Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasanna Kumar S
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna Kumar SYour feedback matters!
Hello, I suffered with pilonidal sinus 2 years ago nd got treatment through Ayurveda medicines and wound on butuck was cleared. Last night been to a movie I am getting back pain like how faced a problem 2 years ago. I felt that sinus is not cleared so pls help me.
I am suffering with sinus disease last 5-6 years. I have taken a lots treatments experts doctors but problem not solve.
I am 27 yrs and for the past 1yr everyday morning once I get up I get sneezing and running nose. Irritation in nose and throat. Doctor has given me monticope tablet to take every night. If I take tablet, morning I am fine, if not that allergy is there. Is there any solution for this.
For Ayurvedic doctor - I suffer from post nasal dripping. My ayurvedic doc has recommended 3 drops of shadbindu nasal drops in each nostril in the mornings. My sinus seems to have got aggravated (I started around 15 days back). Is this normal? How long does this medicine take to fully cure sinusitis? Should I add anything to this? Thanks.
Hi Dr Today Blood is coming out of my nose regularly and it isn't stopped. How can I stop this nose bleeding? And I also want to know why blood comes out of nose? Does it harm our body? Is it a major problem?
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose. Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds.
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia: Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!