Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash SelvanYour feedback matters!
I am a male and I had a pain in back from 2 months. I had tried many medicines but do not get any good result. What shout I do.
I'm 20years old. But am getting very weak. My legs are always get pain. please give me a solution for this.
I am 30 years old female I have joint and muscle pain in 2 years ago my diagnosis report is esr 85, crp 10. 1 mg/l and ana antibody is 0.39 od ratio now I am taking a medicine indocap sr, saaz igm hcqs 200 mg and raveva dsr but the pain will not clear please advise me what shall I do.
Sir, I have knee pain from past 6 years. Now I am using pain relief gel for this pain. Please suggest me a doctor for permanent treatment.
Few weeks back I had swelling in my body especially legs, the doctor had advised me to take some tests including ultrasound of kidney which according to the doctor was normal. These things came out to be abnormal ESR westergen 54 Mchc 31.4 Serum cholesterol 258 Serum triglycerides 204 Vldl 40.8 Total/hdl cholesterol ratio 5.43 Ldl/hdl cholesterol ratio 3.57 Serum uric acid 7.3 The reports had been shown to the doctor and some medicines were prescribed. 1. Telma 20 2. atorvastatin Calcium tablets 3. Lacix 4. Calcium carbonate tablets I sometimes see some swelling in my legs for unknown reason, also I had stopped taking medicine since the last 2 days just to check and the swelling returned in my feet today. Why is this happening? After seeing the swelling I have started taking medicines. What are the things that I can do from my side to stay healthy? Frankly speaking the swelling scares me a bit. I also have high BP for which I believe the doctor has prescribed the medicine. I also had minimal change disease (nephrotic syndrome) 8 years back due to this I get scared whenever I see some swelling in my feet. please provide some solution to my problem. Also should I stop eating chicken? I have already switched to low fat dairy products.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey. You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising
- Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery to remedy the damaged blood vessels and nerves around the area.
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones. After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing.
- Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.