Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
My 2.6 years toddler is facing constipation issue since some time, am making him drink water as much as possible. Pls suggest a god medicine for constipation. Also let me know how much should be his intake of water in a day?
I have one child. He is 5 years old. My sister also has a baby. After watching my sister breastfeeding her baby, my son also wants breastfeeding milk from me. Please suggest how can I breastfeed my son.
Sir my baby is one month 13 day old, his DOB is 12October 2016. He used to vomit and never allow to burp always curled whenever I want him to burp. Please tell me what is his problem.
This information is of my son. Please help me in selecting a diet chart for him. He is 9 months old.
My baby is 4 month old. And suffering from cough. I used ascoril LS 15 ml syrup .Please suggest me the medicine. How much ml I given the syrup.
My child is of 3 years. He is having vomiting problem. Whenever he runs he start having cough and then he vomit. Whenever he is having cough 90% he vomit. We consulted many doctor but everybody is saying cough problem. We treated for the same but still problem is same.
My relative has a 14 year old boy. He is suffering from urine fall on bed in night. Kindly resolve the problem.
Adolescence is a period of transition from childhood toadulthood. It is also a period of biologic, physical, emotional, and cognitive change. Teenagers want to be more independent, have an active lifestyle, and find their identity. They are frequently sensitive to criticism. These factors can put the adolescent at nutritional risk. In addition to growth and greater demand for calories and nutrients, their change in lifestyle affects food choices. Adolescents may skip meals, eat away from home, increase snacking, eat more convenience fast foods, and generally be more responsible for their food intake.4–6
Adolescents today are inundated with images of the “ideal body” from all types of media and at the same time struggling to define their own body image during an impressionable phase of their lives. It is during this time that disordered eating can become apparent and can manifest itself in an obsession with weight control, which can lead to long-term health concerns. Eating together as a family in a relaxed environment is very important at this stage.
The typical adolescent may display the following nutritional habits:
• Derives over 30% of calories from fat
• Skips breakfast (20%)
• Skips lunch (22%)
• Snacks heavily from 3:00 pm to bedtime (50%)
My daughter weight is 7.1 kg she is 9 months old so it is ok for her age and please anyone Dr. please suggest the diet of 9 months baby.
My baby suffering from vomiting after every feed milk. She is 6 month old Dr. give ondem for 5 days but she is continues vomiting she is very weak please suggest.
Meri baby grl ko aj 5 days hi huye he and use bleeding ho rahi he urine k sath kya karu nd kyu ho rahi he.
Hello Doctors, We have been blessed boy baby on 10-04-2016 with 1.96 kg as a Late Pre Term (34 Weeks 6 Days) and now he is having the weight of around 2.5 Kg and we are giving his feeding as DBF 30ml of PRE-NAN every 2 hours by SPOON Feeding. My question here is like, in SPOON feeding some quantity will get waste and also we have doubt like that 30ml is sufficient or not so we are planning to give him with BOTTLE FEEDING, so here I need your suggestion like can we go with BOTTLE FEEDING or not and also can we increase the quantity of milk? Because in universe many controversy with bottle feeding so we need your valuable opinion on this. And also I request your valuable suggestion to continue with FEEDING and other things with the baby. Awaiting your greatest responses. Thanks.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.