited. It is also advised that you should not be in any kind of stress.
When it comes to travelling, it depends on the stage of your pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before travelling and know well about the restrictions that would be imposed, even if you are allowed to travel. The ideal time for you to travel during pregnancy is after the second trimester, when you will be less fatigued.
Here are some tips you should follow if you choose to travel when you are pregnant.
Travelling by car, train:
- You should always put your seatbelt on while travelling in a car when you are pregnant. Wear both the lap belt and the shoulder belt to keep yourself and your baby inside, safe and static.
- The airbags should always be turned on for safety purpose.
- Buses are narrow and should be avoided when you are pregnant. If you are availing a bus, avoid getting up when the bus is moving. In case you have to move, take the support of the railings.
- When you are travelling by train, always hold on to the railings and seats while moving about in motion.
- Avoid long hour journeys in cars or trains. The maximum travel duration should be not more than six hours, when you are carrying a child.
- Make it a point to halt at points to take a walk. This would enhance your blood circulation.
Travelling by air, sea:
- This mode of travel is safer than any other travel modes for pregnant women.
- Pregnant women can fly until eight months or nine months, after consulting a doctor.
- Moving about in an airplane, which is flying is a bad idea for pregnant women and should be avoided.
- Always choose an aisle seat while travelling by air. It will make moving convenient in case you need to visit the restroom.
- Choose to travel on trustworthy, major airlines with a pressurized cabin and avoid small airplanes or private jets. Do not travel above a height of 7000 ft.
- Travelling by sea should be strictly avoided as it causes motion sickness and pregnant women might have nausea.
Travel for pregnant women is restricted in many ways, and all the instructions should be followed.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 17 jan 2017. My expected period date is on 25th of jan. But am pregnant now I think. We do not want to keep this baby now. So what should we do now?
I got my period last month (on 10 Feb). Then had unprotected sex on 13th Feb. Now I missed my periods. I tested through pregnancy test kit, result is negative. Can I take regestrone to get on my periods. Periods r delayed 10 days already.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.