Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PratibhaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. As per my birth date I am approx 12 years. Now there are certain changes taking place in my body which I can manage. But my aunt asked me about my periods to which I didn't respond bcoz I do not know much about it. Can you explain me?
Mai 6 to 7 week pregnant hu. Kal ultrasound krwaya jisme baby growth to kr rha hai pr abi heartbeat nhi bni hai. Dr. Ne 10 days baad aane ko kaha hai. Kya aap bta skte hai baby ki cardiac activity kb to ho jati hai. Kya 10 days me heartbeat aa jaygi. Pls rply soon. M vry tensed.
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I just had vaginal delivery 5 weeks ago. Having a white discharge but my doctor saying its normal after delivery. I was asked to do urine examination in result 40-50 white pus cells found in my urine. What does it indicates. My doctor says it's due to white discharge I am having. Please confirm I am worried.
Hello Doctors. What does it mean that multiple small follicles found in both the ovaries? Please answer my question.
Last year I had undergone pregnancy termination at 17 weeks due to spina bifida lumbosacral spine. Ths year I again conceived my lmp 22 march 2016. I am having thyroid antibodies tpo atg 613 and tsh now drag down to 1.64 as I am in 19 weeks. Also my hemoglobin getting down now at 7 and lost 6 kg weight from 67 to 61. I did anomaly scan thankfully seems to be alright. Pls guide me precautions measure and what diet and things to follow until my delivery and that can help my baby grow healthy and fine.
She missed her periods for 4 months then she had normal regular periods for 2months. Now again she missed her periods.
A Study has analysed the effect of endurance running training on the stiffness index a variable that is directly related to bone quality.The results confirm that the greater the race distance that is trained the better this can be used,therefore, to prevent the progressive decline in bone mineral density that occurs with age.
The changes in the mechanical properties of the bone were measured using the stiffness or rigidity a variable that is directly related to the bone density of the calcaneus.