Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PratibhaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam , I am about 32 years old woman, I have 1 baby girl of 7 years old, I want a baby again after discussion my husband, my last monthly period started on 21 February and stops on 25 february 2015, We tried to pregnant from 1 March to 7 march 2015, Sir, in which date is best for pregnant? kindly help me.
Benefits of lemon peels
Lemon has multiple health benefits. It is used for hair, skin, and inner wellness. It helps us lose weight and builds the immunity of the body. But are you aware that lemon peels are equally beneficial? not only do they contain calcium, potassium and vitamins c, but they can also be made use of in numerous ways. Here are few:
1. For tan removal: this point is pretty widely known. Lemon peel is an excellent tan removal. It also brightens and smoothens our skin.
2. As vitamin c supplement: small pieces of lemon peel and can dried in the sun and then ground to make powder. This can be added in smoothies, etc and be a good source of your requirement of vitamin c. Being rich in vitamin c and citric acid, lemon peels help in gum problems like scurvy and bleeding gums.
4. To lower cholesterol: lemon peel has polyphenol flavonoids which helps lower cholesterol levels.
5. To feel good: it acts as strong anti-depressant.
6. To fight cancer: lemon peel has nutrients like limonene and salvestrol q40 which are both known to fight cancerous cells.
7. For bp control: the cholesterol level of a body can be decreased by consuming lemon peel. The potassium present in it also helps maintain the level of blood pressure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Hello sir, I had a sex with my partner. In starting I put my penis half inside her vagina for only one time. And did not ejaculate sperm after that I used condom. But her periods did not come after that. The days we were expecting periods is 10 oct 2017 and now its 10 days past and there is no sign or periods. What are the chances that if she is pregnant.
Hi, my baby 3 month old ,I feeding him properly. Suddenly my breast milk produce less ,my friend suggest stimulate powder may I drink this?
Can you give me broader views about IUI and IVF as a fertility treatment. My spouse tried IUI twice with no success, Is there any other way before we plan for IVF?
With infertility on the rise due to various reasons, in-vitro fertilization is one of the most effective solutions. This is gaining wide acceptance across the society and medical fraternity. Read on to know more about why IVF and how it is done.
Causes of infertility:
Advanced maternal age: More and more women choosing education and career over marriage and family. There are many women who are not even thinking of having children up until their 30s. Biologically though, the quality of egg deteriorates with age, and women beyond 35 have difficulty conceiving naturally.
- Altered lifestyle including exposure to chemicals and pollutants, which has led to overall decline in the health of individuals.
- Societal changes like urbanization and formation of nuclear families
- Increased stressors in all spheres of life, which is affecting the quality of sperm and egg
- Lifestyle diseases including obesity, diabetes, and hypertension. These are becoming more prevalent in the younger age groups, and therefore infertility is on the rise in these groups.
- Lifestyle habits like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, etc., which are also poorly affecting fertility rates.
However, with all these, medical technology is also improving. For those who are faced with infertility due to the above issues, there is a lot of hope in terms of options like IVF which have provided a definitive solution to infertility.
Steps of IVF: By definition, in vitro fertilization is when the egg and sperm are fertilized or fused in a glass (vitro is for glass) and then implanted into the womb where it grows further.
- The first step is to induce ovulation. Fertility medicines are given and hormone levels are monitored to ensure egg release happens. Normally, the ovaries produce only one egg. However, with IVF, the ovary is made to produce multiple eggs, so that the chances of fertility is increased.
- The egg is then retrieved and moved into an incubator.
- Sperm sample is obtained either from the partner or a donor, and the healthiest sperm is chosen for fertilization. The sperm and the egg are then allowed to fertilize in the incubator
- A healthy fertilized embryo is then transferred into the womb. The woman is advised bedrest for about 1 to 2 days.
- Blocked fallopian tubes, which do not allow for the sperms to travel up to the uterus
- Advanced maternal age, women of more than 30 years of age, this is an effective option.
- Uterine scarring or endometriosis caused infertility can also be managed through IVF