Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethaYour feedback matters!
I have periods on the day of intercourse and next month. But I missed from past two month am I pregnant please help me?
What is period. How we avoid period if we not want? Kindly tell me. Period is happening due to pregnancy. Is this right. In which age of girl. Period have take place. How care vagina at that time.
Hi Doctor. I missed my periods, since it was on march 12th. But till now I didn't get. I had home pregnancy test on 19th march, 2016 and it was negative. What should I do. I started yoga from past 15 days and is that the reason behind my missed periods. What medicines should I take? Please reply me and thank you.
Dear doc. Me and my boyfriend were having a moment and we were wearing our underpants. His pre cum may have touched my underpants and I am way too worried and anxious now. I am a hypochondriac and I am afraid. Is there a possibility of getting pregnant. My period is due on 24th.
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I want one answer for this problem i. E my daughter is 18 years and she is having mild PCOD and obesity weighing 73 kgs. And not getting her periods since last 5 to 6 months. Will she be cured from this problem. Will there be any problem in future after her marriage in delivering a child. Please help what to do.
I checked my breast lump by mammogram and found it is only fibroblastoma. No malignancy. Is it harmful in future I am 20 years female.
Hello Doctor. We are trying to conceive for the past one year. And for the past 3 months we are consulting infertility specialist they told my husband and me are normal after all check up we can able to conceive and now we are following the prescribed medicines. And now doctor advising to take laparoscopy treatment to conceive. Could you please confirm can I take this treatment now. And please let me know what they will do in laparoscopy treatment?
We are girlfriend-boyfriend and we had foreplay but while foreplay his penis was getting rubbed against my vagina. So is there any chance of me getting pregnant? And if there is any chance then please write remedies for that. Please write prescription.
Sex is an extremely personal and subjective matter. Different individuals relate to and indulge in sex differently. The idea of sex also varies from person to person and may not always fit the stereotypical penile-vaginal penetrative intercourse.
There is no way of determining exactly how much sex is good and how much of it is too much. Some people like to be sexually active with thorough regularity while others find comfort in abstinence. Age also plays an important role here with people between the ages of 18-29 indulging in higher levels of sexual activity than those who are middle-aged or elderly.
The different levels and frequencies of sexual activity have varying degrees of impacts on the overall mental, physical and sexual health of a person. There are numerous health benefits attached to having an active sex life, which manifests themselves in both the body and the mind.
The health benefits of having sex are -
As per studies conducted, it has been shown that having sex, at least, two times a week can boost overall physical and mental health. The many health benefits of being sexually active are as follows:
- It improves immunity and makes the body more resilient to diseases
- It improves bladder control in women and prevents urinary incontinence
- It prevents erectile dysfunction in men
- It improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- It acts as a stress reliever
- It improves functioning of the heart and lowers the risk of heart disease
- It reduces sensitivity to pain
There are several other benefits of sex, which include the effective healing and nurturing of the body in a holistic manner.
Is there a limit to having sex?
A large number of people all around the world are concerned about their carnal compulsions and frequently approach sex therapists about what frequency of sex constitutes as a 'healthy' dose.
There really is no such thing as too much sex. But if overindulgence in sexual activities causes a disturbance in everyday activities such as work, classes, household responsibilities and other obligations, it becomes a problem. If such a situation arises, it might be signs of a sex addiction in which case it is important to consult a sexologist or sex therapist. Ideally, having sex two times a day is good for your body, mind and soul.
I am experiencing blisters on my lips and symptoms that are similar to that ones in case of Herpes. I doubt that I have herpes. Is there a treatment available for it? How do I get sure if I have it? All the symptoms are of Herpes. It started 2 years ago. And it has become a regular thing.
The 10 year married (41 ) pregnant aspirant women already did 2 times IVF through foreign ovum donation, having problem in tubal blockage, high FSH (21.34 IU/ml) and low AMH (0.82), . Would it recommendable for another IVF of her own or go for surrogacy/adoption. Last time she got pregnancy but after 16 week it was lost due to abnormality, as result growth of the foetus checked and length was reduced and finally going to be aborted. The linear ovary and male sperm found O.k but don't know the quality of egg donor. Pl. Put the suggestion under this condition, what to do as because she is going to be on menopausal stage?
Hello doctor, I went to a gynaecologist and she told me to do surgical abortion as the baby is beating but I am scared. I want to do medical abortion at home. Is the risk in medical abortion very high now? Please recommend me the best thing to do asap.
Respected Doctor, We did unprotected sex in periods n after sex there was bleeding for next one n half day. Is there any chance of pregnancy or not. please suggest n explain.
In general, the menstrual flow consists of several layers, which include old blood, endometrial lining, nutrients, the tissue remains, etc. All these layers are discharged together as menstrual bleeding/menstrual flow. Sometimes only the layer of nutrients may be discharged before the actual menstruation - this is causing the brown discharge before period.
Incidents in a menstrual cycle may happen that the endometrial cells are not entirely expelled - 'old' endometrial cells can leave uterus during next period and usually appear as brown discharge before period. If the cause of the discharge is the endometrial cells turning from red to brown due to the delayed elimination, there would be no reason to worry. Often polyps of the uterus and/or cervical polyps can be responsible for brown discharge before period. Polyps are the groups of cells that have grown abnormally inside the uterus (mainly because of hormonal dysfunctions). Cells of polyps can bleed very slowly before period and the brown discharge before period could be a result of the bleeding from polyps.
Hello, I am on ayurvedic treatment regarding weight gain and the doctor said to me that my white discharge is the reason behind for my underweight. He gave me medicines for vital discharge and for improving my digestion. And I am on the homeopathic medicined for my acne and my digestion is the reason behind it and my doctor said to me its ok to take homeopathy with ayurvedic. I just want to know that it is totally safe to take the medicine together as both the medicines have different approach of working. I just wanted to know that uit is harmful or not? Plzz answer my this question. Thank you!
Ghee is commonly referred to as clarified butter, is a traditional dietary source of fat which is used in Indian cooking. It can be easily made at home by heating butter till it boils, yielding ghee. Refined oils are the vegetable oils like mustard, safflower, canola and the rest which are really popular these days as cooking mediums. These are the products of a chemical treatment to get rid of the strong odour and taste, as well as toxins present in the original oil.
Like, unrefined mustard oil has a characteristic pungent odour and taste and a yellow colour, but refined Mustard oil loses all of these when it’s refined. Refined mustard oil has a whitish colour and no rancid mustard taste. We shall take a look at the health benefits or the absence thereof of both- clarified butter and refined oils, followed by the final verdict on which one is better for you in the end.
Clarified butter or Ghee
Why is ghee good for you?
- It is better tolerated by those with dairy sensitivities as it’s very low in casein the main protein found in milk and has nil to minimal amounts of lactose, making it better tolerated by those with dairy intolerances.
- Ghee is also rich in butyrate, a short chain fatty acid which can decrease inflammation and help improve the digestive system.
- Ghee tastes yummy and It can be eaten on its own as it tastes nutty and wholesome. This makes it ideal for adding as topping for foods like rice, veggies and bread.
- Ghee is rich in fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K.
- Just one tablespoon of ghee can provide around 15 percent of your daily requirements of vitamin A.
- Ghee has one of the highest contents of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). CLA has been shown to improve insulin resistance and potentially fighting cancer in studies.
- Ghee can be stored easily at room temperature and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Why is ghee bad for you?
- Ghee has high saturated fat content so it’s bad for the weight-watchers. Eat in moderation is the mantra.
- Ghee’s not good for weight-loss also due to its high- calorie content.
- Refined oils are the purified vegetable oils. The vegetable oils are purified with chemicals to remove suspended particles, toxic substances, flavour components, as well as colour and odour, leaving behind clear and bland oil.
- The refined oils have lesser toxins which may be found in a few vegetable oils but they are full of chemicals according to experts, as they are obtained after treating natural oils with various chemicals to meet your expectations.
- Refined oils are the equivalent of processed foods if you will. And like fast foods they can be harmful to the digestive and respiratory systems. Refined oils have also been linked to cancer, diabetes, heart and kidney ailments, among others.
- A chemical nickel is used in the refining of vegetable oils. And it’s this element which is implicated for the adverse effects on the respiratory system, liver, and skin. It also acts as a carcinogen.
The positives of refined oils are that they have a higher smoke point. This means the temperature at which they start to smoke when heated is higher. Beyond the smoke point, an oil breaks down. So, refined oils can be used for deep frying because they don’t break-down at lower temperatures.
Well it is certainly clear that Ghee is healthier than refined oils. Use ghee in moderation though, because it has lots of fats and calories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi, I and my husband have close relationship. Is that causes any genetic disorders to our child? We are planning for kids. Now I am afraid that our child may suffer any genetic disorder. Please tell me whether there is any medication or precautions to avoid genetic disorders. I am very worried.
5 Sweeping Reasons To Drop That Hand Sanitizer You Carry Everywhere!
Although hand sanitizers offer you the convenience to clean your hands sans soap and water, and help in killing germs, these convenient health tools also come with their share of negatives.
Here's why you should drop that bottle of hand sanitizer, every time you can avoid and go conventional with soap and water:
1. Creation of Superbugs and Destruction of Cells
Although the ingredient triclosans prevent the development of bacteria, it does more harm than good. Studies show that it aids creation of superbugs (different types of bacteria that are resistant to certain forms of antibiotics). Furthermore, according to a 2014 study, triclosans have also been found to spur the development of breast cancer cells, not to mention the destruction of brain cells, according to research conducted by the university of california.
2. Causes Disruption in Hormones
Excessive use of hand sanitizers has also been found to bring about abnormal hormonal problems. Studies reveal that the triclosan ingredient can alter the way hormones function in the body, enabling bacteria to be able to adapt and become more resistant to antibiotics.
3. Development of Life-Threatening Health Problems
Another ingredient in hand sanitizers that play a role in preventing the growth of bacteria is parabens. This ingredient has been found to be a potent contributing factor in many health problems such as cancer, skin irritation, endocrine problems, to name a few.
4. Causes Skin Damage in The Long Run
As an active ingredient in hand sanitizers, alcohol can have an adverse effect on your health. It breaks down the protective outermost layer of skin, rendering it easy for toxins like parabens or bpa (bisphenol a) that is found in plastics to penetrate your skin easily.
5. Makes You Resistant to Antibiotics
Using hand sanitizers can make you resistant to antibiotics, thereby lowering your resistance to diseases. They may affect your body's immunity by killing off good bacteria that are responsible for keeping you safe from disease-causing bad bacteria. A study conducted in 2011 found that health care workers who used hand sanitizers more than soap and water are 6 times more likely to fall prey to outbreaks of norovirus (a highly infectious virus that causes viral gastroenteritis)