Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar RajappanYour feedback matters!
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I am 46 years old, female - and have black spots on cheeks. Applies foundation only on occasions and regularly uses Avon-Accolade day.
I got some pimples on my face some time my face clear but pimples come again. Why this is happening?
I have hairfall, itching and white patches on my head I am visited several Doctor but result negative.
I have got small rashes on my elbow and knees. They are itchy and very irritating. What can I do to cure? Please help.
Some type of allergy skin related and for that I take avil some other type of medication? It was like an small are gets swell like a mosquito have bite and when I scratch it the it start spreading.
Hi doctor i am 16 years 11 months I am suffering from damage hair and my hair fall is more first I has a big hair but now it becoming short what can I do ?
My body itches a lot in winters when I go in sunlight or play in sunlight. In winters when the temperature of my body changes from cold to hot it starts itching in my body everywhere? What should I do?
Hi I am 23 year old female .And I have oily skin .Actually I am about to start my career as a print shoot model so I need to improve the texture of my skin. Like the tone and evenness of the texture .So could you please recommend me a good night cream that has vitamin a and c .And also a good moisturizer for day time .That does not lead to breakouts?
Hi sir Am having hair fall from last 1 year side hairs are gone. please suggest me how to stop hair fall.
I am losing my hair a lot, what can I do I don't know. Please help in getting rid of this. And also m having lots of dandruff.
Many times, it feels like your natural hair has stopped growing completely. Although individual hair strands are growing in a growth cycle, there are few reasons why it may appear that your hair growth has been stunted or has ceased from growing.
Here are some reasons which stall your hair growth:
- Poor hair habits: Your hair becomes weak and fragile when it is damaged. Poor hair care habits can lead to breakage of hair such as excessive heat styling, chemical hair coloring, and bleaching. These add a lot of stress to hair, weakens your hair's elasticity and lead to breakage, thinning of hair and severe hair damage.
- Shorter hair growth cycle: The hair growth cycle is constantly in rotation and your hair is never in the same phase of the cycle. There is a phase of hair growth cycle when the hair becomes dormant until the cycle repeats. This resting phase of hair growth cycle may last much longer sometimes.
- Dry and brittle hair: It's possible for your natural hair to break off as quickly as it grows, appearing as if your hair is no longer growing. Moisturizing your natural hair is important because of its inability to produce a natural oil that covers the entire scalp. Co-washing the hair or using hot oil treatments, sulfate-free shampoos and adopting healthy hair regimens can keep your natural hair moisturized and prevent it from breaking.
- Poor diet: Your hair needs proper vitamins, minerals and nutrients in order to thrive and eating foods rich in nutritional value like fish, nuts, green leafy vegetables will help your hair grow healthier. You can also add multivitamins to your diet containing vitamin a and zinc which functions to strengthen hair, nourish hair follicles, promote healthy scalp and minimize shedding.
- Underlying health issues: Hormone deficiency or overproduction can result in hair loss. Dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and even allergies could affect the scalp and cause stunted hair growth. They often affect the scalp and sometimes cause scarring, inflammation or sores to form on the scalp, inhibiting hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.