Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep SelvarajYour feedback matters!
Hello Lybrate doc, I am having hypothyroid taking 62 mg daily. At present according to reports my tsh level is 3.62 within the range. My weight is 60.8 kg, nd what should be my tsh level for me to conceive nd what should be my weight. And this tsh level hampers me if I conceive please suggest me.
Hi everyone. My mom used injection for control her diabetic. How to control diabetic without taking any injections. And how to reduce it. Kindly do the needful.
Hi! My dad is 63 years old. So this problem started last August, when we noticed that he is having some speech issue. It was like as if he is eating something and talking, when actually his mouth was completely empty. Then the frequency of this slurring increased in some weeks/months (can not recall). When we met our doctor, he advised to get an MRI done. On getting the MRI he concluded that it is because of diabetes and blood pressure that some muscles of the tongue are weak. Since november, my dad is controlling diabetes and blood pressure and has also lost 10 kgs (he was overweight, with strict diet and exercise he has lost 10 kgs and now weighs 80 kgs) So, the slurring problem increased and now its not slurring but lisping. We also noticed that his tongue is not able to touch the roof of the mouth. And there is always some burning sensation on some part of the tongue. We met a few renowned doctors but nothing was concluded. We met a neurologist, who recommended the following tests. MRI, diffused and contrast RNT THYROID ECHO ULTRASOUND OF THE NECK. All the above tests were normal. On meeting our neurologist the last time, he has given the following conclusions. He said - His tongue muscles are weak, And blood supply to the blood is not appropriate. And has given us some medicines. Although on his prescription he has written the following. D/d Multi infarct state e bulbar palsy Bulbar palsy onset AHC He has also written follow up to see for evolution/ evaluation of AHC disease. As you can see what he said and what he wrote was completely different. My question is I did my research on Ahc and bulbar palsy, yes it is very scary but some symptoms are not matching with the symptoms of Ahc and bulbar palsy. He also said - there is no test to conclude this disease, if nothing happens after having the given medicines. We will conclude that he is suffering from Ahc and bulbar palsy. Symptoms that differ His walking is perfect - daily walks for more than 7 kms His muscles are strong No problem with swallowing Please help me out in this.
I m 39 year old. I had hypothyroidism for last 10 years and suffering from preimenopause. What shall I do?
My husband is 37 years old has uric acid 8 he takes medicine and becomes low when stops will increase now the problem is, he has got itching on the ball is this due to uric acid Or can you suggest me a medicine or remedy to get rid.
I am getting lot of sweat to my hands and legs even though I have consulted many doctors but no use still I am getting sweat and I am having thyroid.
I generally feels pain in the both feet and legs may be due to increased of uric acid. I tested my blood 6 months back, uric acid was increased up to 9 on that time. I take moderate quantity of wine on weekend only. I m 52 years male. Pl advise me.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.