Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu GaneshYour feedback matters!
I have two knee pain when I stepped our 1st floor residence and our roof-top stain, I feel some pain. Actually my age is 58 years, my height is 5 ft 3 inches and my present waight is 67 kgs. Kindly advise me at the earliest what medicines should I take, my food habit should be and what type of excerise should I take henceforth.
My father is diabetic patient he is able to control his diet or not consuming less food and now he is having knee joint pain. He is suffering a lot with joint pains and diabetic problems suggest how to get treatment for joint pains.
My father and mother have the joints pain they are using several medicins but the pain is still present so what type of medication should they take? Also I want to know the medication of migraine.
I have pain in my right shoulder from last 4 months. Everything is ok in X-RAY. I am facing this problem since I started driving a car. Is this pain related to driving posture. Please suggest me what should I do .Thank you.
I have pain in my back bone since one year and taking more medicine but no effect appears Suggest about this please.
I am a dialysis patient suffering from ankle pain when I walk, after dialysis it becomes better, but after few hours it comes again, my calcium is ok uric acid is in range, please tell what should I do. Thanks,
I have pain in my right arm for the last four months now I have also observed that there is a swelling in the under arm and near collar bone at right side. Pl suggest what to do.
I am 28 year old male having knee pain at times and I feel my knee got weak. I am regular jogger and I do play football at times. How to strengthen my knee?
Dear doctor. I had a fracture near ankle with tibia bone and having a pop from 20 days what suggest me for calcium intake. I am taking one a tablet for calcium as advised by my doctor is there any other supplement to be used. Please reply.
My aunt is undergoing a medical condition . One morning (last week to be precise ) she couldn't get up from the bed .evrytym she tried she felt fainting sensation. We took her to the hospital where doctors told she had a spondylitis attack n send her back the same day with a collar sponge to wear. It's been a week since then but she hasn't been feeling well. The fainting revives evrytym she tries to change position .she is also feeling sudden chills of pain in her head and the neck muscles feel stiff. All her reports are normal but this problem is consistent and doctors are unable to tell what the problem is .I hope you may be able to let me know what is the medical condition and what can we do to relieve her of it .Kindly reply shortly .I need urgent hlp .Thank you.
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee
- You may notice redness in your knee area
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.