Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratibha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PratibhaYour feedback matters!
I'm 10 weeks 5 days pregnant I have brownish discharge I got scanned baby is fyn with 166 hb and cervix is completely closed from where this brownish discharge is coming sometime light red I'm taking secure o and ecosprin tablet for that and I'm nauseated too and tired I'm really scared because I lost my baby in 5 month because of chromosomal abnormality I don't want to lose it too please help me out I'm really scared I need this baby very badly.
Its my 5th month of pregnancy and I am having severe hip pain and at times it gets blocked. Please give me suggestion regarding this problem.
Hello Doctors, I'm married to my cousin (our mother's are sisters and are married out of relations). We are planning for a child, what tests should undergo to avoid any genetic complexities in future. Any help in this regard is appreciated,
How to increase the fertility in women's. What are the tips. What should be daily routine for healthy body.
I am having clotting during menstrual period, sometime huge ball like clotted blood discharged. Is it normal or something went wrong with me.
My Wife is 24 Years Old. She is 5.4" Inches Height and her weight is 80 Kgs. We are planning for Baby from the Year 2011 December we married. When We Consult Doctor they asked her to reduce weight. My Question is Some Fat ladies giving birth to babies with out issue. Why Can't Wife? She is having thyroid previously but it is normal now and PCOD Problem. Thank You.
Sex which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or postmenopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex. One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience.
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water based lubricant is highly recommended. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.