Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My Age is 16 and Weight is About 80 KG. And waist size is 38 inches. And height is 165 cm I want to increase my height and I am having thyroid And I want to know that my moustache and beard is coming will it will stop my height I want to increase height.
I Am a diabetic ,taking 1600 calorie died & insuli -lupisulin M-22unit : E-16unit ,doing morning walk/meditation every day, suffering follicular lymphoma.maintenance treatment with Mabtas 600mg every 3 month for 2year but still diabetic is not under control. please advice
My father aged 60 have sugar and BP. Now recently 4 days back he got bp of 210. Now he is hospitalised. Presently BP and sugar is normal. Blood urea is 109 mg/dl. S.Creatinine is 6.9 mg/dl. Sodium 126 mmol/L, potassium 3.5 mmol/L, Chloride 99 mmol/L. This is todays report. But yesterday S.Creatinine was 7 and 4 days back it was 4.3. As of now compared to yesterday creatinine is decreasing. Here doctors are suggesting for dialysis is this necessary. As we consulted other doctor they are saying dialysis is not required at this stage. Please suggest me. What to do should we take him for Bangalore.
I am 62 years old male diabetic on insulin,and hypertensive on T.Atenolol 100mg in morning,T.Ramipiril 10mg BD andT.Losortan 50mg BD . Now my bp ranges from 140/88 to148/ 90 mm of mercury. Can i further reduce my bp? if so what drug should i add?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.