Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap KumarYour feedback matters!
I am a forty five year old man. I have cholesterol from last year. I tried exercising, dieting, stopped eating fatty foods and many more things. But my cholesterol is not becoming low. Please give me a solution for this.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
I hav problem like something is crawling under skin and hav little with pain some time in heart. What type of disease I hav and to which doctor I hav to take appointment to cure.
Hi I am 35 years old woman. I am having problem of chest pain. I do MRI lipid profile BNP test every thing is normal. But my chest is paining and from last week my left hand and leg also paining. I want to know that if every report is normal so can I have heart problems if all test is normal.
I am 34 years old. What is the symptoms of heart attack. That time what can first aid do. Next one .what is the problem problem of heart failure?
I am 22 yrs old male sometimes I got left chest pain inside. is it dangerous? Is it dangerous to heart?
My cholesterol report r as under t cholesterol 255 h d l. 57 l d l. 179 vldl. 18, 6 tc ratio. 4.5 triglycerides 93 I have calcium clot so what to do I regular taken rosavel20.
People with very low cholesterol levels are at increased risk of developing stomach cancer, according to a study published in the International Journal of Cancer.
The study involved 2,600 residents of Hisayama, Japan, who were followed for 14 years. Gastric cancers developed in 97 subjects. After accounting for age and gender, stomach cancer rates rose significantly with descending cholesterol level. For example, among subjects with the highest cholesterol levels, the gastric cancer rate was the equivalent of 2.1 cases per 1000 persons per year; among those with the lowest cholesterol, the rate was 3.9 per 1000 persons per year.
Patients with low serum cholesterol should consider periodic gastrointestinal examination for the prevention of stomach cancer.
Low cholesterol has been earlier linked to depression, anxiety and suicide in both men and women. Another earlier report has also shown that people with cholesterol level below 180 had twice the risk of brain hemorrhage as compared to those with cholesterol levels of 230.
I would used to eat the Fast Food too much suddenly it is making a impact on my heart. SO CAN I DECREASE MY cholesterol LEVEL. PLEASE HELP.
My baby was born on 4-5-15, baby having large perimberence vsd .Is that cause any problem in future?
I am 35 year old I feel problem in my heart, feeling some burning in heart. I also took BP medicine.
I am 58 years old and had acute iwmi 7 months ago, had angioplasty done immediately, very little heart damage, lvef 65% was regulary going to gym before the attack, can I go to gym and do weight training again.
I have stuttering problem while speaking. I am trying for bpo companies, they are saying you have good English even though because of stuttering they are backing while selecting and moreover I'm saying post me into non voice section but my talks are desperate. For proper communication please guide me what steps I need to follow. When I start speaking unknowingly my chest part starts jolting, increases my heart beat and my mind goes off with tense and I will go out of track from what I supposed to speak. From kindergarten I'm suffering from stammering. Please guide me what kind of remedies I need to follow to talk like a normal person.
My daughter is a patient of low blood pressure. What can I do for her? She is very weak. When her bp goes down her body can't move.
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart.