Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrathyushaYour feedback matters!
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain.
Hi doctor I have a problem that during sleep my saliva get accumulated in my mouth. It means at wakeup my buccal cavity is full of saliva what should I do? Is it is a problem. How can I get rid of it?
I am a 21 year old female. I have a bad breathe problem in mouth and breathout by nose from past one year. What should I do? and how to stop my bad breath completely?
I have been doing brushing twice a day (not using any mouth wash gels, but bad smell emanating from my mouth. Please tell me which tooth paste and mouthwash gel should I use to rid of bad smell.
My wife is pregnant from 6 month but last one week she suffering from badly mouth diseases like chhale' & all that and now she can't able to eat and drink except milk and water doesn't drink any type of juice also. We have consulted with doctor with one week in 3 times but doesn't get any relief. please tell me what should I do?
My teeth are somewhat outside n I had braced it. But still now they are. I can't do it again. Can you plzzzz help me.
Hi Doctor I have 4 three together one after the other in the same place. Means 1 teeth is following backward the front teeth. I am not able to clean them well and it pains a lot sometimes. Even it looks weird.
Too much burning senstion and pain inthe mouth apart from severe pain while swalloing due to concurrent chemo and radiation for squamous cell carcinoma.
I can't open my mouth fully while eating or chewing the food. Earlier I was chewing gutkha but now since 6 months I am not chewing gutkha, but still I am having the problem and have pain in both the side jaws.
I am 54 years old & my gums are heavily bleeding specially when I take protein rich diet (i. E. Pulses etc) & also when I take garlic. It happens more during night. I use to clean / brush my teeth after every meal & take lot of vitamin c daily. Suggest some medicine. Now my gums also started decaying even.
The consumption of too many acidic foods erodes the enamel on your teeth
grinding of the teeth also destroys the natural structure of your teeth. Over time, your teeth might become sensitive.
The roots of your teeth are nicely protected by gum tissue, but when the gums recede the root becomes exposed thus causing sensitive teeth.
Recent Dental Work
Short term tooth sensitivity can also be caused by recent dental work. You should not worry, because this is only a temporary side effect and sensitivity will go away in a few weeks.