Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar Rajappan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar RajappanYour feedback matters!
Prof S Gowri
his diagnosis was very efficient and right; prescribed the best ointment at low price; cured my problem within a week but the relief was within three days; he was so kind to patients and clearly explained about the problem , method of applying the ointment etc. recommended him to my friends and relatives
I have a block spots as well as pimples on my back. I use scar remove cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes what should I do.
I am 18 years old boy. Who is suffering from hair fall problem from last 6 months. What should I do to cure this problem. Even dandruff has got collected in my hair. I want a solution to my problem as soon as possible.
Skin and hair of my cousin is dry so she never look fresh and gorgeous age 35 kindly give some tips and suggestions for care of skin and hair.
My sister has pimples on her face. Her age is 20 and has dry skin. Can you suggest a cream which is available in market at least price or some home remedies?
What is this package about?
Skin allergy and respiratory tract allergy is a detrimental immune response of the body to any particular substance, bacteria, fungi or anything that the body has become oversensitive to. Problems treated by the package: All types of chronic allergies, skin and respiratory tract infections including: - Itchy skin - Pruritus - Blisters - Fungal skin infections - Hives - Skin issues due to skin contact with cold objects - Acne - Cough - Cold - Sinusitis - Allergic rhinitis - Food allergy What benefits you get from the anti-allergic package? The unique part of this package is that it makes use of Ayurvedic medicines and herbs to treat your condition; hence minimum side effects are assured. The duration of the treatment varies from 4 weeks to 12 weeks. In most cases, skin problems are resolved faster than respiratory allergies. Feature of this package include: - Advice on the combination of medicines to take - Highest quality response oriented products - Dietary suggestions such as what foods to avoids - Instructions on how to prepare various decoctions such as neem leaves decoction - A detailed analysis of your medical history including going through your medical reports What are the steps involved in this package? 1. Enquiring about your lifestyle and other common habits 2. Determining the root cause of your problem including duration and symptoms 3. Prescribing medicines specific to your case 4. Recommending appropriate cleansing and detoxification regimen Anticipated outcomes: - 1st week: Improved internals due to the detoxification regimen - 2nd week: Relief from pain and any uncomfortable sensations - 3rd week onwards: Significant improvement in conditions
Sir I am 24 years now. I facing hairfall for the past two months. Before that I had but not this extent. Now I am losing very fast rate around 300-400 hairs a day. By internet I found some biotin tablets which has some good reviews. Can I use it. My symptoms are itching when I put coconut oil and dry scalp falls out after head bath. Please tell me what should I go for. Any medication or anything. I just want to stop it. I am feeling very depressed.
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
- Palmoplantar Psoriasis: This type of Psoriasis are most likely to show up on the palms and soles. It can also appear on the tops of your feet, backs of your hands, and on knuckles and nails. It may be triggered by an injury to the skin, an infection, or another skin condition such as hand dermatitis. It may first occur during a period of psychosocial stress. Lesions are like cuts which bleed.
Psoriasis - Homeopathic Treatment
The patient should be encouraged to expose maximum to sunlight and avoid trauma during the active phase.
Homeopathic treatment of psoriasis – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the signs and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat psoriasis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned; several well-proved remedies are available for psoriasis treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.