Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Prabha AppaswamyYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I amjohn 24 year old I am facing ed problem since 5 year I am very depressed pls help me out this problem.
I am an artist (oil painting) ageing around 60. Anxiety problem was haunting me off and on and I was becoming out of mood to complete some paintings, particularly portraits which needs more concentration. My full time profession is official work of a sr. Steno-secretary. As a remedy I was advised to take 0.5 trika twice daily which I am having for about one year and finding some relief. My question is that is there any harm if I continue this medication. I am a diabetic & bp patient too which is under control with insulin and bp medicine. I would be grateful if you could give me your advice on the issue of taking trika medicine. Thanks a lot for getting your reply. Regards, somasundaran.
I used to smoke since 3 years 7 ciggerate a day. Now I want to reduce it. I want to know what is the safe limit of smoking I mean how many ciggerate I can smoke a day that will not effect my body system.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and perfect keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
I have excessive yawning, fatigue, anxiety, weight loss, headache from past 1 year. Done CBC, blood glucose, liver, chest x-ray, thyroid, Blood Pressure and all is fine. Please help.
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
- Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
- Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
- Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
What is the difference between a psychiatrist and psychologist as both can treat depression very well. Please let ne know. Thnx.
I am 20 year male student and due to studies and part time work my health is constantly degrading. I have tried for jogging and doing yoga but I am not successful. This is causing depression in my mind.
I have exams after a week. So I can't remember studied thinks in my mind, please tell me how to remember for exams?
I am 20 year guy please having high please symptoms such as please hand tremors nervousness lack of confidence please what should I do ?
I am 28 married man. Since last 2 months I was in extreme stress, anxious and depressed due to some personal reasons. Suddenly one day I felt small infection in my mouth (i think Candida). After few days I felt some ulcers in my throat. Also having pain on shoulder. Also suffering from continuous burping. I am neither smoker nor alcohol addict. What should the reasons of my problems?
I having a depression since one month, sometime I get angry on any unknown person without any reason, I having a severe headache along with this all symptoms. Plzzz help me.
I am suffering from depression for 10 years. Though I am carrying out day to day activity at office and home normally, I am no more able to enjoy any activity and doing it in routine manner and as it is my duty. Can you suggest any test or short term medicine. If I find improvement, I will seek long term treatment for depression. Thanks.
I constantly feel like crying and like to be alone every time. Does this mean I am going through depression? I don't feel like eating food but still eat forcefully. Getting severe headaches. Backside nerves on the neck pain a lot every time.
My father age around 68 years, since few months / a year he withdrawal himself from social occasions and avoids meeting and specking with family members. He also having symptoms of Anxiety and Emotional Outbursts. Could you please guide us that who we should behave or act for help him to overcome from this problem.
I have very bad memory. I am not able to remind yesterday's activities. How can l increase my retention capacity sir.
Hi! I am a 20 years old guy and I have a psychological problem. I just get scared or frightened so easily by anything. I get scared to talk to girls. I just overthink what she will say or what foolish I will say. I'm an anti social. I don't know why. At every point I get scared. When some one teases me I cannot reply back I get blank nothing else matters, then for several days it will be cracking my mind by thinking about it again and again. I don't get excited like others I don't know why. I always feel like sleepy less excited.
I am 25 years old male and I suffering from some mental disorders like some time I forget my friends name, lack of concentration, and sometime I dont even focus to read the words and spell them. This happening from last 7-8 months. What should I do iys affecting my career.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.