Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Selvaraj
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep SelvarajYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old male I am diabetic for last 8 years my problem is I feel sleepy all time and feel exhausted.
143 sugar founded in blood test after lunch & 109 on empty stomach. But not in urine. please advice me about.
Hi, I am 47 year old with pre-diabetic condition ( Fasting sugar level upto 130). Very frequently I noticed thin and white layer on penis shaft. No itching and can be easily removable. Doctor prescribed 5 days antibiotic course +Diprovat ointment mixed with Vaseline Jelly.But there is no improvement.Can you suggest cause of this and remedy aswell.
Hi Dr. I am diabetic from past 10 yrs. Taking insulin. I heard and read somewhere dat a chip is inserted below the hand. And dat takes insulin directly. And some other treatment like pump and steam cell therapy. R they available in Hyderabad and what r latest treatment available. please help dr.
Sugar since 20 years and pressure also 150/80. Sugar 180 ppbs. Her serum creatinine 2.80.and heart heavy problem. Back pain hemoglobin 7.80.so wick I am worried about her health. Serum creatinine problem last to years whom I consult and which type of medical report suddenly do? I am about her kidneys. Local doctors give treatment but nothing changes.
I am 40 years old, a sales manager of an insurance company. I am a patient of diabetic & hypertension. I wants to know about my lifestyle. I am taking glicomate sr 500 daily.
My husband 41 years old came to know he has diabetic today only. From nov 2024 he is under mental stress due to father's death and business.I want he should come out of this just detected diabetic. He is swimming coach and daily he swims for one hour. Today his suger was 196 and after lunch 318. Please guide me .He is littlebit dipressed.Give solution diet according to me main cause may be a tension only. Please help.Thanks.
Type 1 diabetes is commonly referred to as juvenile diabetes and is mostly witnessed among young people. It can also occur in adults. In this condition, the body doesn’t produce enough insulin or completely stops producing insulin. The immune system, which saves the body from foreign microbes, attacks the cells that are responsible for producing insulin. The treatment methods include taking insulin shots, oral insulin intake, taking healthy diet, increased physical activity and controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body refuses to use insulin in order to carry glucose to each and every cell of the body. The pancreas try to produce more insulin in order to counter the condition but soon give up due to an increased blood pressure. The treatment plan includes medication, making lifestyle changes, and controlling blood-sugar and cholesterol levels.
Gestational diabetes is observed in many pregnant women. The hormones produced during pregnancy can block insulin to be used by the body. While insulin resistance is common during pregnancy, failure of the pancreas to fill in the additional insulin in the body can result in gestational diabetes. Women who are overweight are more likely to develop this condition. Although gestational diabetes goes automatically after the baby is born, it often recurs in the form of type 2 diabetes in a later stage of life.
Risk factors for diabetes
- Weight: Being overweight is a primary risk factor for diabetes. An increased amount of adipose tissue increases the risk of insulin resistance by the body. It is therefore essential to shed as much weight as one can to avoid diabetes.
- Inactivity: Immobility increases the risk of diabetes in a person. It stacks up glucose in the body, making it difficult for the body to use glucose and convert it into energy. A daily routine which is devoid of physical activity ensures fat storage in the body, which can turn into type 2 diabetes.
- Family history: Diabetes, especially type 2, is closely linked with family history. If a person has diabetes, it is very likely that his immediate family or extended family has a history of diabetes.
- Ethnicity: African-Americans, people from the Indian subcontinent, Latinos, etc., are more likely to suffer from diabetes compared to their American or European counterparts. Lifestyle and eating habits are the major reasons for diabetes in these races.
- Age: Age has a direct correlation with diabetes. The age group of 45–65 is considered to be more diabetes-prone. Inactivity, immobility, and an increase of sugar intake are some of the primary reasons for developing diabetes in this age group.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!