Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhakaranYour feedback matters!
If you are in a commitment, relationship or a marriage that is not so blissful in terms of physical intimacy and love, you probably can feel the blues. Whether a person is one with a high desire or one with a flat sex line it is a must to improve the relationship in which the person is.
Here are 6 tips, which can be discussed with the partner who has a low sexual desire:
- A satisfying relationship should be a priority: There are two main reasons to make sex life better and pay attention to it. First reason is that relationship with the spouse and the marriage depend on sex to a large extent. There is no successful relation unless there is a satisfying sex life. Second reason is that unless the intimate act is not enjoyed a person is just cheating themselves.
- Medical Checkup: A visit to the gynecologist or physician can be planned for the spouse. Hormone replacement therapy can be considered. Evaluation and assessment should be done to see that effects are not been caused due to medication. Certain herbal and dietary changes might be helpful.
- An appointment with a therapist experienced in the area of sexuality should be scheduled: A certified sex therapist can help overcome the difficulties faced by you or your partner, whoever, faces a low sexual desire. Drugs, like Viagra could be prescribed by the therapist.
- Consider your spouse's feelings: Though you might have a low sexual drive, but do make sure that you take care of your spouse's feelings as they can be rejected and hurt. The spouse's mood can be elated by flirting and telling them that they are special to you.
- Exercise and running: Daily exercise leads to an increase in the blood circulation and thus, the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina, which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act. Exercising also lengthens and strengthens the orgasm. Also, while exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex, but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
- Improve self-esteem: In some cases a poor body image might be a hindrance from indulging into sexual activity. These personal issues should be given time and dealt with in order to boost the self-esteem. One can start by exercising to improve the body image. Also, lifestyle modification and cutting down on cigarettes and alcohol helps. A new hobby can be taken up to relieve mental pressures.
Hello all I am 23 M recently I am in relationship with a girl and we had sex for the first time and we both are Virgins (I assume ) when we had sex for the first time she didn't get bleed ? And she didn't feel the pain ? Is this normal. I can't question her about this issue because I love her so much but it always hurts me and make unhappy and unsatisfactory thing in my mind ? Please help me out.
Hello sir. I am a 21 year old student currently preparing for civil services. I have always been a bright student but lately my problem of over thinking (EXTREMELY negative thoughts) and overstress has exacerbated to an extent where forget concentrating, I am not even able to form proper sentences while speaking/writing. This has reduced my confidence levels drastically because I was always a good performer at debates and writing competitions in my school days. My father is an alcoholic so I do not share a friendly relationship with him. We hardly talk. I have always been sort of an introvert but now it has become very hard for me to bear with this loneliness as the only person I had in my life hates me now. I think I'm slowly going into severe depression because now that I am not able to study properly, I feel like I will not achieve my goals and all my aspirations will merely remain dreams. I wish I could emphasize more on how tough this has become for me but I fail to explain it to anyone perfectly. I do not want a solution to my problems, I just want my confidence and enthusiasm back so that I can concentrate on my studies and ignore all my problems.
I am 40 years old and I have problem in reading and writing stuff and I feel that my eyesight is getting weak. Is it due to ageing for something else?
Dear Dr. Thank to you a million times for answering my prayer. Can you tell me what was that I got when my heart went 250 beats per minute and my body paralyzed after? Shud I consider it as a heart problem or anxiety and why I'm I not able to feel active like before and feeling panic when the weather is hot and humid.
I want to be successful in life but I have not achieved anything so far. I somehow able to complete my graduation. I always wanted to be first and get a good job in life. Because of my fear that I have not done well in studies. It took me five years to complete my graduation. I am a good kid. I don't do drugs and I am not interested in making any girlfriend. My parents always expected me that I will do good in life and take care of them because of this, I feared more and not able to do well in graduation. The main reason for this fear is I used to be a monk and I left my monkhood for my parents because my sister got married early despite of her age. My father got angry and created lot of tensions in our family because of her marriage so I have to leave my monkhood. It took me years to know about people and deal with society. As I was a monk my perspective towards life was different and I am not able to compete with fellow students. I have spent 4 years in monastery and after getting out from there, it was hard for me to do schooling and normal things. But I did my best in schools and not in graduation. Please help me Dr. I have never told this to anyone even my friends, I just want to keep this story to myself. I have gone to lot of depression during my teenage because of my religious values which was not compatible with people. But I remain silent and quiet and moved on. Now, I am in my 20's please help Sir/Madam, I am ready to anything to change my life please help. Now, I am preparing for GRE and trying to do master's in abroad. Please help me, I am really frustrated.
Thank you very much for your reply I'm really grateful to know the ans. I have few close friends they love me Nd support me as well even I think to join in a beautician course I'm really looking forward for this but r you really sure if I do chat with frndz go outside with them Nd join d course my prob will be solved? Coz my husband is not staying with us he is working in abroad Nd he comes home once in a year Nd I have to maintain all responsibilities alone which I can not bother every time. I do not have family support I told you my parents r not supportive Nd I have mood swing prob. I go outside with friends, chat with them it makes me happy for few days but after that depression will come again Nd I have to take those medicines lamitor od 50 Nd for insomnia I have to take rivotril. I know everybody has prob in there way but they may find out the way to come out I'm also trying d same. I was a very charming talkative spontaneous person everybody loved me wanted to be with me I had a positive way to live life but now a days I can not recognise myself all those positivity have gone. I do all my duties forcefully means I do not want to do but have to do like this. I love my child love my husband but the way life goes on I'm not happy may be I'm thinking too much abt it but still whatever I feel I just explain. Please suggest me some positive ways to live my life with full of energy suggest me some antidepressant medicines which makes me happy not necessary if you think Thanking you Sharmila Das Si.
I have a hobby of smoking and drinking, what should I do to stop smoking and drinking, please suggest me as early as possible. Kindly request your.
I am 25 year ago. I am not feeling fresh. And I couldn't sleep well. I think I am suffering from depression. Can't focused. What should I do?
I used to smoke 2-12 Light Cigarettes for more than 30 year butquit 3 years back. Am I still at risk.
I am unable give answer to my superior spontaneously if know answer for that question. Please advise.
I feel depression, stress, tired, numbness, aloneness, not having good sleep, problem in sleeping, feeling chocked while sleeping, loss of memory, not interested in working.
I am 27 years old male. Mari engagement tuti gayi hovathi hu depression ma aavi gayo chhu. So mane kai suggest karava vinanti. Me 3 years timir shah ni dava lidhi chhe.
I'm 20 years old male, but since some days I'm feeling breathlessness and anxiety. Some say it's because of stress may be. I would just like to confirm it once.
Can college students who are studying take mecobalamin or other nerve med to make nerves strong as sometimes face anxiety disorders due to which the doc has earlier prescribed mecobalamin 1500 mcg once a day for 25 days to make nerves strong.
In today's world, the number of working moms all over the world is more than ever. Such women have a huge two-fold task of balancing between work and home, which includes looking after their children and managing their work at office. Balancing the two ends can make life hard for a working mother.
Here are some effective ways to find balance in motherhood for working mothers:
- Find good child care: While you are out for work all day, it is very important for you to get a good babysitter or nanny for your child. You could should seek references from people and find a patient and quality babysitter for your child. It is important to manage and evaluate the babysitter on all the criteria you require. An experienced and friendly sitter would make your child comfortable.
- Keep the morning easy: Get things organized at night so that you can keep the mornings hassle free. Use the mornings to prepare your child’s lunch and laying out clothes. Plan all kinds of family schedules during this time.
- Maintain a family calendar: You should maintain a calendar to figure out the priorities of your family. You can maintain bill payment dates, a chore calendar for your kids, a list of all important events and other required charts. This will enable you to maintain everything, in spite of your busy schedule and enable you to strike a better balance.
- Stay connected during daytime: You should try to stay connected with your children, even when you are away. You should call them frequently or send them cute messages or voice recordings and videos. This will keep them happy and they will miss you less. They will be more comforted and feel loved that you are near instead of being away at work.
- Keep away from distractions and time wasters: You should stay disciplined and maintain a limit on making phone calls or checking mails. Try to do these activities when your children are asleep. Cut down your television watching time and spend the evenings with your partner. When you are spending time with your children, do not multitask and give them your total attention. At work, try not to waste time and return home as soon as work gets over.
- Arrange family activities: You must make time for your kids in order to nurture your bond and get along with them. During their growing up phase, your child requires a major chunk of your time. Make special family dinners, watch movies with your family in the home theater and engross in different games. Spending time with your partner is also very important.
Life is quite difficult for working mothers who have to balance work and family together. In order to maintain a balance, follow the above-mentioned measures and lead a happy and fulfilling life.