Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabal KumariYour feedback matters!
I have stammering problem since childhood. High stage fear. Fear.tension for this problem causes fever headache also.
Hello sir my body are paining from last 2days I don't know what the problem is can you please help for out of it.
I'm suffering from severe headache like some one is holding my head with pressure do I need to worry recently I had a panic disorder.
I am not having habit of going early to bed & don't have proper sleep I am addicted to smoking I want to leave habit of smoking & I have regular walk for 45 min after dinner then also I don't have sleep. Pls advice what to do.
Hi I'm a male or boys I always think or get depressed thinking how gals go behind rich guys or mens or boys how rich mens or boys or guys look so good looking and fair and handsome that gals go behind or after them I also want to look or become good. Looking and fair and handsome like rich people or rich guys or mens or boys please tel me what should I do or what to do to look or become good looking and fair and handsome like rich people or rich guys or rich mens or boys please tel me plz.
I am having symptoms if electrolyte imbalance but, don't know about it's treatment. Which department should I approach to. What tests are required. Symptoms: dizziness, confusion, thirst, depression. Reason: prolonged use of diuretic (amifru 40 for 5-6 months) may be.
Hello Sir / Madam, Good Afternoon. My Name is Litan Deb, age 32.5 months, I have suffering from body pain along 10 year above. In the year 2000 I got fiver.
My mother has always been very extremely possessive and she sometimes goes to extreme heights because of that. Recently on 28th April, I lost my father to cancer. He was diagnosed in JULY last year and survived only for 9 months. Those 9 months had a very negative affect on my mental and physical health. I got diagnosed with PCOD and Hyperthyroidism and the doctors have repeatedly asked me to avoid stress and tension. After my dad passed away, my mom's possessiveness grew to extreme new heights. She constantly keeps a tab on everything I do, who I meet. It feels as if I need her permission to breathe also. This has made me very volatile emotionally. I have started getting these episodes of anger, violence and uncontrolled emotions where I become so angry that I become abusive verbally. This is also taking a toll on my health as my bp sometimes goes as low as 80/50 then as high as 140/90 in a same day. I am unable to sleep, tensed, distracted all the time. I am seeing a guy she does not approve of but she needs to understand that he has been with me through the whole bumpy ride and even though I am emotionally a disaster right now he still refuses to give on me. She calls up in my office also asking about my whereabouts and travelling details and my job is also at risk now. All this is taking a toll on me every way possible. I really do not know what to do now.
How to increase memory power few years back I got accident and injured head left side after that I was forgetting what I'm doing like daily time table and appointments kindly give me good suggestions thanks.
I am very good in studies and all but still I think I lost my concentration and even I think I am getting sleepy whenever I go to read. Please help me.
1 Exercise - you may be thinking exercise is not priority during exam but making time for exercise especially out doors can boost your revision secession and your health during stressful period. Exercise release endorphin happy hormone which improve your mood and help you reduce stress. So don't feel guilty of taking break for workout or even walk out side in fresh air.
2 Eat well - UK Charity 'Young Minds' recommends eating a balance diet during exam to keep yourself at optimum health. Iron rich green leafy veg get plenty of fruit. Summer berries to help with concealed level top up your level of omega 3 fatty acid.
3. Stay hydrated avoid coffee and tea drink plenty of water.
4 Take regular break it help your brain process organize and remember every thing you revised.
There are certain aspects of our lives, which we may feel are not upto the mark and you might want to change them. For example, consider a situation that you suffer from dwarfism and people mock you about your height. You may wish that you were taller so that you are not ridiculed anymore. You may feel physically inadequate and stay depressed quite frequently.
No matter what the odds are, you should be able to find a support system somewhere, be it in your friends, family or within yourself. There are a number of methods which you may find useful in dealing with these kinds of situations.
- Mediation: Meditation may help in focusing your mind and keeping your mind free from negative thoughts. It helps in improving your concentration and broadens your mind. It may also help in seeing situations in a different manner and in a different light thus, helps you overcome difficult episodes in life.
- See things from a different vantage point:Usually we see things from one single standpoint and perceive them in a single manner. It is advised to see the same thing through multiple viewpoints and multiple vantage points in order to get a broader understanding of the entire situation. This helps in making a more logical and balanced decision.
- Focus on the positives: Let’s understand with the help of a simple anecdote. One day a teacher gave a student a white piece of paper with a black dot at the center and asked the student what he thought of the paper. The student said that there was a black dot on the paper. Usually, most people tend to focus on the black dot and not the white space surrounding it. Similarly, in life, you should see the positives instead of concentrating only on the negative aspects. This will help you sail through a number of difficult stages.
- Build resilience: Being resilient is a very good quality to have, as it can help you overcome a lot of setbacks in life. Problems are a part of life as they might result from external circumstances which you will have no control over. Hence, it is always wise to accept the situation and move on in life.