Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash SelvamYour feedback matters!
Hi I am young 25 years I have mild dull ache in calves while walking should I be concerned about peripheral vascular disease I am obese bmi 31 and smoker not bp no sugar.
I need to know how to ensure and control the increase of Uric acid as I exercise so I need to take protein diets, I am also taking a treatment for Joint pains which is called seatone and contains Fish. Appreciate an early reply and advise. Thank you.
I am 29 years and I got a strong feeling that I am suffering with gonorrhea. I have Checked online it's symptoms and realized that it all happened with me about 1.5 years back and still have a continuous back ache. I would like to know the tests I must undergo.
Sir I am 48 years old having weight 82 kg and ht 5'10' I am suffering from shoulder pain for the last one year. Sometime it disappears ,sometime in left shoulder may be for few days some in right shoulder .i got X Ray .Dr said there is nothing like this. I feel pain in half way under the shoulder .when it is paining it becomes difficult to take off t shirt etc means it becomes painful to raise arm .Generally when I sleep my head remains over my shoulder. Please suggest.
I am having pain in my shoulder since last 3-4 years due to excess use of Mr. arm during cooking of kheer around 4 years back. When I pick upmy shoulder for any work it pains very badly. Can you suggest me some solution?
Hi, I am Aravind and am suffering from joint pains. Now I am 33 years old and being treated in Kims hospitals. My doctor have gone through all the medical tests. Vitamin d, RA Factor, MRI, xray,ASl, Uric acid and all others tests but still I don't have any result. So pls advise.
When I get up in the morning and put my foot down I feel great pain in my heel which gradually disappears after some time
I have pain in left leg, the winter is very fast, then it is also very fast pain, pls give the advise for actual treatment, I am very sad from it. Thanks.
I am 65 years old now a days I have got pain in the foot and hand according to medical advice I checked the blood and found uric acid high about 8 what should I do take medicine or control food.?
I am 39 years old lady. My weight is 90 kg. My left leg is always paining. What tablet I have to take. Please advice.
My Back is paining due to heavy workouts, please tell me medicine to prevent this paining. please tell me fast.
Breaking a bone no matter how small is painful. This pain is caused both by the actual break in the bone and the damage to surrounding muscles, ligaments, nerves and other soft tissue. There are three stages of pain caused by a fracture:
- Acute Pain: Pain that occurs immediately after a bone is fractured
- Sub-Acute Pain: Pain experienced while the one and soft tissues heal
- Chronic Pain: Pain experienced after the fracture has healed
Any kind of fracture can cause these types of pain. However, it is not essential for everyone who has had a fracture to experience all the three kinds of pain. Many people experience pain only when the fracture occurs but in few cases, a person may break a bone and not realize it. Each type of pain needs to be dealt with in a different way.
- Acute Pain: Acute pain reduces as the fracture heals. For this, the fractured bone must be reset in place and held together with a splint, brace or cast so as to immobilize it. In some cases, surgery may also be needed. Over the counter pain medication is often prescribed to help deal with this type of pain. The patient is also advised to rest the broken bone and avoid certain types of movement that could worsen the break. A broken bone takes a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to heal. However, in cases of other conditions such as osteoporosis, this time period could be much longer.
- Sub-Acute Pain: As the injury heals, the sub-acute pain experienced reduces. Immobilizing a broken bone to help it heal causes the muscles and soft tissues around it to stiffen and weaken thus triggering this type of pain. Physical therapy can be very helpful in dealing with this type of pain. Along with strengthening the muscles and reducing stiffness, physical therapy also helps reduce inflammation and scar tissue. Physical therapy can be provided in many ways including exercises, electrical stimulation, ultrasounds, massage etc. It is important to remember that at this stage of treatment, the more the affected limb is used, the faster it will heal. However, it is advisable to avoid putting too much pressure on the bone.
- Chronic Pain: Some people may experience pain for several months and even years after a fracture has healed. This is usually caused by nerve damage or the development of scar tissue. Underlying conditions such as arthritis could also trigger this type of pain. Management of chronic pain varies from individual to individual. Treatment usually takes the form of medication, exercises and physical therapy. It is important not to avoid this type of pain and consult a doctor to ensure that it is not being caused by any other condition.