Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna KumariYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year female, I have unprotected sex on 30 oct 2016 and after sex within 5 hours I have taken contraceptive pill (unwanted 72, my expected period date is on 9 nov 2016 and my period cycle is of 30 day and on 6 nov 2016 I have done home pregnancy test which comes negative, so please suggest me that I am pregnant or not I am so tense because I do not want to get pregnant, today is 7 nov 2016 I have not got my period.
I am trying to conceive from last 4 months but I am unable to conceive. What should I do? I have been married for 5 years and have a baby boy of 4 years I gave birth to son under C Section.
Water is an essential ingredient for life. While you can live without food for some time, you probably will not survive without water for more than three days. Compared to other natural beings, humans are the only species who store water for drinking for continued periods of time.
The emergence of plastic bottles and its ill effects on health-
In recent years, the storage medium for water has changed from earthen or metallic pots to plastic bottles. However, this is going to have a negative effect on your body as plastic bottles contain many harmful chemicals such as:
1.BPA - Bisphenol A or BPA is a chemical that is used to make plastics clear and see through. This chemical is known to be a disruptor of endocrine related functions and can cause severe illnesses or conditions over long term usage such as:
b)Birth defects in babies
d)Early or premature labor
e)Making young girls hit puberty earlier and many others
2.Phthalates - Another common ingredient used in the production of plastic bottle, this also inhibits endocrine functions and can cause the following disorders:
a)May reduce sperm count
b)May cause testicular tumors or abnormalities
c)Other gender development issues
d)It is also a known carcinogen as well
Copper as an alternative to store water
Copper is an essential nutrient for the body and at any point in time, the human body has about 0.9 mg of copper within it. This is required for the body as it helps make and repair red blood cells and is responsible for the health of the nerve cells. It is also required in the upkeep of the immune system.
Copper as a material for storing water also has its own advantages. Let's look at some of them.
- It doesn't have harmful chemicals like the ones in plastic bottles- Copper is a metal and thus reacts to water in a very different way compared to plastics. Also it doesn't have the harmful chemicals as mentioned above in its production process and is automatically a notch up.
- Copper has antibacterial properties- Storing water in a copper container overnight will kill harmful bacteria and thus it is good for your gastro-intestinal health.
- It will provide the body its daily requirement for copper- The usage of copper bottles helps the body get its requirement of daily copper easily and thus helps the body to keep its immunity up as well.
Thus, it is always advisable to store drinking water in copper bottles or vessels as it will be far more beneficial than drinking water from plastic bottles.
It's been 5months that I lost my virginity. But I haven't orgasmed yet. Sometimes it gets painful. Why is it happening with me?
Hi, I am 30. From last week itching and irritation was in vagina and some blood was passing and after consulting doctor I had medicines and the bleeding has stopped but white liquid is passing with some thick skinny type small parts of white colour which never before I had with sever itching and I also want to concieve for second time so I wanted to know that is it normal or not.
I am pregnant now in month 4 Last month at week 12 I had a n.t. Scan Doc said there was increased resistance in bilateral uterine artery nd early diastolic notch .doc said it may bring complications in my pregnancy nd I may get b.p. In end months. Nd other doc said me tat the report is wrong nd its nt possible to predict about baby heart at onlh 12 weeks Which ones correct.
Hi. I got married this year by January. We are willing to get a child but it is not happening. We are following the calendar method every month but the conception is not happening. She is getting her period on 28 days cycle. We expected this month but today her period got started. We are so worried. I am 29 and my wife is 25. Please help.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
Why some mother's do not get normal milk production for breastfeeding like other mother's & have to giv top up milk?
Hi, Im 28-30 wks pregnant Dr. ne checkup k bad file mi likha hai Bp 110/80 Oedema Nil CVS/RS NAD Cephalic IUGR FHS+FM+ Dr. bolre hai k baby k size kam hai aur baby k grwt ke liye Cap Alamin M forte 2 time lene k liye kaha hai Dr. please tellme baby aur humre reports nrmal hai kay aur kuch tension ki bat to nahi hai im so worried about my baby Thyroid ke liye 100 mg late hai aur hmra wight 72 kg hai please gve me rply As soon as possible please Thanks.
Married from last 8 month but still not yet successful. Regular 28 days cycle.what should i do to concieve ?
I'm 31 yrs. Old. My 2nd baby is by scissorian and my weight is 63 kgs. My stomach buttocks and hips have come out please suggest me some easy exercises and some home remedies which I could consume. Recently I'm having honey lemon water and through out the day I take warm water. I'm very much tensed because of my hips buttocks and stomach.
I am 22 years old female and I have hysteria. Can I recover from it without using medicine. Now I am using some medicines can I stop using them.
I am 48 and have been having heavy bleeding for past 1 year.It continues for 1.1/2 months then stops then again starts after 2 months.Bright. Red and clots .I have done scans nothing much was detected.Hormone imbalance is what was said might be nearing menopause.I am 58 KGS and have been diabetic for last 13 years.My blood sugar levels are under control.My latest HBa1c is only 4.7.Please suggest a homeopathy hormone treatment.Thanking you.
I am 33 years old female. I get very tired after coming from office & my leg's pain. Also I don't intend to do any physical relation with my husband. Give me solution?
Hello I am 28 years old female. I drink black coffee regularly and earlier I used to drink 2-3 cups now I have reduced my coffee intake to 1 and I had low blood pressure last time 100/80. So please tell me the positive and negative effects of coffee and moreover how to manage low blood pressure.
I have irregular periods. I have done all the treatments but still having same problem. Please advise me for this.
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery. Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation. Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
4. Thrombolytics - The possible advantages of this class may balance the risk during pregnancy. Common medicines used are: Alteplase, Reteplase, Streptokinase, Urokinase.
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.