Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhasYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chronic headache since last 3 months. It occurs with a gap of few days but when it attacks lasts for 2 days. Is it migraine or something dangerous.
I had fisher surgery 10 yrs back. But something fisher problem raised sometimes bleed also. I take indrajeet capsule for temporary healing. I want final solution for this. Recently I started whey protein for body building but whenever I take motions start and I get burning effect.
migraine since last 2 years. And my sister having medicine ciplar10 mg and prothiaden 25 mg. Kindly advice some homeopathy and Ayurveda treatment. Her age is 34 year's.
I a suffering from facial paralysis from last 1 month consult with many doctors but not recover till now.
My dad is suffering from high blood pressure from past 12years. After his fast attack of bell's palsy. Ever since, he is dealing with high blood pressure. And from past few days, his pulse rate is going over 100. Can you tell us what could be the problem? His last ECG report was OK, which was done a month ago.
Fingertips of my wife become numb during sleep in early hours. What could be the reason and probable solution.
My hands are shaking from my childhood and my grandfather and mama too shakes there's hands. When I sleep also that also my hands will shivers every time please me sir what I have to do ?
Hi, one insect has gone in to my ear 3 days before. I concerned with doctor n said nothing is there, but I felt it was there. Can you help me out with following issues. 1) whether, any insect from ear can go to any part of the body like stomach or brain. 2) can it be die and still in the ear or it will just come out.
I am suffering from hyper tension diabetes and obesity since last 8 to 10 years treatment going on through allopathic medicine suggest also breathing problem called sleep apnea and also taking medicine of thyroid.
I am suffering from migraine from past 5 years I am taking pills every day regularly but still the intensity of the pain is increasing day by day. Please suggest.
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.