Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhuYour feedback matters!
My 5.5 years old daughter often wets her beds while sleeping. Sometimes she is unable to hold her urine while sleeping in day time. What are effective ways to overcome from this? Thanks.
My baby boy age 1 month, problem is kidneys infection. Kidneys normal in siza ( rt: 5. 4cm; lt 5. 5cm). Parenchymal thickness at rt kinsey:- upper pole 1. 0cm, lower pole 1. 1 cm, mid pole 8 cm, renal pelvis 2. 0cm,; parenchymal thickness at lt kidney:- upper and lower pole 4mm, mid pole 5 mm, renal pelvis 3. 0 cm, sir please tellme next tertment details
My child 15 year male suffering from adhd disease he has not control his bathroom in bed at sleeping time every time please suggests to solve this problem he has doing bathroom in every 15 to 20 minute.
My niece vomits every time when she coughs. She is 4 year old and this problem is for more than a month. Kindly advice
My son is 10 month old. He having cold allergy and before he had suffered from bronchitis. How I prevent from diseases.what can be done
Hello doctor, my baby boy is 16 months of age and his weight is 8.9 kgs (still takes mother feed no other milk at all). His birth weight was 2.4 kgs. We are giving him vitamin d3 (arbivit d3 and earlier we also gave him d-sol and other few such medicines as prescribed by our doctor) drops (1ml/day). His vitamin d3 drops have not been regular means we have been able to give him these drops 5 days in every 7 days. Doctor had also advised him iron drops and zincovite which he did not take regularly. Is this a serious problem? our main problem with him is that that he does not eat food. We have tried lot of home made items which our doctor and friends have advised but he does not want to eat food at all. We have to do 100 of tricks and games (which is not possible at each and every diet and especially if we are out of home) in his each diet to distract him so that he can eat some portion of the food at least. Also sometime we are not successful in making him eat even after doing all this. This has been an issue since last 5-6 months but this problem has increased many fold from last 1.5 months since he was admitted to hospital due to excessive vomiting and loose motions. He has also developed allergy with lactose which is another issue. Please advise what should we do so that he starts eating food. We try 3-4 times in a day but he takes even half of that. He does not even want to open his mouth as seen as he sees the food and starts crying and shouting. Please advise.
Mera baby 2.5 month ka hai 2 din se use loose motion ho raha ha, Mere dudh k sath wo formula milk b feed karta hai, Uska weight b thoda kam hai -3 kg.
Hi my baby is 14 days old he is going for excretion every time I feed him with my milk he is also passing urine 10 to 15 times is it any problem please rectify my doubt.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.