Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveena
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 year old she's very fuzzy eater. She eats very much slow even though if I give her favourite meal n snacks. What to do?
Hi my son is 3 years old. In his cheek white patches like tat s coming. Is tat for worm ya. R dry skin. He s not letting me to apply soap in his cheek. Oly in one side. He s daily eating lollipop too. How many months once can I give Brandy syrup for worm.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
We are blessed with baby boy on 30 April by Normal with Vacuum assisted. Mother is doing good except the stitching pain. Baby had Neonatal Jaundice at the level of bilirubin total - 11.4 and direct - 1.0. So kept baby under Double surface phototherapy for 4 days and discharged with bilirubin - 12.6 and direct 2.0 on 5th day. Baby was feeding well and we brought baby to sunlight by early morning 7 Am daily. But again during the review, baby had bilirubin - 16.9 and direct - 2.0 on 10th day. Again we have kept under light now. We are very much worried about that level was not decreased after 10 days also. And, for every blood testing they r taking some amount of blood from baby and My wife is literally crying. Doctors said the reason is blood group where baby is B+ and mother had O+. Please help me is there any other way to diagnose or treat it in better way. And my question is, Liver is about to function well for born babies by 7-9 days but still the bilirubin count is high. Or some other tests needs to be taken to cure this permanently. Pls help me to move forward. Note - combs test indirect is Negative. Thanks.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorder. tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.