Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Praveen Kumar

Urologist, Chennai

500 at clinic
Dr. Praveen Kumar Urologist, Chennai
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Praveen Kumar
Dr. Praveen Kumar is a renowned Urologist in Chromepet, Chennai. He is currently practising at Agash Nursing Home in Chromepet, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Praveen Kumar on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Agash Nursing Home

No.234,G.S.T.Road Chrompet. Landmark: Near Ananda Kalyana Mandapam, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

5yrs back I was operated for prostate. Now again I got it about 33%. I don't want to operate. Urine coming with interval of approx 2 hrs. Suggest what to do?

MD - Microbiology
General Physician, Bangalore
Hi. If operated the whole prostate will be removed. Give more details of the operation and the test you have done now.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Trouble in urine passing feeling so much pain during peeing. Feeling something is stuck while doing pee.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Dear lybrate-user, probably you have urine infection. Kindly drink plenty of water. Get a urinebtest done done and get back for further treatment. For the to me being simple paracetamol 500 mg three times a day will help.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, I have mild prostate and I have frequently go for urine at night please suggest ayurvedic medicine.

Ayurveda, Ujjain
You take 1 tablet Fortege end 1 tablet Bangshil after lunch end dinner for 10 days than consult me for further treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am having frequent urination problem. Like 3 to 5 timeswithin half an hour. But it does not happen regularly. Is this symptom of diabetics. Can you please help me in this. Thanks.

MBBS, MRCGP ( UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), DFSRH (UK), DRCOG (UK)
Endocrinologist, Hyderabad
Hi, Frequency of urination is due to a few reasons 1) Diabetes mellitus 2) Diabetes insipidus 3) Irritable /overactive bladder 4) urine infection 5) drinking coffee and tea (they are diuretics) 6) drinking lots of fluids I am not sure if you are experiencing any other symptoms like increased thirst, increased hunger, losing weight, burning sensation when urinating, fever, Lower abdominal pain etc. You could get a fasting and post prandial blood glucose done to rule out diabetes. A complete urine examination with microscopy will rule out any urine infection. It would also help if you could consult a physician or urologist to diagnose your problem and who can provide appropriate treatment. Thank you.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 year old female. Married. I am suffering from urinary disorder for the last 6 years. Heavy gas trouble lead to this case. First some amount of urine will pass, if gas is out through colon then only the remaining urine will pass. Other wise it got stucked. After sitting for some little amount of urine may pass.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Ayurveda
Don't take heavy meals, often taking food. Avoid non veg, curd, beens etc cereals except greengram. Take glass of hot milk with 1 tsp of gee at morning, in your food, use some hingu in vaggarane.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

There was blood coming after urination from my penis, I searched for it n I found it was UTI URINARY TRACT INFECTION. So I took medication for it, but problem roused again. After some days I found that problem was there only when I ejaculate. After ejaculation this problem is rising. N its very painful while urinating. N my wife's also roused to 20000. So this problem comes when I ejaculate and it persists till I take medication. Its been 2 months now. What should I do?

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FIAGES(Fellowship in minimal access surgery), FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery)
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
Hi. It can be a UTI or STD or prostatitis if blood is typically seen after ejaculation. You require abstinence for 2 wks. Get your wife examined for STD by a gynaecologist. Get a urine routine and urine culture done. Also get semen analysis and semen culture done. Treatment will be based on reports. Drink lot of water. Kindly review back with reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm married. 21 years old. I'm suffering from urinary infection. Using condom is the reason of urinary infection?

Dear lybrate user, take homoeopathic mother tincture can notharis q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water for 10 days to get rid of your problem.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 29 year old male, I have noticed that occasionally I feel stinging sensation at tip of my urethra while urinating , I also noticed burn like marks inside tip of my urethra , please advice if it is anything to worry about.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Faridabad
Drink plenty of fluids daily. Take chrandraprabha vati for 3 days get blood sugar test done. Apply mustard oil on affected area.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 19 years old, I drink plenty of water in a day, I have problem of urine, I feel a strong urge after a half hour, what can I do?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear , if you are drinking lots of water by habit which results in increased frequency then you drink as much to produce 1-1.5 liter of urine in 24 hours. Still if proble persists then get urine test done to rule out infection. If it is normal then get usg done with full bladder volume, bladder wall thickness on full bladder and post void residual volume measurement which show if there is another cause.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 56 years old male. My right UV junction (kidney) 6.6 mm (355 HU) calculus seen. What to do?

Homeopath, Delhi
Hello,take homoeopathic medicines 1.Lycopodium 200 (4 drops in little water) every morning empty stomach for a week. 2,Berberis Vulgaris Q (10 drops in little water) thrice a day for a week and update. Increase fluid intake, especially water. Recommended intake of water is 12-15 glasses per day
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 50 yr. Old. I have stone in right kidney (7mm) and gall stone (23mm) detected in Dec. 2014 under routine health check up. The size of the stones still remains the same. However, there are no symptoms prior to or after detection. Currently, I am taking homoeo medicine Berberis vulgaris on the advice of doctor. How to expel the stones.

Homeopath, Mumbai
Gallstones & kidney stones are both different entity. For gallstones you have to undergo laparoscopy surgery. For kidney stones repeat usg - kub after 3-4 months or consult urologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had done unprotected sex my pennis just touches the little before inside of vagina I had burning sensation while urine is there any risk.

MD - Ayurveda, Fellowship in Cardiac Rehabilitation, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Yoga Instructors Certificate
Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hello. I think there is a possibility of Urinary Track Infection. Drink lots of water boiled with jeera. Consult Ayurveda doctor if symptoms persist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is suffering with diabetes and hypertension since 2004 at present average blood glucose is 191. 51 mg/dl hba1c 8. 3 creatinine 2. 8 cholesterol 260 medicine she takes metaglez, bp cure 25 minipress xl 5mg when bp is <145/90 . suggest me medicine for lowering creatinine.

MBBS, PG in Family Medicine, FDRC (2 years full time Fellowship in Diabetes)
Endocrinologist, Surat
Please stop metaglez. Reduce salt intake. Keep blood sugar and bp under control. This action may tend to reduce serum creatinine level. To control sugar, please consult a good diabetologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Good Morning, I am suffering from Night fall from last 10-12 years and still it continues. Around 10 times in a month. Frequency increases in winter season or in cold. Is this affect my sexual health? Sometimes in Toilet, liquid comes with Urine. When applying force. What to do?

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
You have not mentioned your age and whether you masturbate or not. I guess you must be young and must not be used to masturbating. As one attains youth, the sperm production starts and as a result these produced sperms have to come out of the body after a capacity is exceeded. During puberty though the erections start happenning and sperms are produced round the clock, still society allows marriage only after a particular age. So it is natural that most men who have attained puberty and youth, find an outlet for these sperms and for their sexual thoughts, by masturbation. Masturbation is healthy and even animals are known to do it. May be you are not masturbating enough and hence your body makes the semen discharge at night when during your sleep the erections happen and you get sexual dreams. This is quite natural. Rather than waking up to a night fall and the mess of the secretions soiling the bedsheets, it is better to masturbate and enjoy the sexual feelings that one experiences while masturbating and touching massaging the penis. The day you start masturbating few times a week, this night fall will disappear.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from kidney stones. Rk have 4 mm stone, Lk 3 mm. Stone (lower poles 4-5 mm). scanning gave Impression: *LEFT renal calculi WITH MILD HYDRONEPHROSIS. *SMALL RIGHT RENAL CALCULUS. Now what I want to do sir. What are the foods to be taken? And not to eat? Now I am taking CYSTONE TABLETS. Some relatives said use CALCURY (Aurvrdam) tablets. Is CALCURY good for me?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bundi
Both tab are diuretics and try to crush stone in kidney. Max water should be drunk. It's not clear whether stone is at lower or upper calyx. Kalmi shora, yav kshar etc should be additionally taken though it's in tabs too. Get advise of a qualified vaidya. If you want fro us, we have a comprehensive package for it advantage is that it checks tendency of formation of stone too.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi sir my name is prasad My problem is kidney stones 3 month back test reports Left 4m Right 6m already I am using English medicine Homeopathy But not clear stone Pls tell me good medicine.

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Take 1 cup of horse gram + Add ½ L water + Heat the mixture till water level reduces to 1/5th + Strain and collect the soup + add 2 tsp of crushed pomegranate + Mix well + Drink once a day. Take shool gaj kesari ras twice a day. Take gokshuradi guggul & punarnavadi mandoor 1-1 tab twice a day. Pranacharya U through capsule and syrup twice a day. Drink lots of water. Avoid spinach. Tea and coffee. Tomato.lady finger etc.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband is patient of kidney stone. Any medicine in homeopath which remove stone from kidney?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
If the maximsum size of cysts is not more than 10mm then your cysts can be removed nonsurgically and homoeopathy is the answer.So go for homoeopathic treatment but for that I want you clear certain thing 1.Size of cysts 2.Left or righ or both kidneys 3.For how long are you carrying these cysts 4.What treatment are u presently taking 5.What are your present complaints 6.Any past or family history of Kidney cysts
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi am 23 years old. Unmarried and living in a hostel in bangalore. From 21st feb I am having pain in my stomach as if something is pinching. The pain is sometimes in the mid of stomach sometimes left and right part of lower abdomen. And sometimes near the ribs. It even goes to my back. I had periods on 29th feb and it started at night with a spot and from next day it was normal. In my ultra sound it was showing that small cortical cysts seen in both ovaries. My periods was fr 5 days. And on 12th march I had urine test. Appearance slightly cloudy. Colour pale yellow. Puss cells 3_4. Rbcs occasional. Thyroid level 1.05. Pain while urinating and some white fluid I had found in urine sometimes. Knw pain while urinated in that area is not there. Some pain is still there in my stomach. In my blood test hcg <0.1 and from my nipples white fluid is coming out while pressing. In blood reports it was showing prolactin level 30.23. What could be the reason fr that? please reply and do the needful.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Prolactin is the hormone that stimulates milk production by the breasts. Small elevations in prolactin cause irregular menstrual periods or complete loss of menses (amenorrhea), ability to ovulate (remain fertile) and may cause milky discharge from the breasts (galactorrhea). In addition, women may have a reduction in their sex drive. The normal prolactin level is < 20 ng/ml.------------------------the pain and pinching sensation in abdomen can be due to -------------- 1. Pelvic inflammatory disease,(pid) as you experience white discharge while urinating if accompanied by foul mell, itching and frequent urination pointing toward yeast infection----------------------- 2. Normal white discharge if it is clear and odorless------------- so, I will advise you to undergo another confirmatory diagnostic tet and discuss the reportss with me--------------ct scan brain to rule out pituitary prolactinomas-----------------------
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 28 years old, recently had blood sugar check up and find sugar level normal but i'm getting quite frequent urine say 30 min once. Please let me know what could be the reason and whom to consult.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Frequent urination may be due to many reason like Physiological( normal) due to excess tea/ coffee or may Psychogenic Or may be due to Urinary infection Consult Privately
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doc I am 47 years old . All my tests pertaining to health are normal. But recently I get burning sensation while passing urine pls advise.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Palakkad
Burning sensation while passing urine is a symptom uti. All sorts of urinary disorders can be completely cured with homoeopathic medicines if properly taken as per the instructions of a qualified homoeopath either direct consultation or online. Homoeopathic medicines doesn't contain any side effects at all. No diet restrictions in homoeopathy, only coffee should avoid while taking medicines. Medicines like can notharis, apis, berberis, lycopodium, hydrangea etc are very good medicines to treat various urinary disorders according symptoms presented by the patient.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed