Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KrishnaYour feedback matters!
From two weeks my eyes are paining because of my work on mobile and my higher studies. And I doesn't want spectacles please guide me what to do and diet plan.
I am a 21 year old girl my eye side is very weak -10 in right eye and -6 in left one I want suggestion if wear contact lenses it will be safe or not or which brand I have to take or if I wear and after some time I want lessic surgery for my eyes so it will be a problem than or not or lessic laser surgery is safe or not?
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.
My eyes are always filled with water. Even at times when I sit I cry like anything. Please suggest what should I do to get it correct. Also I am diabetic patient and I feel so much pain in my lower back. What to do if possible some home remedies.
If you suffer from vision loss and have to wear spectacles in order to see clearly you may be considering lasik surgery. Lasik surgery can be used to treat near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism. It involves reshaping the cornea with the help of a laser beam. This is an outpatient procedure where you can get back to work in a day or two.
To be able to undergo a lasik surgery, you must be:
- Aged 18 or more
- Suffer from nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism
- Lead an active lifestyle
- Be in general good health
- Have strong tear production
- Have thick corneas
Before the surgery begins, numbing eye drops are applied to prevent any discomfort during the procedure. The surgery itself involves the creation of a thin flap in the cornea. This is the folded back to reveal the corneal tissue below. If you suffer from nearsightedness, an excimer laser is used to flatten the cornea while if you suffer from nearsightedness, it creates a steeper cornea. In cases of astigmatism, the cornea is smoothened into a normal shape. Once this has been done, the flap is laid back in place and the cornea is allowed to heal naturally. An uncomplicated lasik surgery for one eye usually takes less than five minutes. You may feel some pressure on your eyes and hear a steady clicking sound while the laser is in use.
You may feel temporary burning or itching immediately after the procedure. Do not in any condition rub your eyes to relieve this sensation. Also, do not attempt to drive and have somebody else drive you home. The blurred vision and haziness will clear by the next morning. You may also experience heightened sensitivity to light and may see halos around lights. The whites of your eyes may also look bloodshot for a few days. In most cases, vision improves immediately but in a few rare cases, it could take several weeks or longer.
Though you can return to work the next day, it is a good idea to take a few days off. Also refrain from strenuous activities of any sort for a week after the surgery. Take the medication prescribed by the doctor regularly and do not change the eye drops without consulting him first. Avoid using makeup or cream around the eye for up to two weeks after the surgery to minimize the risk of infection. You should also avoid using swimming pools or hot tubs for 1-2 months after the surgery.