Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Pramoth Roy

Cardiologist, Chennai

200 at clinic
Dr. Pramoth Roy Cardiologist, Chennai
200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them....more
My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them.
More about Dr. Pramoth Roy
Dr. Pramoth Roy is a renowned Cardiologist in Ramapuram, Chennai. You can consult Dr. Pramoth Roy at Roy's Heart Foundation in Ramapuram, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Pramoth Roy on has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Roy's Heart Foundation

No 3/49,Valluvar Salai, Ramapuram. Landmark: Near Arasa Maram, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Pramoth Roy

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

In last one week I got sudden shock like pain at left side bottom of my chest foR about 1-2s (3 times I got pain like that in different days), s this serious problem whether I want to consult doctor pls suggest.

MD - Consultant Physician
General Physician, Jharsuguda
If you haven't any breathlessness or difficulty in walking, cough. This is mostly due muscular pain. Don't worry. But consult a physician if problem persists or aggravates.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am so weak and my name is dev puri I want to treatment for my weakness I feel so lazy I have pain in chest also. So I am very hopeless.

M.D. (Ayurveda )
Ayurveda, Patiala
Take kaunch paka, 1 tsf, in a glass of warm milk with makardhwaja vati of dhutpapeshwara (premium gold), 1 tab, twice a day after meals. Take liquid diet, like daliya, khichdi, moong daal in your routine. Continue the regime for 1 month. Good luck
3 people found this helpful

सर मुझे bp की शिकायत हे bp की गोली वि लिया हु पर मेरे दिल की धड़कन बड़ जाती हे नार्मल रहे मुझे क्या करना चाहिए

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Reduce salt to minimum. Reduce fats like transfats. Take some good fats like a spoon of desi ghee or butter and a katori of assorted nuts everyday to get protein and good fats. Take medicine but do exercise in moderation. Eat lots of seasonal vegetables and fruits plus eating according to constitution. Take more proteins like milk and curds. If no relief with the group of medicines you are taking your doctor might change the medicines and give you a trial with another group of medicine.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have started suffering from high blood pressure. Any remedial action, like dietary restrictions, etc. I am a diabetic also.

Cardiologist, Faridabad
As you are diabetic I shud take care of your bp In future it be harmful Start taking aceinhibiter like telma 40 in morning if bp not controlled then let me know I will alter the dose.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 42 years old women of assam state. From long time I have been suffering knee pain in both legs so kindly give me a curable medicine and high blood pressore now I am taking gen cart tablet. Please advise.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hello, thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You should not be having persistent knee pain because I am sure advanced degenerative changes should not be there in your knees. Actually it is better if you can send me your involved knee x rays (ap standing & lateral) views as it helps me to see whats the knee like. Also please tell me duration of pain and what was the initiating factor for it? what medications you generally take and what has been your treatment history till now for existing problem. I would like to know whether you have got your inflammatory profile done till now and whether calcium and vitamin d testing/supplementation has been done. Also please let me know what all exercises you are doing on a daily basis. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, my father was subjected to angioplasty. He is a normal person but there is a block due cholesterol in the artery he is subjected to angioplasty. So is there in risk he faces in future?

MBBS, MD-General Medicine, DM - Cardiology
Cardiologist, Secunderabad
Dear Sachin, angioplasty is done to open blocked arteries. Among many risk factors which causes such blockage cholesterol is one. Althoough your father has risk of getting blockage at the same or other location again, with regular medication that can be minimised.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 66 years old. Received heart attack taking medicine as per heart specialist, but I cant digest food properly, why.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Take Vitazyme syrup 2tsf twice daily after food 2. Take bland diet, dont take heavy meals 3. Take smaller meals and increase the frequency of meals 4. Take one tablet of Pan 40 in the morning before breakfast 5. Go for regular walk
11 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Exactly my chest is paning so much wht can I do know and my stomach is very vry much wht can I do now.

General Physician,
it maybe acidity. you will have to loose weight to get rid of this problem completely. some weight reducing medicine will have to take for about three months
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Please give suggestion to control high pressure and diabetics and also my last testing micral urine was 183.5, my last fasting was 129 mg/dl and pp was 164 mg/dl on accu chek active machine, now tell me the actual result of this and is it too much for me and my age is 39 years and also I m a diabetic patient last 7 years.

Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian (RD), PGDD, Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S), General Physician
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Dietary and other lifestyle changes can help you control and prevent high blood pressure. Eating a diet that is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products and skimps on saturated fat and cholesterol can lower your blood pressure by up to 14 mm hg. This eating plan is known as the dietary approaches to stop hypertension (dash) diet. Get plenty of potassium, which can help prevent and control high blood pressure. Eat less saturated fat and total fat. If you're overweight, losing even 3 kgs can lower your blood pressure. Strive for at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day. Plenty of fluids orally. I suggest brisk walking for 40 mins, 5 days a week. Remain stress free as much as possible. Take your medicines regularly. I being a both a registered dietitian (rd) and doctor have been successfully helping patients with their problems through a holistic approach using customized therapeutic diet and medications. I will also suggest home remedies. Do reply back for private consultation for rx.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Respected sir/madam what can be the cause of high blood pressure and how it can be cure What precautions should we take. She is having kidney infection.

M.B.B.S. , PG Diploma In Clinical Cardiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
Do following and things will be under control alcohol 2. Reduce body wt 3. No smoking/ tobacco 4. Diet - no ghee/ butter, have mix of vegetable oils - mustard, til, ground nut, olive oil, have more green vegetables and fruits, have whole grain atta, no fried. Fast. Spicy / processed/ junk food. Less sugar, potato, rice 5. 30 mts brisk walk daily 6. Deep breathing exercise for 10 mts daily 7. Meditation daily for 10 mts. 6-8 hrs of sleep at night 8. Expose your body to sun for 15-20 mts daily after some oil massage to get vit d. 9. Take more water for medicine contact on private chat .and keep in touch for further advise
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, my father is suffering from low bp, what should they do to increase bp to normal level, and is! sugar is harmful to him?

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, follow these tips to increase your blood pressure: 1. Increase intake of salt by adding salt to curds rice and taking pickles along with curds rice. 2. Drink plenty of fluids like nimbu pani, tender coconut, water, buttermilk, fresh fruit juices, etc. 3. Drink hot coffee or tea when you feel dizzy. 4. Take sound sleep for 7-8 hours at night. 5. Avoid standing for too long hours. 6. Do yoga and meditation which helps to relieve mental stress and control emotions. 7. Avoid anxiety, stress and depression. 8. Perform regular exercises. 9. Consume lots of fresh green leafy vegatables, fruits, sprouts, high protein diet, etc. 10. Check your hb% and bp with your family doctor and take their advise for further management. If your father is diabetic, the intake of direct sugars is very harmful; otherwise, it is ok.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 48 year old female. My hdl and ldl colestrol are higher side. Kindly advice.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
Let the hdl be on higher side but ldl must not be! try eatng lots of garlic. If you cant have it get it homeopathically allium sativum,(biochemic) nat phos. Avoid all types of fats and red meat and excessive salt consumption. Requires detailed questioning so as to ascertain your personality and to treat you symptomatically. Treatment is available, safe and without side effects in biochemic system of medication. Consult me in private.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

B.Sc. - Dietitics / Nutrition, CAFE, MMM, M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition, Nutrition Certification, PGCDE, PhD
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Kolkata
Please note that omega -6 fatty acid based oils are always very essential for all. Although Omega -3 fatty acids based oils/fat also required in a particular proportion.This info.Is very IMP. For all mainly cardiac patients.

I always use to chew pan masala. Some times in parties I used to drink alcohol. Now the problem is I am suffering from acidity some burning sensation in stomach and chest from many years (7_8). Tell me some medicines to fast and complete overcome by this problem.

Homeopath, Delhi
Take nux vom 30 /tds /7 days and arena sativa q /20 drops / tds in some water try to quit pan and alcohol while on medication.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 year old I am feeling pain around my right chest once in 6 month please suggest me some measure.

General Physician, Mumbai
For pain take tablet paracetamol 650 mg and Get your vital parameters of the body checked from a nearby doctor and revert back with findings
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have acidity from longer time after eat meel I feel very nerves and burn in chest please advise me.

Homeopath, Thane
Hi, acidity leads to burning in chest. So please take following medicine tab biochemic 25 4tabs to be chewed thrice a day, 1/2an hr before meals revert back for further line of treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am Mihir from Rajkot and suffering from low blood pressure and vomit and dierea since 3.5 years and sinus from 1 year. Waiting for local doctor for diagnose. Thank you.

Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist, Ahmedabad
Sinus problem should be evaluated by nasal endoscopy and ct scan of sinus. This will give us idea about extent and severity of problem. So that we will come to know that you will improve with medicines or you need surgery and if surgery than what kind of surgery. By that time you try to avoid dust smokes perfumes and pollutants. Take steam inhalation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have done angiogram due to pain in my heart which was continuous. After angio doctor says I have a bridge in lad about 15 mm due to which I am getting pain. Now I am taking angizem 90 dp and corolan in the morning and night respectively. My pain did not come down even after 1 month and increasing instead of reduction. What should I do is there a remedy?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Being a homoeopath I will advise you to start below given homoeopathic medicine immediately for 1 month nd report me thereafter diacard (madaaus lab german) 20 drops in 20 ml fresh water 3 times a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed