Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have a reverse overjet=1mm and currently wearing braces since a month in upper jaws. I had my 2 lower bicuspids removed to fix the above problem and now awaiting to get lower braces on 14 sep. My question is whether the gap from my removed bicuspids will be fixed only from the braces or will I have to get an implant?
Sir I have a teeth problem. When I eat some fruit like apple. There is blood came. And I feel much pain. What can I do?
Recently there is a increase in formation of painful mouth ulcer. Does it indicate anything major? What are the relevant steps to take? I usually brush twice a day with a soft brush. Recently using mouthwash for bad smell. Pls advice.
Painful growth on right corner of the joint of jaw and throat Consulted ent specialist and he said it is submandibular gland. What ll be my further treatment and what is this submandibular gland.
My teeth is alway bleeding and smell very bad when I am brushing my teeth it start bleeding. How can I get rid of it?
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
I brush my teeth regularly and also have the habit of chewing gums and mints but still I have a horrible breath. Yes, when I was younger I had a habit of irregular brushing Any suggestions please.
Hi my mom got boild in mouth near molar right teeth after taking tender coconut it was better but now again boild near left molar teeth took medcine in that cure is only five percent so please suggest me
From since 8 years am facing severe ulcers on my mouth it is making much problem to me I can't eat well drink well talk well soo please suggest me anything.
Mere teeth yellow hai, mujhe whiteing ke liye kya krna chahiye, specially koi tooth past suggest kijiye ya fir kuch or krna chahiye.
I am 28 Years Old, My Teeth are becoming Yellow day by day which I have never faced until now. I wash my mouth after having any eatable.
Sir/ma'am I have problem in my teeth All above teeth is in front (straight) and All below teeth is in back (straight) And when I eat there is half cm gap in between the above all teeth and below all teeth But my all above teeth is good looking and 100% straight but I have the gap problem only. So I want to ask that is there any solution from dentist to overcome this solution. And also when I am in rest then my all teeth don't meet each other (ie the all above teeth is in front and all below teeth in back so there is gap) I want my front above teeth to meet front below teeth even I am in rest (not talking) And also I want to spend 1 lakh rs. To dentist when I will 28 years old so please help from the science point of view. Is this possible?
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: It may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.