Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash SelvanYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am having pain in shoulder joint this is because of throwing the ball contiounsly(speed movement) and playing shuttle with full hand. I am playing contiuosly even though I have Pain. Please advice how to cure the pain it would be really helpful for your advice Thanks Ravikumar
My weight is incresing Day by day. My legs and arms also get swollen. I do Exercise daily but no improvement is seen till now. What should I do.
I have pain while running after 2 km. Bottom at the knee why so. And whats a treatment for it please tell me.
I am a male aged about 55 years, suffering from low back pain for last 6 to 7 years, suggest what should I do.
I am 62 having pain on the rt fingers and the ring finger can't open easily'lock feeling. For the last 2 years my right shoulder has pain especially in the waken hours advice please.
His age is 75 and he is facing knee problem he feels leg is heavier than normal and weight is around 75-80 kg and sugar problem also in such situations surgery can it possible because he can not walk on his leg now please suggest.
I have back pain. I have used a lot of pain killers nd tablets. Still no result is seen. What should I do?
I have been having neck ache since from 2012' Can you please suggest me how to get out of neck ache? It really make my day miserable.
I am a 50 years male suffering from cervical radiculopathy since 2 months. Please suggest some ayurvedic treatment. Thanks.
I am a male of 62 yrs. No diabetes or bp. I developed shaking of hands from 22 and year especially when holding tumbler at top rim with hot liquid or serving with kettle or a big spoon. No shaking when keeping quiet. This I feel has increased over decades by say 10%. Will it lead to paralysis as days goes by? what preventive medicine should I take doctor?
it can be curable if you follow proper postural guidance and ergonomic designed atmosphere.
My mom has joint pain in their legs. It's been 8 years since she is taking medicines as per the doctors advise. My concern is how this joint pain can be cured completely. What food she has to prefer to reduce the consumption of medicines.
I'm 31 year old, my feet is getting swelling and neck is paining, and feeling sleepy all the day. please suggest.
I have pain on my foot. I applied cream on it. But this pain continues since 2 months. Please give me a remedy.
I am a retired police officer. I am suffering from severe neck and back pain. I underwent spine surgery lamnectomy to L4 to L5 and S1. But no improvement. I am told that my cervical vertebrae is fused due to DISH problem and there is no treaemt for it. Please advise to address my problem.
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries.