Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabha Karthik
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Prabha KarthikYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old male. I have snoring problem and I am suffering since 3 yrs. I had already consult doctor, they tested me and said that I have only snoring problem in nose and nothing another problem. So they didn't treat it is not serious. Please tell me a solution. Regards Pradeep.
My father is 85 years old and he is facing problem in his vocal code his voice volume is also decreasing day by day. In morning the voice is even better but as the day passes his struggle increases. We consulted a Dr. too he mentioned the decease as " Left v.c. Palsy" he gave following medicines for 7 dayz. 1 Tab defect 12 mg (Twice a. Day) 2 Tab Neurobion force 3 Tab dompan Please sir tell me in detail what decision should we take according to his age.
Dizziness or vertigo is a feeling of being off centre, which makes a patient feel like there is lack of balance. This is especially apparent when one is at a height or while wearing footwear with high heels. It may be caused due to a variety of causes, and ear problems are one of the primary causes of this kind of dizziness.
Let us take a look at the various ear problems and how they can cause dizziness or vertigo:
- Infection: The bacteria or virus that causes cold and loose motions can also cause an ear infection. This can give rise to temporary vertigo which may last up to six weeks or more. Dizziness or vertigo happens in such cases because the viral effect spreads to the inner ear which causes a ringing and off balance sensation. The general physician or ENT specialist will usually prescribe a round of medicines only if the condition becomes too severe to handle.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: This kind of dizziness is also known as BPPV and may be caused due to the motion of a calcium particle known as otolith, in the ear. This can cause a fluttering movement that gives the sensation of falling down or losing balance. This usually takes place in the part of the ear that catches the sensation of gravity. The movement of the otolith can make the patient feel as if his or her head is turning or swaying, while in reality the patient may be stationery. This problem can be fixed with the help of a two minute therapy known as Epley Manoeuvre, which can be conducted easily in the ENT specialist's clinic.
- Meniere's Disease: There is actually a specific condition that is characterised primarily by dizzy spells and vertigo. The other symptoms of this ear bone condition include ringing of the ears, loss of hearing, and the feeling of fullness or pressure build up in the ears. This can be fixed with therapy and drugs as well as hearing loss aids.
- Dandy's Syndrome: This is an ear condition where the patient constantly feels like he or she is bouncing up and down. This condition hits patients who are on antibiotic medication for any kind of infection, and it subsides once the medication is done with. It occurs in such cases because certain kinds of antibiotics may be toxic for the ear. One may also see natural improvement in the condition over the passage of time.
- Tumours: Other reasons like tumours and strokes can also cause vertigo on a temporary or permanent basis.
Dizziness due to ear problems can be due to a number of mild to severe reasons. It is best to get these causes checked.