Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabal Kumari
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabal KumariYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old female n use to have angry very soon. N I m a house wife whats the reason behind it? All my medical reports are normal too. How to get rid from tiredness?
Confidence is a state where you know and understand yourself enough to put forth your thoughts and actions without being bothered or shot down by people around you. Yet, there are various situations that create a less than stellar performance in the confidence game. Many times, we end up behaving in a way that points to low confidence and self-esteem. While body language plays a huge role here, words and phrases also matter. So what are the confidence killing words and phrases that you need to ban from your life? Take a look at this list!
- Just: This single word can undermine your intentions and make things seem less casual than they actually are. Sometimes, we get intimidated by the person or the situation and end up down playing things by saying, I was just thinking about it like this.
- I am no expert: When you start a sentence by tearing yourself down, you are putting yourself up for rejection.
- What if: While a 'what if' may be a good idea in particularly trying situations where you are faced with a person who may be in panic or anxiety, this is not a good phrase to use at work and in life, in general. It shows that you have not thought of the option properly.
- I cannot: This single phrase can demolish relationships, both personal and professional within a matter of seconds. Nothing says you do not own your domain more than this phrase. When you say you can't or you cannot, you are effectively giving up and handing over control to someone else which is a downward spiral as far as your confidence goes.
- Like, so: Unless you are starring in a chick flick, we would recommend that you stop using this fluffy and light weight phase, 'that is like, so cool'. Yes, it may be cool, but saying it is cool, will more than suffice. When you use phrases like these, you are basically telling the world that you do not take yourself seriously enough to talk like a serious person.
- Exclamations: Using exclamations at the end of thanks or any other word, can show that you were not confident of getting the task done. Be grateful, but do not make it sound like relief.
- Sense: 'Am I making sense' or nonsense are words that you need to send away from your vocabulary, as they denote a low sense of confidence and also show that you do not have confidence in the people around you.So get into a more confident mode by removing these seven words and phrases from your life.
My question- mere shir ke bal bhot jhad chuke hai or bhi jhad rhe hai or mera memory pawar bhot kamjor hai sir to may kya karu please slah dijiye.
Dear doctor, because of stress or chronic anxiety, will one's body skin get affected? My skin is looking very dull without shining. And I'm losing weight as well.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi, I have been going thru alot of stress . Marriage trouble. Its almost on the brink of divorce.I dont want it.I love her. I am depressed. My head pains 24 *7. Help.
I'm having left leg pain with testicle.I completed by Ultrasound test and result was slight varicocele.One of doctor suggested me not to lift heavy weights.After 2 months,still im suffering slight pain.Does surgery is required.If surgery required,how many days it take for a person to recover after ?
My father is 74 years old, he forgets everything like where he worked, what is home address etc, now days he wants to go out of the house frequently, once he had gone and didn`t returned one whole night, luckly we found him, what is his problem and treatment also.
I am having raisen heartbeats for some time even may be hours while my doctor saying its due to anxiety but I does not feel any tensions. Will heart beat raise even when we are in no tension or anxiety. While my bp is 130/90 and aged 22 and this I am facing since 4/5 months. How to get rid of it.
Hi, I have been diagnosed with polysomatization disorder. Does CBT help? If yes, how much time it takes to recover?
My father used to drink alcohol a lot. But now he drinks alcohol 3 or 4 times a week. And day by day he is losing apatite, infact he totally lost their apatite at night. We insisted him to have dinner usually, why he is loosing their apatite during dinner? Is it any dangerous sign? His age is 53 and weight 61.
I am suffering from from last 8 years with bipolar disorder symptoms. Situation now under control from 3 years. I want to get rid from these medicine. Bupron XL 150, Nexito 5, Dopovol 250mg, Neurogardian. As these can only control upto some limit but not cure the problem. Any Ayurveda treatment is available for it.
I have a girl whom I give too much priority but that girl doesn't give me same priority back she is more attached to her family .I get depressed .what to do.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!