Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethaYour feedback matters!
The benefits of consumption of the right kind of the food are more than one. They are not only required for sustenance, but if chosen right, they also provide the right kind of boost to your sex life. Some of them are:
- Avocados: The reputation of avocados as an aphrodisiac has been well established over the years. Packed with unsaturated fats and being extremely low in saturated fats, they are very good for the heart which in turn keeps the men away from the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Almonds: Almonds have always been associated as stimulants. They are rich in nutrients and other minerals that help in boosting your sexual health and also aid in the process of reproduction.
- Strawberries: They not only look delicious, but are rich in folic acid, one that keeps away birth defects in women.
- Oysters: Oysters have been long known as aphrodisiacs; consisting of zinc that boosts the libido. Other than oysters, several sea foods like salmon and herring are also known for their ability to enhance your sex life.
- Arugula: This leafy green helps in arousal and also helps in maintaining your sexual health. They do that by absorbing those contaminants in the environment that adversely affect your libido.
- Figs: Though this fruit may look funny, they serve as excellent aphrodisiacs and boost fertility. Filled with both soluble and insoluble fiber, they are equally beneficial for the heart.
- Citrus: Apart from its excellent taste, this fruit is rich in with vitamin C, antioxidants and folic acid, which help in the reproductive health of men.
- Spinach: This green vegetable is filled with plenty of advantages, but it is also beneficial for the bedroom. It reduces exhaustion and fatigue and provides the much needed energy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 32 years female and I married at the age of 28 years. I am suffering from PCOS. All the remaining test of me and my husband are normal. In may 2016 may doctor did laparoscopy and she said that no tubal blockage and she punctured some water bubbles in ovaries. 2 months completed but I didn't convieve. I was so tensed with this problem.
Mam, I am planning from last 6months for baby but not be able to concieve it. I have done all test. All reports came positive. Please suggest something.
Hi sir Maine apni wife kaa pregnancy test karaya tha Jo ki positive aaya hai last time unka miscarriage ho gaya tha 2 months par mai ab ye janana chahta hoo sir ki is baar aisa naa ho uske liye mujhe kya precautions lene padne aur kya kya sawdhani barte jisss ki bachhe ko koi prblm naa ho sir plzz aur help me.
When a person makes choices which are not prudent when it comes to food and exercise, he or she is only causing himself or herself problems which are contained around the waistline. As a matter of fact, these problems can also manifest themselves into not so pleasant experiences in the bedroom.
It is believed that the more overweight a person is, greater will be the impact on his or her life span. This not only affects the life expectancy or quality of life of such a person over that period of time, but the ramifications can also be seen on his or her sexual life. Here are two important issues obese people are likely to face, if they don’t watch their weight.
- Problems in conceiving: A pregnancy is something which can be a matter of great joy or equally great consternation, or a mix of both these emotions. However, women who are obese are four times more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy in comparison with their relatively fit peers.
- Libido trouble: While ailments such as diabetes and heart disease may seem to be lifestyle diseases, it can be said that they do not even leave a person’s sex life unharmed. For men, the difficulty is felt when trying to get or maintain an erection, and this can seem to be insurmountable. Similarly, female libido or interest in sex can be greatly dulled.
Obesity is something that is a growing problem in today’s world and while getting up and going out for a run or being modest with portions of food, which are consumed may seem to be things which do require a lot of motivation. The benefits which are accorded to a person’s sex life can be said to make these sacrifices well worth it!
The effects of this in the case of a person who is in a relationship can be even greater, as a study conducted by the World Health Organisation or the WHO did conclude, rather interestingly, that when a person is in a relationship, there is a rather strong correlation between the body mass index (BMI) of the partner to what he or she has. So, an effort to get healthier and to free oneself from the onerous shackles of obesity, which are pretty much the biggest kill joys, can be a wonderful and greatly rewarding experience. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.