Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabal KumariYour feedback matters!
I get angry with my closest people, and it hurts them. I get angry if I see something wrong is being done. I don't easily let go. How can I control my anger. I really want to change.
Hello sir, I am suffering from semen leakage problem. It leaks out when talking to gf without any stimulation n if I stop talking to gf then even it leaks out in very small amount unconsciously. I can notice it because it has great mental effect on me. I start feeling anxious n dull after this prob. How it can happen unconsciously while I am sitting in gurdwara? Can you explain me this? N why this prob occur to me n how much time it will take to completely get cured?
She is illiterat end married, has to adult children, both well settled. For last 5 yrs, she has no physical relation with her hubby who is attached with another woman. Since then, she uses to abuse everyone of house over simple thing from morning to evng. She behaves like abnormal. But never blames her hubby. No one can stop her and make her understand. She does not listen others. She use to talk to herself like whispering. She does not have faith on anybody and doesn't want to go to doctor. We can not give her any medicine. Please help.
3 Things You Did Not Know You Should See a Psychologist For
Most people consider seeing a psychologist an act of weakness or embarrassment. Therefore, they never think that their prolonged periods of stress, anxiety, grief and conflict could be a sign that they need professional help. They fail to understand that psychotherapy is nothing but a strategy to relieve stress and make life easier to live and that often, it does not require you to get stuck amidst expensive treatments or prolonged medication and consultation sessions.
Here are 3 times when you did not know but you needed to see a psychologist.
1. You feel intense emotions way too much
It is common for everybody to feel angry or sad at times in their life but if you feel these emotions too intensely, frequently and for prolonged durations, it may be the right time for you to see a psychologist. If your emotions overpower you to such an extent that your ability to function is impaired, it is a sure shot sign that you need professional attention. Also, if your anxiety levels are so high that you immediately imagine the worst case scenarios associated with any challenging situation that comes your way, you should not delay your visit to the psychologist because it may lead to panic attacks and paralysis.
2. You cannot stop thinking about the trauma that you had faced sometime in your life
If you are too grieved with the pain of death, loss of job, fear of accident etc. that you once faced in your life and there is no way how you think that you can get over it, you should seek immediate help from a psychologist. You may think that these feelings are natural and that you cannot do anything about them but in reality, it is not so. In fact, if left untreated, these conditions can lead you to a lifestyle where daily functioning is impaired. So if your trauma is too hard for you to handle, consider visiting a psychotherapist to prevent further damage.
3. You fall ill too quickly and headaches are a persistent problem
Being emotionally upset can affect your body in more ways than you think. So every time when you fall ill, the cause may not always be a physical medical condition. Stress and anxiety can lead to chronic illnesses like frequent stomach ache, reduced sexual drive, frequent cold, severe neck pain etc. So if you fall ill too quickly and the reasons for your illness are far beyond the comprehension of the general practitioner, it is high time that you consider visiting a psychologist.
Hi doctors. I wanna ask about myself I am a jolly type of girl 25years of age I mostly keep myself happy but suddenly now and then my mind gets irritated and I feel like not talking with anyone and if in that anyone ask me somthing I shout at them:(. And my second consultation is whenever I try to defend myself from anyone I start crying I am very much fed up with this even when people say wrong about me I try to explain myself but due to crying I am unable to tell them anything. Please do help
I am facing some problem like suddenly day time my mind be absent means i forget though i know where i am. but my mind be totally absent. and sometime at night time as per my near one said that my body was be hard and my eyelid be more opened. and after few minutes i be normal in both case.
Depression is an addictive state, which is hard to get rid of. Everybody who suffers from it encounters it in an unexpected way, yet we all agree that it can be a major well-being issue. It makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when you can't demonstrate your feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with your productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Never Say 'You're Too Much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much," particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Try not to Shame People for Being Negative: Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do Understand That Depression Doesn't Mean "Trouble": Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Do Validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.
Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
Related Tip: "How To Recognize Depression In Adults"
Hey Doctors. Please help me I want to reduce some fat from my body and I really put myself on hard diet and exercising like rope skipping push ups and drink a lot of plenty water. I checked my thyroid but there is no issues .am really confuse what's going wrong with me. I am not able to sleep just going deeper and deeper in depression. Now I totally want to try some medicine please if you suggest then I will take help me thanks.
I live in hostel. For Almost a couple months now I have cold. Initially I didn't notice it (since i've always had cold) but now it is really irritating me. Now when I remember my childhood. I used to have same problem most of the time. Am I allergic to something?
Respected All, My Parents are now senior citizens. Since last few years, I am observing that both mom and dad are becoming irritating, short-tempered even over simple things. Even though our family is facing few hardships and stress over recent years, the extent of their irritation is simply becoming unendurable, day by day. Due to frequent quarrels and heated debates between ourselves, even I am experiencing short-termparament ever than before. Especially, my mom thinks too much negatively, becomes stubborn and dominant whenever she feels something is not going as per her way. Is is the impact of menopause? Years ago, I read in newspaper that Flower Odour Therapy can be used to heal behavioral problems such as "hyper irritation", short temperament etc. Is their any ayurvedic or odour therapy that can help me and my family? Thanks.
I am 38 years old. Since last 2 3 months feeling depressed. It is severe in the morning. Do not feeling like going out or talking to anyone. Though I am doing all the required tasks not feeling happing just dragging myself to do all the chores. Please tell me if it is normal or I should visit a doctor.
My age is 19. Weight 60. Whole day only study. No exercise. Exam is on ahead. Want to keep myself mentally & physically fit. What shall I do. What will my diet I. E. Which type of food do I take or don't to increase my power of remembering.
Hello sir, i'm student. I read more but I can't remember anything. Pl tell me what should I do for better memory power?
I am in a relationship since 4 yr, frm last 2 years I found my guy is cheating on me. I hv tried everything bt he is not improving himself. He even dnt let me go, neither I am able to move out of this. But nowadays I am feeling very depressed. Everytime I have thought of doing wrong this to me. please suggest me to move out of this.
Hi one of my known ones whose age is 50 female. She got irritated (chidchidi) at every bit of time even of no use she got irritated and starts crying and her lectures starts. What should I do that she become little clam its very disturbing due to this my whole flow of work get disturbed its very annoying please suggest me what should I do. I know its little common at this age bt then also.
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining Trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special effort in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy Communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Happy Sexual Life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations.
It has been proven that older adults who burn calories in moderate physical activities like jogging swimming gardening and dancing are likely to have lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease
Exercise-associated calorie burn can increase the level of grey matter volume in key brain areas which are responsible for memory enabling the active adults to protect their brain from cognitive decline