Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhavathiYour feedback matters!
Sir jab bhi me saas bahar nikalta hu mere pet me muge ajib se badbu (smel) aati h jo muge feel hoti h dusro ko nhi vo bhut bekar hoti h jese koi sadi gali si pet me se badbu kyu aa rahi h koi illaz bataye iska.
I am suffered pain of teeth for 6 months and try all types past but not get any result and checked my teeth ago 3 months after time not give any solution. Please, do you give about suggestions of my pain of teeth?.
I have yellowish teeth and bad breath is coming. Please suggest me how to get rid of this yellowish teeth as soon as possible.
Meri problem akal ki daadh nikalne k baad suru hui hai actually akal ki daadh puri tarike se nikal chuki hai then gaal ki khaal us daant ke upar chad gayi hai then wo beech me aa rhi hai ,maine 2 doctors ko dikhaya the to unhone kaha ki wo khaal sergery karke cut karni padegi nahi to khaana khate time wo dono daant ke beech me aati hai or dard hota hai main us side se khana hi nahi khaa paa rha hu. Please suggest me ki mujhe sergery karani jaroori hai ya nahi. Docs ka kehna hai wo khaal kaat ke hatani padegi waha se jo dono daanto k beech touch ho rhi hai.
My teeth are not bright white and enamel is also damaged. Gum pains sometime. I want a bright smile. What should I do?
Sir mera teeth sada huwa hai ek aur kuch teeth sad rahe hain aap koi dawa ya toothpaste ka name bata sakte hain.
How long root canal treatment works? I mean I heard that the cap opens and creates problems and destroy the RCT. Which leads to removal of teeth. And I checked on Google If RCT is not successfully done that may leads to some dangerous problem, is it true?
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.