Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenaYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 years old , he is facing ADHD problem, and doctor prescribed a medication Axepta 10 mg , is it safe to use the medicine at this age, is there any particular diet for this problem, or is there any alternative medication . Please guide me.
Millions of children over the world have one thing in common that is they all like to run and play. Usually, this affinity for physical pursuits make them inclined towards sports and other such activities early on in life. But as parents, many of us are worried about how they will support their young bodies and still developing bones and joints as they run, hop, skip, jump and do many other things. Sports injuries are common for children with many cases of fractures and other injuries being reported on a daily basis globally.
So how can we keep our children safe from such injuries? Here is a safety guide:
- Most Common Injuries: Before we get into the prevention mode, it is important to understand the most common injuries faced by children. From strain and sprains to muscle pulls and even fractures, children are susceptible to a host of problems on the sports field. Injuries borne due to repetitive motion, as well as growth plate injuries and heat related conditions are also quite common.
- Organised Sports: The first step that can help in avoiding undue harm and injury to your child is to ensure that the child is enrolled in an organised sports program at school or any other sports academy, so that the energy and skill is being channelled and moulded properly, as there is expert supervision to ensure that the child does not indulge in certain motions and movements which may cause an injury. These sports trainers usually help by observing how the child is doing a certain task on the field and then guide him or her properly, so that it may be done in the correct way to avoid injuries.
- Warm Ups and Cool Downs: For children as well as adults, many injuries happen when the individual has not warmed up or cooled down sufficiently. Cold muscles and joints are most susceptible to sudden falls, injuries and other conditions due to the impact of the sudden and intense movements. The same can be said for cooling down. So, it is important to sufficiently warm up and cool down so that the joints, muscles, ligaments and bones in general, get a chance to get back to normal or to gain momentum in a gradual manner, which is comfortable for the body. The warm ups must not be hurried and should be done without holding one's breath. Also, it is usually recommended that stretching exercises must follow the warm up session before the child begins to run and jump.
- Hydration: Ensure that the child has plenty of water so that he or she may remain properly hydrated during the sporting or training event. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi Dr. my baby 7 months old. Suffering with cough from todays. We r using ambrodil-s syrup with 1 ml dosage. Is it ok?
My 1 year old baby gets diaper rash frequently when I use candid b cream it becomes fine but again if I stop using that it comes. Second thing she do potty after each and every meal. Please suggest something for her.
Your child needs complete care whether it is emotional, psychological or physical. A thorough evaluation of your child’s body and mind is vital at nascent stages. Especially if you observed any complaints by your little one that may require medical help, such as:
1. Frequent headaches
Much like adults, children too can experience headaches that last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. A range of primary or secondary headaches like, migraine, meningitis, sinusitis or tension may affect children due to neurological issues.
2. Blurry vision
If you observe either a vision developmental delay or near-sightedness and farsightedness in your child, it might be related to neurological issues.
3. Slurred Speech
If your child is 7-8 months and is not responding to sounds or cannot babble non-sense words, it calls for a neurological check-up.
4. Motor and Co-ordination Delay
Sometimes babies are unable to perform motor skill activities like crawling, walking or using fingers to grip or hold, such delay requires attention of the parent.
Check if your kid has become lazy and decreased his physical activities due to fatigue and tiredness suddenly of late.
6. Abnormal Movements
Common involuntary movements or tics like eye blinking, twitching of nose, grimacing or making sounds is in some cases overlooked. Tourette syndrome is an example of such a tic, which has been evaluated as a neurological issue.
7. Tremors or Seizures
Children are prone to febrile seizures (fits) or tremors along with fever that occur between 6 months and 5 years. These are signs of neurological issues that require an immediate check-up.
8. Numbness in Limbs
Neurological complications in your child’s infancy may also cause joint pain and numbness of arms and legs.
9. Behavioural disorders
A change in behaviour or attitude in your child is noticed if he/she is suffering from attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, school problems, sleep issues, intellectual disability or other neural conditions.
This symptom is tricky in children, as it may be confused with general tiredness by your human eye. It may be unheard of but many children face trouble in performing easy tasks. A neurological exam may identify the source for treatments.
An underlying problem to the nervous system can cause harm or impairment in the normal growth and development of your kid. Early diagnosis helps in correct care, recovery and prevention of long-term problems. You can opt for a routine neurological examination if you find such symptoms in your child. These exams check the functioning of your child’s brain, spinal cord, nerves that come from the brain and spinal cord and offers accurate diagnosis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My son is 7 months old and he is diagnosed for retinoblastoma it is in advanced stage doctor said he has to undergo for chemotherapy one cycle of chemo is already done can you pls suggest me the best doctor to cure this. I am from bangalore.
Hello, Doctors. My baby is 1 year old. She is not holding the head and close the arms. She is not fold the hands. does She has neuro problem? Please guide me.
Mera beta 7 saal ka hai. Uska Dengue fever ho gaya hai. Hospital mein I C you mein admit hai. Lekin fever kami nahi ho raha hai aur PLATELETS bhi kami hoti ja rahi hai. Bilkul bhi aram nahi lag raha hai. Kya ye jaldi sahi ho jayega.
My breasts are numb. Can not feel dem Im breast feeding my infant Who z 3.5 months old. What may b the reason,
Coughing is one of the most common health problems. When there is a blockage or irritant in your throat or upper air passages, your brain thinks a foreign element is present and tells your body to cough to remove that element. Coughing can also be due to a viral infection, common cold, flu, and smoking or health problems such as asthma, tuberculosis, and lung cancer.
Some of the symptoms of a cough are itchy throat, chest pain, and congestion. Instead of using over-the-counter cough syrups, you can try some natural cough treatments using readily available ingredients in your kitchen.