Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasanna Kumar S
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna Kumar SYour feedback matters!
I am a BP patient and in summer I m unable to control some time blud coming from my nose. What is the best routine I should follow.
I am 22 yrs old. There is a small hole in my ear drum since childhood. Is it can be treated without operation?
Hi doc, my father age 62 had brain clotting due to which his left side got paralyzed though he is able to make some movement but every time he feels his head is revolving chakkar ana and secondly he does not feel hungry at all. What treatment should we give? And please suggest any medicine so that he feels hungry.
I am aged 22, 70 kg, 5'9. I eat healthy, get adequate sleep, but till night I feel dizziness, dark circles, weakness and fatigue. have taken multivitamins and tonics but those wasn't helpful either. I even tried not to do any physical work or so, used to be in my bed from morning to evening still I feel the same till night as if all my energy is drained. I have consulted physicians regarding this problem but all of them ended with giving me some medicines. The CBTest was normal in reports my hg-14.8, sugar levels, proteins, calcium, vitamins everything was in range, LFT, and few other tests were normal though Vitamin d3 was below range so I was taking "Calcijoint-D3" tablets. So how could I drain all my energy even if a do not do any physical work or stay healthy? Please help. thank you.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
Sir I am a 45 years old man and have giddiness for last 4 /5 years. My bp level and sugar levels under control. Please advise what should I do?
I feel my nose is flat and does not looks good. Can I opt for any surgery for the same. And how much it will cost to me ?
Hi doctor, I am suffering from snoring And it is very high during night time and with that I am very shame on me. Please tell me the treatment for that. I will be very grateful to you Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
- Sudden ear pain can be devided as aural (due to ear) or referred pain which needs to be differentiated. Important causes of reffered pain are from teeth, tonsils. Nasopharynx, base of tongue, temporomandibular (jaw) joint etc. So accompanying symptoms must be seen.
- But most of the times, cause lie in ear itself. Excrutiating pain in outer ear especially while touching ear can be due to otitis externa or furunculosis. Which in easy words can be explained as bacterial infevtion of outer ear leading to swelling in ear.
- Another important and very common cause in asom. In this patient will have pain but not on touchhing. This can sometimes lead to hole in tympanic membrane. Hence it becomes very important to differentiate all these causes before starting treatment. Proper treatment is to be taken rather than trying quacks or just pain killers.
- Stay healthy