Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PramilaYour feedback matters!
I have just delivered a baby 8 days back I have started breastfeeding her but I have cracked and bleeding nipples. They are very painful also. Kindly help.
My son 12 years he is studying in class 5. His height is not increasing. He looks like class 2 student and he always suck his left thump. How can we improve his growth normally looks his actual age.
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.
Child born on 15yh july at 850 pm have small 2 holes in her heart there is there any problem at present and future there is any remedy for holes please suggest.
Hello Dr. My baby is 15 days old. I had c section because of which I started breastfeeding the baby 7 days before. Wen I feed him it takes me 2 hours but then too he is hungry. And then I hav to give him lactogen. What should I do so that he should be full because I don't want to give him top feed please suggest.
My daughter is 6 years old an she is very thin and not having eating habits please tell me the solution of my problem as soon as possible.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My baby is 5 months old. He is not getting proper milk through breastfeeding. What should I give him?
My daughter in age of 9 month is having fever from last 3 days and yesterday night she becomes silence (behosh ho gayi)(even not crying). What to do?
I cannot concentrate on my work or studies. When I am studying my mind gets shifted easily or I will be distracted by myself with some thoughts (good or bad. I had better results in my subjects but now that my concentration powers are reducing causing to have poor marks I had a past history with ADHD and I consulted a psychiatrist. I completed the course of medicines, but now I think I am falling to former condition. So is there anyway I can remedy myself without medicines.
My son is 8 years old and his weight is nearly 20 kgs. Please suggest health diet for him as breakfast while going for school.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My child aged 16. He is not interested in study and not in play. He is very lazy. He don't like to following to any one. He don't has any hobby and not goal for his future.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.