Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathap Sekhar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Prathap SekharYour feedback matters!
Sir iam suffering with mouth smell it start from after one hour from when I brushed my teeth how to over come this problem give me one suggestion sir.
I am 25 years old male and facing problem in my teeth since 2 month. My teeth is sensitive and sometimes pain in my last teeth in bottom row. What should I do?
Today while cleaning my tongue after brushing my teeth I found few black patches or stripes on my tongue. I am very surprised. Is this the sign of any illness which is growing inside my body? I marked throughout the day but the black signs still there in tact on my tongue. please help n suggest if it need diagnosis.
Sir I am 5th class govt civil contractor. I chewing gutkha last five year now I facing some problem in my mouth. First of all I going to quit my gutkha habit 100% for my girl child. The problem I am facing is when I sleep at night some kind of very small current you can say jhanjhnahat come from my leg to my head and I woke very fast. I feel if I not woke up, my mouth close tight automatically, I feel some pressure try to close my mouth so dat tym I scare very much and I eat anything from fridge and try to distract my mind from my body. At dat tym when I woke by this problem I feel very week. I want to live I quit my bad habit 100%. I am in very tense and stress I think I am suffering frm cancer. Pls guide me from which govt cancer hospital I hv to go or I start my checkup with normal medicine doctor. I know I did vry big mistake to chewing gutka but know I want to live for my family pls give me your bless by giving your lyfsaver advise. Thankyou.
We all desire and do many things to get a bright, white smile. So, how about adding a small tinkle that would flash every time you smile? Teeth jewelry is gaining popularity and includes placing diamonds or gems on the teeth. The idea of flashing a red ruby or a blue sapphire only adds to the joy that is revealed through the smile.
Tooth gems are colorful crystal glasses mounted on a thin aluminum foil which can be used on the teeth. Unlike body tattoos and piercings, there is no invasive procedure involved in dental jewelry placement and is therefore much safer. There is no drilling required, no pain, and hardly any extra maintenance after their placement. These gems or crystals can be placed even for special occasions and removed later.
Here is how it is applied: Once the patient has agreed to go for a tooth jewelry, given them various options to finally arrive at the color, size, and shape of the jewelry. The following is a step-by-step approach for placing it on the tooth.
- The tooth is completely dried, isolated, and cleaned with a polishing paste
- Tooth is etched with 37% orthophosphoric acid for about 30 seconds. This will improve the bonding of the jewelry to the tooth structure
- The etchant is then rinsed off with water and the tooth is again dried for about 10 seconds
- A light-curing bonding agent is applied on the tooth, left in place for about 20 seconds, light-cured, rinsed off and dried again
- Place a small amount of flow composite on the tooth surface
- Using a small forceps, pick up the jewel to be placed on the tooth without touching with fingers. Avoid skin contact especially on the back of the jewel. Position it in the desired way and apply gentle pressure
- The jewel should be in close contact with the enamel, pushing out the excess composite material from the tooth structure
- While still in the dental chair, show it to the patient on a mirror and make minor adjustments if required
- Once the final position is achieved, cure the composite thoroughly for about 60 seconds. Cure it from all side including the back of the tooth.
- It takes about 4 minutes for the entire placement easy, is it not?
- Lost jewelry due to aspiration
- Chronic irritation to the adjacent mucosa (especially lips or tongue)
- Tooth fracture due to weakened natural tooth structure, especially if the chosen jewelry size is slightly bigger
- Tooth jewelry is for any person who wants to add a sparkle to their smile, of a color of choice. It is advantageous in being temporary, painless, and of course brightening and dazzling the smile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.