Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu.TkYour feedback matters!
1.Muje pure datto me halka sa dard mahsus kar raha hu 2. Kammar me kafi dard ho raha he Kya reason ho sakta he.
Hi I am 24 years old & I want to straight my teeth. So, how much it will take and is it possible or not?
Gone are the days when braces were only for children and teenagers. Today, adults don’t need to shy away from wearing braces just because it will look unattractive. It is time to not put them off. Here are the reasons to tell you why you should flaunt the braces:
Your smile is more important: A beautiful smile can change your life. It creates a positive impact in your life. People around you get influenced by your positive and attractive smile. But, if you cover your mouth just to hide your teeth while smiling, it will hamper your life. Therefore, straighten you teeth and get back your confidence. A dental implant is of no use unless you straighten all the teeth using a brace.
Wearing a brace can keep you away from other dental issues: Misaligned teeth can cause various dental disorders or issues. If the teeth are not aligned properly, food particles can get accumulated on the surface of the teeth, forming dental plaque. This in turn can give birth to a number of dental diseases or disorders.
Braces prevent you from other diseases: Improper alignment of teeth will not allow you to chew your food properly. This in turn may cause several gastrointestinal problems.
New Age Braces-
Today, braces have evolved. They no longer look very ugly or unattractive. You will not suffer from the embarrassment of having metal braces. Nowadays, ceramic braces are available in the markets. These are translucent in nature. Besides, a new age teeth cover called Invisalign is available. These are made up of clear plastic. An individual wears them over the teeth. So, you will not have to look unattractive with the metal wire.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces-
They are less painful and cause no irritation to the gums. They are friendlier to the gums than the old metal ones.
Ceramic braces are translucent in nature. They have white or tooth-coloured brackets which look better than metal wires.
They are durable and stronger. They can break only if they are abused or misused.
Nowadays, you get clear braces in the markets. These are known as Saphire Braces. They are expensive than the metal ones. But, they are stronger and the greatest advantage of wearing a sapphire brace is that you don’t develop stains on them easily.
Cost of Braces-
The cost of adult braces depends upon the nature of brace you are choosing. Metal wires are cheaper. Ceramic and clear braces are costlier. Metal braces are available from INR 30,000 to 40,000 in the markets. Other braces look better but are costlier.
When to take braces?
In order to know whether or not you require a brace, you must consult a dentist first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Want a healthier toothbrush try keeping it dry!
I am having tooth problems. I feel like itching in my enamels. I don't know whether its sensitivity or something else. Please suggest me the solutions. Thank you.
My front teeth are little bit outer or furthest from the centre. I'm 37, Can these frontal teeth be shifted to the actual position/centre. If it is possible than what kind of treatment required & what will be the fee.
I am a 27 year male and my teeth is decaying and some part of my tooth is broken but the tooth is intact. It happened thrice with three different tooth. What am I supposed to do?
Mostly I have bad smell to mouth I do brush daily twice a day till nothing better what should I do please suggest me?
I am 68 years old. Since last month my tongue is having two small ulcer like thing on right side. I was given taxim-o 200 some anti histamine tab along with a vitamin tab for 5 days. It became fine. But after 10 days it is again come back. Please suggest me how to deal with it. Thanks.
Mere dant k gums loss ho rhae hai. And masuda is decaying. I went to AIIMS in Feb. And they suggested some mouthwash. But its not working. please help.
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.